ShakespeaRe-Told is the umbrella title for a series of four television adaptations of William Shakespeare's plays broadcast on BBC One during November 2005. An umbrella title is a formal or informal name connecting a number of individual items with a common theme William Shakespeare ( baptised Year 2005 ( MMV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link displays full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. In a similar manner to the 2003 adaptation of The Canterbury Tales, each play is adapted by a different writer, and relocated to the present day. Year 2003 ( MMIII) was a Common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar. The Canterbury Tales is a Dramatic Anthology series that aired on BBC One. The plays are produced in collaboration by BBC Northern Ireland and the central BBC drama department. In August 2006, the four films premiered on BBC America.
- Adapted by David Nicholls
- Broadcast 7th November 2005
- Set in a local news studio, with Beatrice (Sarah Parish) and Benedick (Damian Lewis) as bickering anchors. Much Ado About Nothing is a comedy by William Shakespeare. First published in 1600 it is likely to have been first performed in the autumn or winter David Nicholls (born 30 November 1966) is an English novelist and screenwriter Events 1492 - The Ensisheim Meteorite the oldest Meteorite with a known date of impact strikes the Earth around noon in a Wheat Sarah Parish (born 7 June 1968) is an English actress. Parish is known for her work on such TV series as Peak Practice Damian Watcyn Lewis (born 11 February, 1971) is a Golden Globe -nominated English Actor and producer. Hero (Billie Piper), the weathergirl and daughter of station manager Leonard (Martin Jarvis), becomes engaged to Claude (Tom Ellis), the sports presenter. Billie Paul Piper (born Lianne Paul Piper on 22 September 1982 is an English actress and pop Singer. Martin Jarvis can refer to Martin Jarvis (actor, UK actor Martin Jarvis (conductor, Australian conductor and lecturer in music Tom Ellis (born 1979 is a British actor who amongst other roles has played Dr The roles of Don John and Borachio are combined into jealous visual effects manager Don (Derek Riddell), who plots to break up Hero and Claude. Derek Riddell ( 11 January 1967, Glasgow) is a Scottish television actor Meanwhile the other characters plot to get Beatrice and Benedick together. The ending is highly modified from the original text, with the final wedding being that of Beatrice and Benedick, while Hero decides not to get married yet leaving the viewer to decide if she does or does not get married in the future.
- Adapted by Peter Moffat
- Broadcast 14 November 2005
- Set in a three-star restaurant owned by celebrity chef Duncan Docherty (Vincent Regan), with Joe Macbeth (James McAvoy) as the sous chef and his wife, Ella, (Keeley Hawes) as the maitre d'. Macbeth is among the best-known of William Shakespeare 's plays, and is his shortest tragedy, believed to have been written some time between Peter Moffat is a British playwright and screenwriter His best-known plays are Nabokov's Gloves and Iona Rain. Events 1533 - Conquistadors from Spain under the leadership of Francisco Pizarro arrive in Cajamarca, Inca The Michelin Guide ( Le Guide Michelin) is a series of annual Guide books published by Michelin for over a dozen countries Vincent Regan (born May 16, 1965) is a British film and television actor Macbeth is the main character in William Shakespeare ’s The Tragedy of Macbeth. James Andrew McAvoy (ˈmækəvɔɪ born) is a Scottish stage and screen Actor known for his roles in Atonement, The Last King Lady Macbeth is a character in William Shakespeare play Macbeth. Keeley Hawes (born 10 February 1976) is an English actress, initially known for her role as Zoe Reynolds in the BBC One Joe and his fellow chef Billy Banquo (Joseph Millson) are annoyed that Duncan takes credit for Joe's work, and that Duncan's son Malcolm has, in their opinion, no real flair for the business. Banquo is a character in William Shakespeare 's 1606 play Macbeth. Then they encounter three supernatural binmen who predict that Macbeth will get ownership of the restaurant, as will Billy's children. Joe and Ella are inspired to hire Eastern European hitmen to kill Duncan, but the binmen subsequently warn that Macbeth should be wary of Peter Macduff (Richard Armitage), the head waiter. Eastern Europe is a general term that refers to the Geopolitical region encompassing the easternmost part of the European continent. Macduff is a Fictional character in Shakespeare 's play Macbeth. Richard Armitage (born August 22, 1971 in Leicester) is an English Actor.
