Theodosius (from the Greek "Θεοδόσιος", "Giver of God") is a name which might refer to one of several people:
- One of three emperors of ancient Rome and Byzantium:
Others by the name are:
Theodosius of Kiev is an 11th century Saint who brought Cenobitic Monasticism to Kievan Rus' and together with St Anthony of Kiev Theodosius ( Феодосий in Russian) (? - 1475 - Metropolitan of Moscow in 1461-1464 Metropolitan Theodosius (Lazor (b 1933 in Canonsburg PA) was the primate of the Orthodox Church in America (OCA from 1977 until his retirement in 2002 Theodosius Grygorovych Dobzhansky, also known A geneticist is a scientist who studies Genetics, the science of Heredity and variation of Organisms A geneticist can be employed as a researcher Evolutionary biology is a sub-field of Biology concerned with the origin of Species from a Common descent, and Descent of species
- Theodosius of Bithynia or Theodosius of Tripolis (c. Flavius Theodosius (January 11 347 – January 17 395 also called Theodosius I and Theodosius the Great ( Greek: Θεοδόσιος Α΄ Flavius Theodosius ( 10 April, 401 – July 28, 450) called the Calligrapher, known in English as Theodosius II, was Theodosios III or Theodosius III (Θεοδόσιος Γ΄ was Byzantine Emperor from 715 to March 25, 717. The Pope of The Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria, or Pope of Alexandria for short is the head of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria Pope Theodosius I of Alexandria (died 567 was the Coptic Pope from 535 until his death and until 536 also recognized as Patriarch of Alexandria by the Eastern Pope Theodosius II of Alexandria was the 45th Coptic Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the See of St Pope Theodosios III of Alexandria was the 79th Coptic Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the See of St Theodosius of Bithynia (ca 160 BC–ca 100 BC was a Greek astronomer and mathematician who wrote the Sphaerics, a book on the geometry of the sphere 160 BC– c. 100 BC) was a Greek astronomer and mathematician.
- Patriarch Theodosius I of Alexandria (535–567)
- Theodosius the Deacon, an unknown 10th century Byzantine poet who wrote the poem "The Conquest of Crete"
- Patriarch Theodosius II of Alexandria (c. Pope Theodosius I of Alexandria (died 567 was the Coptic Pope from 535 until his death and until 536 also recognized as Patriarch of Alexandria by the Eastern Theodosius II served as Greek Patriarch of Alexandria in the 12th century (exact dates are unknown 12th century)
- Theodosius of Kiev, 11th century Russian saint
- Theodosius, Metropolitan of Moscow (1461–1464)
- Metropolitan Theodosius (Lazor), former primate of the Orthodox Church in America (1933– )
- Theodosius Dobzhansky, noted geneticist and evolutionary biologist
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |