A software developer is a person or organization concerned with facets of the software development process wider than design and coding, a somewhat broader scope of computer programming or a specialty of project managing including some aspects of software product management. Software engineering is the application of a systematic disciplined quantifiable approach to the development operation and maintenance of Software. hiyaA project manager is a professional in the field of Project management. Software product management is the process of managing Software that is built and served as a product as opposed to a service Software products This person may contribute to the overview of the project on the application level rather than component level or individual programming tasks. Software developers are often still guided by lead programmers but also encompasses the class of freelance software developers. A lead programmer is a Software engineer in charge of one or more software projects A freelancer, freelance worker, or freelance is a person who pursues a profession without a long-term commitment to any one employer
Other names which are often used in the same close context are software analyst and software engineer. In a Software development team a software analyst is the person who studies the software application domain and prepares the software Requirements and Specification Software engineering is the application of a systematic disciplined quantifiable approach to the development operation and maintenance of Software.
With time, differences between system design, software development and programming are more apparent. Already in the current market place there can be found a segregation between programmers and developers, being that one who actually implements is not the same as the one who designs the class structure or hierarchy. A programmer is someone who writes Computer software. The term computer programmer can refer to a specialist in one area of computer programming or to a generalist In Object-oriented programming, a class is a Programming language construct that is used as a blueprint to create objects This blueprint includes attributes Even more so that developers become systems architects, those who design the multi-leveled architecture or component interactions of a large software system. In Systems engineering, the systems architect is the high-level designer of a System to be implemented  (see also Debate over who is a software engineer)
- A 'programmer' can be celebrated just for writing code, but a 'developer' could be involved in wider aspects of the software development process such as:
- Participation in software product definition, including Business case or Gap analysis
- Requirements analysis
- Development and refinement of throw-away simulations or prototypes to confirm requirements
- Feasibility and Cost-benefit analysis, including the choice of application architecture and framework, leading to the budget and schedule for the project
- Authoring of documentation needed by users and implementation partners etc. Software engineering is the application of a systematic disciplined quantifiable approach to the development operation and maintenance of Software. A programmer is someone who writes Computer software. The term computer programmer can refer to a specialist in one area of computer programming or to a generalist Software product management is the process of managing Software that is built and served as a product as opposed to a service Software products The purpose of a business case is to capture the reasoning for initiating a project or task In Business and Economics, gap analysis is a business resource assessment tool enabling a company to compare its actual performance with its potential performance Requirements analysis in Systems engineering and Software engineering, encompasses those tasks that go into determining the needs or conditions to meet for a new or Software prototyping, a possible activity during software development, is the creation of Prototypes i The purpose of Requirements management is to assure the organization leverages to the expectations of its customers internal or external stakeholders Cost-benefit analysis is a term that refers both to a formal discipline used to help appraise or assess the case for a Project or proposal which itself is The definition below applies to Application' s' Architecture This is one of several Architecture domains that form the pillars of an Enterprise architecture or In Computer programming, an application framework is a Software framework that is used to implement the standard structure of an application for a Budget (from French bougette, purse generally refers to a list of all planned expenses and revenues Software documentation or source code documentation is written text that accompanies Computer Software.
- Testing, including defining/supporting acceptance testing and gathering feedback from pre-release testers
- Participation in software release and post-release activities, including support for product launch evangelism (e. In Engineering and its various subdisciplines, acceptance testing is Black-box testing performed on a System (e A software release is the distribution whether public or private of an initial or new and upgraded version of a Computer software product Software product management is the process of managing Software that is built and served as a product as opposed to a service Software products A technical or technology evangelist is a person who attempts to build a critical mass of support for a given technology in order to establish it as a Technical g. developing demonstrations and/or samples) and competitive analysis for subsequent product build/release cycles
- In a large company there may be employees whose sole responsibility may consist of only one of the phases above. In smaller development environments, a few, or even a single individual might handle the complete process.
- ^ a b Eric Sink. Software development is the translation of a user need or marketing goal into a Software product Software engineering is the application of a systematic disciplined quantifiable approach to the development operation and maintenance of Software. A software development process is a structure imposed on the development of a software product Game development is the process by which a Game is produced Today this term most commonly refers to the development of Video games Overview Development Eric Sink is a Software developer and writer He is the author of Eric Sink on the Business of Software ( 2006) a collection of essays from his Blog Small ISVs: You need Developers, not Programmers. sourcegear. Retrieved on 2008-06-06. 2008 ( MMVIII) is the current year in accordance with the Gregorian calendar, a Leap year that started on Tuesday of the Common Events 1508 - Maximilian I Holy Roman Emperor, is defeated in Friulia by Venetian forces; he is forced to sign a three-year “A programmer is someone who does nothing but code new features and (if you're lucky) fix bugs. They don't write specs. They don't write automated test cases. They don't help keep the automated build system up to date. They don't help customers work out tough problems. They don't help write documentation. They don't help with testing. They don't even read code. All they do is write new code. ”
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |