Swiss German may refer to:
- Swiss Germans, the Germanophone community of Switzerland;
- Swiss German (linguistics), the dialects they speak;
- Swiss Standard German, the variety of Standard German used in Switzerland;
- Germans of Swiss origin (see Category:Germans of Swiss descent). The German language (de ''Deutsch'') is a West Germanic language and one of the world's major languages. Switzerland (English pronunciation; Schweiz Swiss German: Schwyz or Schwiiz Suisse Svizzera Svizra officially the Swiss Confederation Swiss Standard German is one out of four official languages in Switzerland, besides Romansh, French and Italian. Standard German ( German: Hochdeutsch) is the standard varieties of the German language used as a Written language, in formal contexts
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- A group of related Alemannic languages, closely related to German, spoken in certain parts of South Germany, Switzerland, Austria and France.
- The group of such languages spoken in Switzerland.
- Any one of the such languages spoken in Switzerland, which may be an official language in one or more cantons in Switzerland.
- Of or relating to one or all of the Swiss German languages.
network: | |