| - Total||321. The Netherlands ( Dutch:, ˈnedərlɑnt is the European part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which consists of the Netherlands the Netherlands Overijssel (Transiselania is a Province of the Netherlands in the central eastern part of the country Area is a Quantity expressing the two- Dimensional size of a defined part of a Surface, typically a region bounded by a closed Curve. 69 km² (124. Square Kilometre ( US spelling square kilometer) symbol km2, is a decimal multiple of the SI unit of 2 sq mi)|
| - Land||291. The square mile is an imperial and US unit of Area equal the area of a square of one statute mile. 12 km² (112. 4 sq mi)|
| - Water||30. 56 km² (11. 8 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2007)|
| - Total||43,119|
| - Density||148/km² (383. New Year See also New Year The Ancient Romans began their consular year on January 1st since 153 BC Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century. Population density (in agriculture standing stock and Standing crop) is a measurement of Population per unit area or unit volume 3/sq mi)|
| ||Source: CBS, Statline. Statistics Netherlands, founded in 1899, is a Dutch governmental institution that gathers statistical information about the Netherlands. |
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
| - Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Steenwijkerland (before 2003 called Steenwijk) is a municipality in the province Overijssel, in the eastern Netherlands. Central European Time ( CET) is one of the names of the Time zone that is 1 hour ahead of Coordinated Universal Time. UTC+1 is used in the following locations Central European Time West Africa Time Western European Summer Time Daylight saving time ( DST Central European Summer Time ( CEST) is one of the names of UTC+2 Time zone, 2 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time. UTC+2 corresponds to the following Time zones Eastern European Time Egypt Standard Time Central Africa Time A municipality is an administrative entity composed of a clearly defined territory and its population and commonly denotes a City, Town, or Village, or Overijssel (Transiselania is a Province of the Netherlands in the central eastern part of the country The Netherlands ( Dutch:, ˈnedərlɑnt is the European part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which consists of the Netherlands the Netherlands
The municipality forms the entire northwesterly corner of the province. This area is called in Dutch: de kop van Overijssel (the head of Overijssel). It borders to the province Friesland. Friesland ( West Frisian: Fryslân, Dutch Friesland) is a province in the north of the Netherlands and part of the bigger region known The "capital"of the municipality, Steenwijk, with a population of about 17,100, is situated on the A32 motorway ( Zwolle - Meppel - Leeuwarden) and has a railway station on the line connecting those same cities. Steenwijk is a village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. It is located in the municipality of Steenwijkerland. Zwolle is a Municipality and the capital city of the province of Overijssel, Netherlands, 120 kilometers northeast of Amsterdam. Meppel ( is a Municipality and a City in the northeast of the Netherlands, in the south-west of the Province Drenthe. Leeuwarden ( Stadsfries: Liwwadden, West Frisian: Ljouwert) is the Capital city of the Dutch province of Friesland
Steenwijk is the economic and administrative centre of the region. Many smaller trading and industrial enterprises are housed here, as well as a hospital and some secondary schools. Vollenhove has a shipyard, where very exclusive yachts are built. A yacht is a recreational boat It designates two rather different classes of Watercraft, sailing and power yachts All over the area, partially being below sea level, the soil is somewhat swampy. Mean sea level (MSL is the average (mean height of the Sea, with reference to a suitable reference surface Many Steenwijkerland farmers only raise cattle. The soil is too wet to grow corn or wheat. However, the wetlands also have an advantage: many nature or water sports loving tourist come to the municipality.
The more important places are printed in bold types. In brackets: estimated population,on January 1th, 2006.
- Blauwe Hand
- Blokzijl ( 1,400)
- De Bult
- De Klosse
- De Kolk
- De Pol
- Dwarsgracht - like Nederland and Muggenbeet, a small village much like Giethoorn, however more remote
- Giethoorn (2,600)
- Nederland, Overijssel
- Oldemarkt (2,600)
- Onna, Overijssel
- Sint Jansklooster (2,400)
- Steenwijk (17,100)
- Steenwijkerwold (1,900)
- Tuk - like Zuidveen now a suburb of Steenwijk ( 1,600)
- Vollenhove (4,100)
- Wanneperveen (1,600)
- Witte Paarden
- Zuidveen. Baarlo is a small village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. Baars is a small village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. Basse is a small village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. Belt-Schutsloot is a small village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. Blokzijl is a town located southwest of Steenwijk in the province of Overijssel, the Netherlands. De Pol is a village in the Netherlands and it is part of the Noordenveld municipality in Drenthe. Giethoorn is a village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. It is located in the municipality of Steenwijkerland, about 5 km southwest of Steenwijk Kuinre is a village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. It was a separate municipality until 1973 when it became a part of IJsselham, which in turn merged Nederland is a hamlet in the municipality Steenwijkerland in the province Overijssel, the Netherlands Oldemarkt ( Stellingwerfs: Ooldemark) is a village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. Steenwijk is a village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. It is located in the municipality of Steenwijkerland. Steenwijkerwold is a village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. A tuk band is a kind of Barbadian musical ensemble which plays tuk music. Vollenhove is a village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. It is located in the municipality of Steenwijkerland, southwest of Steenwijk Wanneperveen is a village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. Wetering is a village in the Dutch province of Overijssel. It is located in the municipality of Steenwijkerland, about 9 km southwest of the town of
- The city of Steenwijk can be visited for daily shopping, going to the market, etc. Don't expect exclusive or extremely "trendy" shops!
- In Steenwijk the villa "Ramswoerthe", built in 1899 in Jugendstil architecture, and its park can be visited. Year 1899 ( MDCCCXCIX) was a Common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common Art Nouveau ( nu vo anglicised /ˈɑːt nuːvəu/ ( French for 'new art' also known as Jugendstil ( German for 'youth style' is an international
- Blokzijl has a small marina, surrounded by picturesque old brick houses from the 17th century, looking like miniatures of the Amsterdam canal houses. For other uses of this word see Marina (disambiguation. A marina is a sheltered Harbor where Boats and Yachts As a means of recording the passage of Time, the 17th Century was that Century which lasted from 1601 - 1700 in the Gregorian calendar Amsterdam (pronounced) is the capital and largest city of the Netherlands, located in the province of North Holland in the west
- Vollenhove has two remarkable old churches (15th and 17th century) , the castle ruins of Toutenburg with a park, the estate Old Ruitenborgh (18th century; small hotel with a good restaurant) and several old houses, of which the former Latin School (17th century) is the most beautiful.
- Giethoorn and Dwarsgracht are picturesque due to their local structure (see above); many of the old farmhouses have been transformed into "second homes" where rich Dutchmen live during their holidays. In summer, most houses of the village are lit in the evening, which enables the Tourist Board to organise romantic guided boat tours. Of course, a yacht-basin, restaurants and camping sites are there as well.
- Between Kuinre and Steenwijk lies the National Park "De Weerribben", a very valuable wetland area with bogs, swamps, small canals and meadows. A wetland is an area of Land consisting of Soil that is Saturated with Moisture, such as a Swamp, Marsh, or Bog It can be visited on guided tours. The entrance is in Ossenzijl. For information ask the VVV (Tourist Board) or the owner, the "Natuurmonumenten" organization (on their website, type under: Zoeken ( = Search) the name of the area).
- A similar natural reserve called "De Wieden",is situated in the southern part of the municipality. An information centre is situated in St. Jansklooster near Vollenhove. "Wieden" means: wide places, wide lakes. These lakes are suitable for sailing, windsurfing etc. Windsurfing is a surface water sport using a windsurf board also commonly called a sailboard usually two to five meters long and powered by a single sail
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |