Pepper may refer to:
The Piper genus, in the Piperaceae family, including:
The Capsicum genus, including:
The Pimenta genus of the Myrtaceae family, including:
- allspice (P. Piper, the pepper plants or pepper vines (a term used for certain Clematis in older times are an economically and ecologically Piperaceae is the Botanical name for a family of Flowering plants. Black pepper ( Piper nigrum) is a flowering Vine in the family Piperaceae, cultivated for its Fruit, which is usually dried Cubeb ( Piper cubeba) or tailed pepper, is a plant in Genus Piper, cultivated for its Fruit and Essential oil Long pepper ( Piper longum) sometimes called Javanese Long Pepper, Indian Long Pepper or Indonesian Long Pepper, is a flowering Capsicum is a Genus of Plants from the nightshade family ( Solanaceae) native to the Americas, where it was cultivated for thousands "Green pepper" redirects here For green peppercorns see Black pepper. The chili pepper, chilli pepper, or chili, is the fruit of the plants from the Genus Capsicum, which are members of the nightshade The Datil is an exceptionally hot Pepper, a variety of the species Capsicum chinense (syn Pimenta is a genus of the botanical family Myrtaceae. Well-known species include Allspice ( P The Myrtaceae or Myrtle family are a family of Dicotyledon Plants placed within the order Myrtales. In Biological classification, family ( Latin Allspice, also called Jamaica pepper,"Kurundu" Myrtle pepper, pimento, or newspice, is a Spice which is the dried unripe dioicia)
- West Indian bay tree (P. The West Indian Bay tree ( Pimenta racemosa, also Pimenta acris or Caryophyllus racemosus in old references also known as the Bay Rum tree racemosa)
- Pimenta haitiensis
- Pimenta jamaicensis
- Pimenta obscura, and several others. UserPolbot. --> Pimenta haitiensis is a species of Plant in the Myrtaceae family UserPolbot. --> Pimenta jamaicensis (also called Wild Pimento) is a species of Plant in the Myrtaceae UserPolbot. --> Pimenta obscura (also called Wild Pimento) is a species of Plant in the Myrtaceae
- Brazilian pepper, Schinus terebinthifolius, a tree producing "pink peppercorns. Brazilian Pepper ( Schinus terebinthifolius; also known as Aroeira, Florida holly, and Christmasberry) is a sprawling Shrub or "
- Sichuan pepper, Zanthoxylum piperitum
- Tasmannia or Mountain pepper, Tasmannia lanceolata
- Ukrainian Red Midget, Puniceus minimum, pusillus, a. Sichuan pepper (or Szechuan pepper) is the outer pod of the tiny Fruit of a number of species in the genus Zanthoxylum (most commonly Tasmannia is a Genus of woody Evergreen Flowering plants of the family Winteraceae. Ukrainian Red Midget ( puniceus minimum pusillus) also disputably referred to as ' Thai Hot ' is a small tree-like k. a. Ukrainian Mean Pepper or, disputably, Thai Hot
- Pepperwood, Zanthoxylum clava-herculis
- Pepper tree
- Melegueta pepper, Aframomum melegueta, a. Pepperwood may refer to Zanthoxylum clava-herculis, American Pepperwood Pseudowintera, New Zealand Pepperwood For the similarly-named Luso-Brazilian chili pepper see Malagueta pepper. k. a. Guinea pepper and alligator pepper
- Art Pepper, musician
- Barry Pepper, Canadian actor
- Claude Pepper, U. Art Pepper (b September 1 1925, Gardena California &ndash d June 15, 1982, Los Angeles California) born Arthur Barry Robert Pepper (born April 4, 1970) is a Golden Globe - Screen Actors Guild - and Emmy -nominated Canadian -born Claude Denson Pepper (September 8 1900 – May 30 1989 was an American politician of the Democratic Party, and a spokesman for liberalism and the elderly S. Congressman
- Pepper Keenan, Rock musician
- Wendy Pepper, fashion designer
- William Pepper, American physician
- William F. Pepper, American lawyer
- Julius Peppers, American NFL defensive end who plays for the Carolina Panthers
- Tom Pepper, a computer programmer best known for his collaboration with Justin Frankel on the invention of the Gnutella peer-to-peer system
- Sgt. Leann "Pepper" Anderson, the central character in the 1970s Police Woman TV series, played by Angie Dickinson
- Pepper Adams, an influential jazz Baritone Saxophonist
- Pepper (band), a reggae band originally from Hawaii
- "Pepper (song)", a 1996 song by the alternative rock band Butthole Surfers
- Red Hot Peppers, a 20s jazz band
- Chilli Willi and the Red Hot Peppers, a early 70s pub rock band
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, an American funk rock band
- Salt-n-Pepa, an 80s American Hip-Hop band. Pepper J Keenan, (born May 8, 1967) is the Vocalist and Rhythm guitarist for the Heavy metal band Corrosion of Conformity Wendy Pepper (born August 23 1964) is a Fashion designer who appeared on the first season of the Reality television show Project Runway William Pepper ( August 21, 1843 - July 28, 1898) American Physician, was born in Philadelphia. Dr William Pepper (born August 16, 1937) is a barrister in the United Kingdom and admitted to the bar in numerous jurisdictions in the United States Julius Frazier Peppers (born January 18, 1980 in Wilson North Carolina) is a professional American football player Tom Pepper (born August 25, 1975 in Des Moines, Iowa) is a computer programmer best known for his collaboration with Justin Frankel Police Woman was an American Television police Drama starring Angie Dickinson that ran from September 13, 1974 Pepper Adams (born Park Adams III on October 8, 1930 in Highland Park Michigan - died on September 10, 1986 in Brooklyn New Pepper is a rock band originally from Kailua-Kona Hawaii, but has since relocated to Southern California. " Pepper " is a song by American Alternative rock band Butthole Surfers. The Red Hot Peppers were a Jazz band from the 1920s starring Jelly Roll Morton. Chilli Willi and the Red Hot Peppers were one of the main British Pub Rock groups of the early '70s playing a laid-back mixture of rock & roll R&B country and folk Red Hot Chili Peppers are Salt-n-Pepa is a Grammy -Award Winning American hip hop group from Queens New York that came into the music scene in 1985 and went on to
- Sandra Denton, "Pepa" from the aforementioned hip hop band
- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, an album by the Beatles
Other Sandra "Pepa" Denton (born November 9, 1969 in Kingston, Jamaica) is a Jamaican American Rap / Hip-hop Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is the eighth studio album by the British rock band The Beatles. Dr Pepper is a soft drink marketed in North America, South America and Europe by Dr Pepper Snapple Group. The Newark Pepper was a Federal League Baseball club in Newark New Jersey in 1915 Pepper Ann is an Animated series created by Sue Rose and shown in the United States on ABC. Perets (Перець "pepper" is a Ukrainian satirical newspaper in the style of Krokodil. In Volleyball, pepper, usually used as a verb is a very popular warm-up drill generally involving two players Pepper is a common pre-game exercise in Baseball, where one player hits brisk ground balls and line drives to a group of fielders who are standing close by
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- A plant of the family Piperaceae.
- (uncountable) A spice prepared from the fermented, dried, unripe red berries of this plant.
- A fruit of the capsicum: red, green, yellow or white, hollow and containing seeds, and in very spicy and mild varieties.
- (baseball) A game used by baseball players to warm up where fielders standing close to a batter rapidly return the batted ball to be hit again
- (transitive) To add pepper to.
- (transitive) To strike with something made up of small particles.
- (transitive) To be covered with lots of (something made up of small things).
- (transitive) To add (something) at frequent intervals.
network: | |