The 1990s MTM logo.
MTM Enterprises was an independent production company established in 1969 by Mary Tyler Moore and her then-husband Grant Tinker to produce The Mary Tyler Moore Show for CBS. Year 1969 ( MCMLXIX) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (link will display full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Mary Tyler Moore (born December 29, 1936) is an Academy Award -nominated and seven-time Emmy Award -winning American actress Grant A Tinker (born January 11, 1925) is the former chairman and CEO of NBC from 1981 to 1986 co-founder of MTM Enterprises, and The Mary Tyler Moore Show is an American Television sitcom created by James L CBS Broadcasting Inc ( CBS) is an American radio and Television network. The name for the production company was drawn from Moore's initials. 
After being an independent production company for many years, MTM was sold in 1990 to TVS Entertainment plc, which was in turn acquired by Pat Robertson's International Family Entertainment in late 1992. Year 1990 ( MCMXC) was a Common year starting on Monday (link displays the 1990 Gregorian calendar) Television South ( TVS) was the broadcasting name associated with the ITV franchise holder in the south and south east of England between Marion Gordon "Pat" Robertson (born March 22 1930 is a controversial Televangelist from the United States. The International Family Entertainment Inc was founded and co-chaired Pat Robertson in 1990. Year 1992 ( MCMXCII) was a Leap year starting on Wednesday (link will display full 1992 Gregorian calendar) IFE along with MTM was sold to Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation in 1996. News Corporation (often abbreviated to News Corp) (,,) is one of the world's largest media conglomerate companies by Market capitalisation Year 1996 ( MCMXCVI) was a Leap year starting on Monday (link will display full 1996 Gregorian calendar) MTM ceased operations and was folded into 20th Century Fox Television on August 15, 1998 when The Family Channel became Fox Family. Twentieth Century Fox Television Inc (on-logo as 20th Century Fox Television) is the television production division of the 20th Century Fox movie studio a subsidiary Events 778 - The Battle of Roncevaux Pass, at which Roland is killed Year 1998 ( MCMXCVIII) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display full 1998 Gregorian calendar)
For many years MTM, with CBS, co-owned the CBS Studio Center in Studio City, California, where a majority of their programs were filmed and videotaped. CBS Studio Center is a television and film studio located in the Studio City district of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley. Studio City is a four-square-mile district in the San Fernando Valley region of the City of Los Angeles, California, United States.
MTM's productions included:
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show (1970-77), CBS
- The Bob Newhart Show (1972-78), CBS
- Paul Sand in Friends & Lovers (1974), CBS
- The Texas Wheelers (1974-75), ABC
- Rhoda (1974-78), CBS
- Doc (1975-76), CBS
- Phyllis (1975-77), CBS
- The Tony Randall Show (1976-78), CBS
- Lou Grant (1977-82), CBS
- The Betty White Show (1977-78), CBS
- The White Shadow (1978-81), CBS
- WKRP in Cincinnati (1978-82), CBS
- Paris (1979-80), CBS
- Six O'Clock Follies (1979), NBC
- The Last Resort (1979), CBS
- Hill Street Blues (1981-87), NBC
- Remington Steele (1982-87), NBC
- St. Elsewhere (1982-88), NBC
- Newhart (1982-90), CBS
- Capital News (1990), ABC
- Bay City Blues (1983), NBC
- The Duck Factory (1984), NBC
- Beverly Hills Buntz (1987-88), NBC
- The New WKRP in Cincinnati (1991-93), Syndicated
- The Pretender (1996-2000), NBC (NOTE: Only the first two seasons were produced by MTM, with Twentieth Century Fox Television assuming the series thereafter. The Mary Tyler Moore Show is an American Television sitcom created by James L The Bob Newhart Show is the name of two different Television series, both starring comedian Bob Newhart. The Texas Wheelers was an ABC Situation comedy television series that aired in 1974 and 1975 Rhoda is an American television sitcom starring Valerie Harper. Phyllis is an American television sitcom and the second spin-off of The Mary Tyler Moore Show (the first being The Tony Randall Show was an American television sitcom that debuted on September 23 1976 and ran on two networks until 1978 Lou Grant is an American television drama series starring Ed Asner as a newspaper editor The Betty White Show is a short lived American sitcom which aired on CBS during the 1977-78 season The White Shadow is an American drama television series that ran on the CBS network from November 27, 1978 to WKRP in Cincinnati ( 1978 &ndash 1982) is an American Situation comedy that featured the misadventures of the staff of a struggling Hill Street Blues is a serial Police drama that was first aired on NBC in 1981 and ran for 146 episodes on primetime into 1987 Remington Steele is an American television series produced by MTM Enterprises and first broadcast on the NBC network from 1982 St Elsewhere is a US Drama series that originally ran on NBC from October 26, 1982 to May 25, 1988. Newhart is a Television Situation comedy starring Comedian Bob Newhart and actress Mary Frann as an author and his Capital News is an American Television series in 1990 created by David Milch and Christian Williams. Bay City Blues is a short-lived Comedy-drama series that aired on NBC. The Duck Factory is a 1984 NBC television series produced by MTM Enterprises that is most notable for being Jim Carrey 's first lead role Beverly Hills Buntz was a short-lived spinoff from Hill Street Blues. The New WKRP in Cincinnati was a sequel/spin-off of the original CBS sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati. The Pretender is an American television series that aired on NBC for four seasons between 1996 and 2000 )
In addition to the above shows, MTM has distributed programs such as:
MTM programs appeared almost exclusively on CBS until the early 1980s, when Grant Tinker assumed the additional role of president of NBC. Steve Allen, born Stephen Valentine Patrick William Allen ( December 26 1921 – October 30 2000) was an American Graham Kerr (born January 22, 1934 in London) is a cooking personality who gained fame through his cooking show The Galloping Gourmet. Xuxa (ˈʃuʃɐ "shoo-shah" - Maria da Graça Xuxa Meneghel, March 27 1963 Santa Rosa, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil) is a Brazilian America's Funniest Home Videos (often simply abbreviated to AFV, previously AFHV) is an American reality Evening Shade is an American Comedy Television series which aired on CBS from 1990 to 1994 Rescue 911 was an informational reality -based Television series, hosted by William Shatner. Peter Gunn is an American private eye television series which aired on the NBC and later ABC Television networks Dr Quinn Medicine Woman is a multi- Emmy Award winning American, western / drama series created by Beth Sullivan. A Little Sex is a 1982 Comedy film starring Tim Matheson, Kate Capshaw, Edward Herrmann, John Glover, Just Between Friends is a 1986 Drama film about two women whose friendship is tested by tragedy Clara's Heart is a 1988 movie starring Kathleen Quinlan and Whoopi Goldberg. Soon, NBC picked up a number of MTM shows, and Tinker stepped down as head of MTM to avoid a conflict of interest. His intention was to leave NBC after 5 years (in 1986) and return to MTM, taking over the reins from interim MTM president Arthur Price. However, Price fired many of the key players in the company's ranks, and by 1986 they had few shows left on the schedules (Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere and Remington Steele were all nearing the ends of their runs, leaving Newhart as the sole entrant on the schedule). Hill Street Blues is a serial Police drama that was first aired on NBC in 1981 and ran for 146 episodes on primetime into 1987 St Elsewhere is a US Drama series that originally ran on NBC from October 26, 1982 to May 25, 1988. Remington Steele is an American television series produced by MTM Enterprises and first broadcast on the NBC network from 1982 Newhart is a Television Situation comedy starring Comedian Bob Newhart and actress Mary Frann as an author and his There was also a record label in the 1980s featuring the logo on the label. No major artists recorded for this label, although the artists did have a few minor hits on the country charts in the mid-1980s.
Mimsie the Cat
The company is also remembered for its mascot, Mimsie the Cat (1968-1988), who was an obvious parody of MGM's Leo the Lion. Leo the Lion is the mascot for the Hollywood film studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, featured in the studio's Production logo. Mimsie was in real life, Mary Tyler Moore's cat. In each MTM production, Mimsie (also known as "Dick Turpin" and "Dick Marino") would arrive in a different disguise as its closing logo, corresponding to the style and theme of a certain show. For example:
- Hill Street Blues: Mimsie wears a police cap. Hill Street Blues is a serial Police drama that was first aired on NBC in 1981 and ran for 146 episodes on primetime into 1987
- St. Elsewhere: Mimsie is seen in medical scrubs and a surgical mask. St Elsewhere is a US Drama series that originally ran on NBC from October 26, 1982 to May 25, 1988. On the show's final episode, Mimsie is in a hospital bed as the credits roll, and then when the credits end, she dies.
- The White Shadow: Mimsie is replaced by a calico cat dribbling a basketball. The White Shadow is an American drama television series that ran on the CBS network from November 27, 1978 to Tortoiseshell describes a coat coloring found in Cats Cats of this colour are mottled with patches of red and black There is a shorter version with the company name already there and the cat footage looped (and thus he is continually bouncing the ball). The other (seen only at the end of the series pilot) has the letters animating as usual and at the end, the ball falls off-screen and the cat appears to be looking down at it.
- Remington Steele: Mimsie dressed as Sherlock Holmes. Remington Steele is an American television series produced by MTM Enterprises and first broadcast on the NBC network from 1982 Sherlock Holmes is a famous fictional detective of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries who first appeared in Publication in 1887 The smoking pipe in Mimsie's mouth would drop when she meowed.
- The New WKRP in Cincinnati: The "meow" is replaced with Les Nessman exclaiming "oooooOOOOooooh!"
- The Bob Newhart Show: The 1972 Christmas episode features a wreath in place of the MTM ribbon. The New WKRP in Cincinnati was a sequel/spin-off of the original CBS sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati. The Bob Newhart Show is the name of two different Television series, both starring comedian Bob Newhart. A wreath is a ring made of Flowers leaves and sometimes Fruits that can be used as an ornament hanging on a wall or door or resting
- Newhart: The "meow" is voiced by Bob Newhart (although the kitten meows normally on the pilot episode). Newhart is a Television Situation comedy starring Comedian Bob Newhart and actress Mary Frann as an author and his George Robert "Bob" Newhart (born September 5, 1929) is an American stand-up comedian and Actor. In the last episode, instead of meowing, Mimsie yells "QUIET!" (which was the two Darryls' first and only word, spoken in the finale).
- Xuxa: Voice-over says "Ciao!"
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show: On episode #2, the meow is higher pitched. Xuxa (ˈʃuʃɐ "shoo-shah" - Maria da Graça Xuxa Meneghel, March 27 1963 Santa Rosa, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil) is a Brazilian The Mary Tyler Moore Show is an American Television sitcom created by James L At the end of episode #71, Mary appears saying "That's all folks!", parodying Porky Pig. Porky Pig is an animated cartoon character in the Warner Bros
- The Duck Factory: The singer of the closing song would ask "Where's the cat?", followed by Mimsie quacking. The Duck Factory is a 1984 NBC television series produced by MTM Enterprises that is most notable for being Jim Carrey 's first lead role
- Lou Grant, Paris, and Just Between Friends: There is a still picture of the logo. Just Between Friends is a 1986 Drama film about two women whose friendship is tested by tragedy The still picture is in the end credits of Just Between Friends.
- Phyllis: Same logo, but where others end as the end theme fades out or ends, the logo plays in a pause before the last note of the song. Phyllis is a character in Greek mythology. Daughter of Lycurgus, King of Thrace, she married Demophon, King of Athens
- Graham Kerr: Mimsie wears a chef's hat. Graham Kerr (born January 22, 1934 in London) is a cooking personality who gained fame through his cooking show The Galloping Gourmet.
- The Steve Allen Show: Mimsie wears Allen's glasses and lip-synchs Allen's "Schmock. The Steve Allen Show was an award-winning US television Variety show hosted by Steve Allen from June 1956 to June 1960 on NBC, and "
- The Texas Wheelers and Paul Sand in Friends and Lovers: Mimsie is a live cat photographed against a real landscape. The Texas Wheelers was an ABC Situation comedy television series that aired in 1974 and 1975 Landscape comprises the visible features of an area of land including physical elements such as Landforms living elements of flora and fauna abstract elements such as lighting
- A Little Sex: Mimsie is joined by a second cat. A Little Sex is a 1982 Comedy film starring Tim Matheson, Kate Capshaw, Edward Herrmann, John Glover, In this one, the cats are both animated and appear against a black background inside the circle.
- Bay City Blues: Mimsie wears a catcher's cap and mask. Bay City Blues is a short-lived Comedy-drama series that aired on NBC.
- MTM Home Video releases show Mimsie holding a remote control and, after meowing, stepping on the remote to "rewind" and meow a second time.
- Carlton Your Doorman: Instead of Mimsie, Carlton's cat is in the ribbon. Carlton Your Doorman was an Emmy-award winning animated television special starring the (previously unseen Doorman Carlton from the Sitcom Carlton (voiced by Lorenzo Music) can be heard saying "Say 'Meow!' C'mon, say 'Meow!'" When it doesn't, Carlton sneers "Oh, you naughty and damn old cat!"
- An MTM International variation was seen with an entirely still logo, the picture of Mimsie larger, and the text smaller (similar to the size of the MTM Home Video logo). Gerald David Music, better known as Lorenzo Music, ( 2 May 1937&ndash 4 August 2001) was an American Actor, Voice A sneer is a Scornful Facial expression characterized by a slight raising of one corner of the upper Lip. Dammit redirects here to see the Opeth album see Damnation (album. WikipediaManual of Style (spelling, articles should conform to one overall spelling style of English typically the one most linked to the article topic (if it is geographic
- Vampire: The MTM text is all in dark red, and Mimsie is nowhere to be seen.
- 25th Anniversary: The number "25" is seen in black on a white background, with a similarly colored "MTM" under that. Mimsie appears in the rounded part of the "5".
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |