Regulator may refer to:
- Regulator (automatic control), a device which has the function of maintaining a designated characteristic
- Battery regulator, a device in a battery pack which bleeds off excess charge current to let all cells reach full charge without overcharging some cells
- Diving regulator, which provides a scuba diver with breathing gas at ambient pressure from a diving cylinder
- Gas pressure regulator, a device that is attached to propane, acetylene or butane cylinders to provide a workable low-pressure gas stream from which equipment can be safely operated
- Voltage regulator, in electronics
- The regulator of a number field in algebraic number theory (see Dirichlet's unit theorem); a quantity defined from the group of units. In Automatic control, a regulator is a device which has the function of maintaining a designated characteristic A battery regulator is a device in a Battery pack which bleeds off excess charge current to allow all cells or batteries in a string to be fully charged without overcharging A diving regulator is a Pressure regulator used in a Scuba set that supplies the diver with breathing gas A pressure regulator is a Valve that automatically cuts off the flow of a liquid or gas at a certain pressure A voltage regulator is an electrical regulator designed to automatically maintain a constant Voltage level In Algebraic number theory, Dirichlet 's unit theorem determines the rank of the Group of units in the ring O K After taking logarithms, it has the interpretation of the volume of a fundamental domain in the lattice of units in 'logarithmic space'
- The Regulator, the English name of the French Steampunk comic Le Régulateur as published in Heavy Metal
- Regulator, in physics, a construction used in regularization techniques—see regularization (physics)
- Regulator, in social science, an official responsible for control and supervision of an activity or area of public interest
- Regulator, in a steam locomotive, the lever and associated valve which controls the passage of steam from the boiler to the cylinders
- Regulator, a naval police officer in the United Kingdom, a member of the Royal Navy Regulating Branch
- Regulator, a precision pendulum clock used as a standard for regulating other timepieces or for timing astronomical observations
Regulators may refer to:-
- A regulatory agency, a body that establishes, monitors, reforms and enforces regulations. Heavy Metal is an American Science fiction and fantasy Comics Magazine, known primarily for its blend of dark fantasy/science In Physics, especially Quantum field theory, regularization is a method of dealing with infinite divergent and non-sensical expressions by introducing an auxiliary The social sciences comprise academic disciplines concerned with the study of the social life of human groups and individuals including Anthropology, Communication studies A listing of the components typically found on Steam locomotives Guide to steam locomotive components (The image is of a composite imaginary locomotive not all components The Royal Navy Police ( RNP) or Royal Naval Police, formerly known as the Royal Navy Regulating Branch, is the Military police branch of A pendulum clock is a Clock that uses a Pendulum, a swinging weight as its Timekeeping element See for example competition regulator and economic regulator
- Regulators Society, a secret society formed in 1853 at Norwich University, which has ties to theta Chi International Fraternity
- Regulate (song), a rap song by Warren G and Nate Dogg
- The Regulators, a novel written under Stephen King's pen name, Richard Bachman
- Participants in the Regulator-Moderator Conflict in western South Carolina, 1761-1769, who were eventually opposed by the Moderators
- Members of the Regulator movement, a small-scale rebellion in North Carolina during the 1760s
- Members of Shays' Rebellion in 1786, also known as Shaysites
- Bands of vigilantes calling themselves Regulators, who arose in Northern Illinois in the 1830s and 1840s, in response to the depredations of the Banditti of the Prairie
- Participants in the Regulator-Moderator War in East Texas in 1839-1844
- The Lincoln County Regulators, a posse formed during the Lincoln County War in the late 1870s; one of its members was Billy the Kid
A competition regulator is a Government agency, typically a statutory authority, sometimes called an economic regulator, which regulates and enforces Economic regulators are usually the agencies established by central government for the control of or intervention in the operation of markets according to public interest principles Norwich University (NU is a Private university located in Northfield, Vermont. "Regulate" is a 1994 song performed by Warren G and Nate Dogg. The Regulators is a novel by Stephen King under the Pseudonym Richard Bachman. The War of the Regulation (or the Regulator Movement was a North Carolina uprising lasting from approximately 1764 to 1771, where mostly lower class citizens The Shaysites, who called themselves Regulators, were the group of rebels that followed Daniel Shays and Luke Day during Shays' Rebellion in The Banditti of the Prairie or the Prairie Bandits, in the US The Lincoln County Regulators was a deputized Posse in Lincoln County New Mexico during the Lincoln County War, consisting of a dozen or so
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- A device that controls or limits something.
- A person or group that sets standards of practice, especially those established by law.
- An very accurate clock, used by clockmakers to measure the timekeeping of each newly made clock.
network: | |