Macbeth's first name may be a reference to the 1955 film Joe Macbeth, which likewise modernised the story, in this case to a Chicago gang-war. Chicago (ʃɪˈkɑːgoʊ is the largest City by population in the state of Illinois and the American Midwest of the United States.
- Adapted by Sally Wainwright
- Broadcast 21 November 2005
- Katherine Minola (Shirley Henderson) is a career politician, who is told her abrasive personality is bad PR and that it might be good for her image to get married. The Taming of the Shrew is an early comedy by William Shakespeare believed to have been written between 1590 and 1594 Sally Wainwright is a British Playwright and Television Writer. Events 164 BC - Judas Maccabaeus, son of Mattathias of the Hasmonean family restores the Temple in Jerusalem. Shirley Henderson (born 24 November, 1965) is an award-winning Scottish actress. Public relations (PR is the practice of managing the flow of Information between an Organization and its Publics Public relations - often referred When penniless nobleman Petruchio (Rufus Sewell) shows up, interested at first in Katherine's money, sparks fly in more senses than one. Rufus Frederik Sewell (born 29 October 1967) is an English Actor. The relationship and battle of wills brings surprises for both parties. David Mitchell played Kate's hapless secretary Tim. David Mitchell (born 14 July 1974 is a British Actor, Comedian and Writer.
- Adapted by Peter Bowker
- Broadcast 28 November 2005
- Theo (Bill Paterson) and Polly (Imelda Staunton) visit Dream Park inclusive leisure facility to celebrate their daughter Hermia's engagement to James (Theseus and Hippolyta are not Hermia's parents in the original). A Midsummer Night's Dream is a romantic comedy by William Shakespeare, suggested by " The Knight's Tale " from For the town in Argentina, see 28 de Noviembre. Events For other uses see Theseus (disambiguation Theseus (Θησεύς was a Legendary king of Athens, son of Aethra, and fathered Bill Paterson (born 3 June 1945 is a Scottish stage film and television actor In Greek mythology, Hippolyta or Hippolyte (Ἱππολύτη is the Amazonian queen who possessed a magical Girdle she was given by her father Imelda Mary Philomena Bernadette Staunton, OBE, (born January 9 1956) is an English actress best known for her performances in the Hermia is a Fictional character from the Shakespeare play A Midsummer Night's Dream. Demetrius (from Greek &mdash Δημήτριος male form of Demeter) is the name of several notable people from Classical antiquity and The engagement party is, much to the irritable Theo's horror, disrupted by Hermia's true love Xander. Lysander is one of the iconic lovers in William Shakespeare 's play A Midsummer Night's Dream. Despite their own disagreements, the fairy rulers of the woods around Dream Park, Titania (Sharon Small) and Oberon (Lennie James), have a duty to ensure a happy ending, so Oberon gets Puck (Dean Lennox Kelly) (portrayed as a sort of magical wide boy) to try to sort things out with "love juice" eyedrops, while Oberon and Theo discuss their marriages. A fairy (also fay, fey, fae, faerie; collectively wee folk, good folk, people of peace, fair Titania was the name of a character in William Shakespeare 's play A Midsummer Night's Dream. Sharon Small (born 1967) is a Scottish actress. Her best-known role has probably been that of Detective Sergeant Barbara Havers in the Oberon, also Auberon, King of Shadows and Fairies, is best known as a character in William Shakespeare 's play A Midsummer Night's Dream Lennie James (born October 11, 1965 in London, England) is an English Actor and Playwright. This article is about Puck the character in Shakespeare's play for the mythological figure this is based on see Puck (mythology Puck, also known Dean Lennox Kelly (born 1975 is an English actor best known for his role as Kev Ball in Channel 4 ’s Shameless. Wide boy is a British term for a man who lives by his wits wheeling and dealing Puck's efforts inevitably lead to more confusion. Comedian Johnny Vegas appears as Nick Bottom who, like the other Mechanicals, is a Dream Park security guard who hopes to make it onto the entertainment staff. Johnny Vegas (born 11 September, 1971 as Michael Joseph Pennington) is an English Actor and Comedian. Nick Bottom is a character in Shakespeare 's A Midsummer Night's Dream who provides Comic relief throughout the play and is famously known A mechanical is any of six characters in A Midsummer Night's Dream who perform the play-within-a-play Pyramus and Thisbe.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |