The Mercedes D. IV was a 8-cylinder, liquid cooled inline aircraft engine built by Daimler and used on a small number of German aircraft during World War I. An aircraft engine is a Propulsion system for an Aircraft. Aircraft engines are almost always a type of lightweight Internal combustion engine. Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft ( Daimler Motor Company, DMG was a German Engine and later Automobile manufacturer in operation from 1890 World War I (abbreviated WWI; also known as the First World War, the Great War, and the War to End All The design was based around the pistons of the ubiquitous D.III 6-cylinder design and developed 162 kW (217 hp), making it a Class IV motor under the classification system then in use in Germany. The Mercedes DIII, or F1466 as it was known internally was a 6-cylinder liquid cooled inline Aircraft engine built by Daimler and used on a wide variety When the reliability of the engine proved disappointing, it was supplanted in production by the unrelated 6-cylinder Mercedes D.IVa. The Mercedes DIVa was a 6-cylinder water cooled inline engine developed in Germany for use in aircraft in 1917. Specifically, the long crankshaft used in extending the original straight-6 design to a straight-8 proved susceptible to breakage.
- Type: 8-cylinder water-cooled inline aircraft piston engine
- Bore: 140 mm (5. 5 in)
- Stroke: 160 mm (6. 3 in)
- Displacement: 19. 7 L (1,200 in³)
- Length: 1,990 mm (78 in)
- Width: 600 mm (24 in)
- Height: 1,040 mm (41 in)
- Dry weight: 365 kg (800 lb)
- Cooling system: Water-cooled
- Power output: 162 kW (217 hp) at 1,400 rpm
- Kroschel, Gunter and Helmust Stützer. The AEG CV was a prototype two-seat Biplane Reconnaissance aircraft of World War I. The AEG GIII was a German Biplane Bomber aircraft of World War I developed from the AEG G The AEG GIV was a Biplane Bomber aircraft used in the World War I by Germany. The AEG GV was a Biplane Bomber aircraft of World War I, a further refinement of the AEG G WikipediaWikiProject Aircraft. Please see WikipediaWikiProject Aircraft/page content for recommended layout WikipediaWikiProject Aircraft. Please see WikipediaWikiProject Aircraft/page content for recommended layout WikipediaWikiProject Aircraft. Please see WikipediaWikiProject Aircraft/page content for recommended layout WikipediaWikiProject Aircraft. Please see WikipediaWikiProject Aircraft/page content for recommended layout The Gotha GII series was a Heavy bomber used by the Luftstreitkräfte (Imperial German R-planes were large German Army Bombers in World War I. The R classification was short for " Riesenflugzeug " (giant Aircraft (1977) Die deutschen Militarflugzeuge 1910-1918 Wilhelmshaven: Lohse-Eissing Mittler.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |