Notable people who live in Brasília include:
Contributors to the foundation of Brasília
- Jose Bonifacio - First Brazilian chancellor to suggest the Idea of building a capital in the interior of Brazil, away from the chaotic life of its predecessor, Rio. Brasília (bɾaˈziliɐ is the Capital of Brazil. The city and its District are located in the Central-West region of the country along a Plateau
- Don Bosco - Priest
- Juscelino Kubitschek - President and Founder
- Oscar Niemeyer -Arquitect
- Lucio Costa - Urban Planner
- Darcy Ribeiro, anthropologist, founder. Saint John Bosco (born 'Giovanni Melchiorre Bosco' and known in English as Don Bosco ( August 16 1815 &ndash January 31 1888 Juscelino Kubitschek de Oliveira (JK ( September 12, 1902 – August 22, 1976) was a prominent Brazilian politician who was Oscar Ribeiro de Almeida Niemeyer Soares Filho (born December 15, 1907) is a Brazilian Architect who is considered one of the most important The University of Brasília (in Portuguese: Universidade de Brasília, known simply as UnB) is one of the largest and one of the most prestigious Darcy Ribeiro ( October 26, 1922 - February 17, 1997) was a famous Brazilian Anthropologist and politician.
- Anísio Teixeira, educator, founder.
- Oscar Niemeyer,architect, Pritzker Prize 1988, founder. Oscar Ribeiro de Almeida Niemeyer Soares Filho (born December 15, 1907) is a Brazilian Architect who is considered one of the most important
- Athos Bulcão, artist, founder. Athos Bulcão ( July 2 1918 &ndash July 31 2008) was a Brazilian painter and sculptor
- Cyro dos Anjos, writer. Cyro Versiani dos Anjos, journalist and writer was born in Montes Claros, state of Minas Gerais, in Brazil, on October 5, 1906.
- Cláudio Santoro, composer and violinist. Cláudio Franco de Sá Santoro ( Manaus, 23 November 1919 &ndash Brasília, 27 March 1989) was an internationally renowned
- Afonso Arinos de Melo Franco, diplomat and poet. Afonso Arinos was a Brazilian writer Works Os jagunços (1897 Pelo sertão (1898
- Nelson Pereira dos Santos, cineast. Nelson Pereira dos Santos (b 22 October 1928 in São Paulo) is a Brazilian movie director
- Roberto Saturnino Braga, engineer and politician.
- Roberto Aureliano Salmeron, nuclear physicist.
- Otto Richard Gottlieb, chemist, Nobel Prize in Chemistry nominee.
- Kaká, Football Player (current club A. Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite (hiˈkaɾdʊ C Milan)
- Lúcio, footballer (current club Bayern Munich)
- Amoroso, played for several years with AC Milan, and is back to play for Corinthians in the 2007 season
- Marílson Gomes dos Santos, professional athlete, winner of the New York City Marathon (2006)
- Hudson de Souza, middle distance runner
- Oscar Schmidt, Basketball Legend
- Tande, Volleyball Player
- Leila Barros, Volleyball player
- Leandro Macedo, Triathlon
- Mariana Ohata, Triathlon
- Tatiana Lemos, Swimmer
- Rebeca Gusmão, Swimmer
- Nelson Piquet, Racecar pilot. Lucimar Ferreira da Silva (born May 8, 1978 in Brasília) more commonly known as Lúcio, is a Brazilian football defender Márcio Amoroso dos Santos (born July 5, 1974 in Brasilia) is a Brazilian football player who currently plays for Aris Thessaloniki Associazione Calcio Milan, commonly referred to by the abbreviation Milan, is an Italian professional football club based in Milan, Lombardy Sport Club Corinthians Paulista is a Brazilian Sports club, based in São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil, most known for its football Marílson Gomes dos Santos (born August 8 1977 in Brasília) is a Brazilian long distance runner and winner of the 2006 New The New York City Marathon ( ING New York City Marathon for Sponsorship reasons is a major annual marathon (42 Year 2006 ( MMVI) was a Common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar. Hudson Santos de Souza (born February 25, 1977 in Brasilia) is a Brazilian middle distance runner who competes mostly over 1500 metres Oscar Daniel Bezerra Schmidt (born February 16, 1958 in Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil) is a retired Brazilian Basketball Alexandre Ramos Samuel, nickname Tande, (born March 20, 1970) is a Brazilian Volleyball player Leila Gomes de Barros (born September 30, 1971 in Brasília) is a Brazilian female Volleyball player who often played as opposite Leandro Corrieri de Macedo (born March 18, 1968 in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul) is an athlete from Brazil, who competes Mariana Ohata (born October 26, 1978 in Brasília) is an athlete from Brazil, who competes in Triathlon. Tatiana Lemos de Lima Barbosa (born December 10, 1978 in Brasília, Distrito Federal is a freestyle Swimmer from Brazil Rebeca Gusmão (born August 24, 1984 in Brasília, Distrito Federal is a freestyle Swimmer from Brazil, who won the Nelson Piquet Souto Maior (born August 17, 1952) more commonly known as Nelson Piquet, is a Brazilian former racing driver who was Formula Born in Rio de Janeiro, but lived in Brasília in his childhood and started his racing career
- Nelsinho Piquet, Racecar pilot
- Antonio de Affonseca, Space Engineer, European Space Agency
- Ana Paula Padrao - Journalist,
- Filipe Beiruti Monte Serrat- Architect and Designer at Quitanda Architects, a firm located in Brasilia. Rio de Janeiro ("River of January" ˈhiw dʒi ʒʌˈnejɾu in Brazilian Portuguese, /ˈriːoʊ di ʒəˈnɛroʊ/ in English is the second largest city of Brazil Brasília (bɾaˈziliɐ is the Capital of Brazil. The city and its District are located in the Central-West region of the country along a Plateau Nelson Ângelo Tamsma Piquet Souto Maior (born July 25 1985 in Heidelberg, Germany) also known as Nelson Piquet Junior or Nelsinho The European Space Agency ( ESA) established in 1975 is an intergovernmental organisation dedicated to the exploration of space, currently with 17 member Ana Paula Padrão ( Brasília, November 26, 1965) is a Brazilian journalist
- Cristovam Buarque - Renowned Brazilian Intellectual, former Dean of the University of Brasilia, Brazilian Congressman, former governor of the Federal District, candidate for the Brazilian presidential campaign of 2006, and current Brazilian Senator. Cristovam Ricardo Cavalcanti Buarque ( Recife, February 20, 1944) is a Brazilian politician and university professor member of Democratic
Artists Ney de Sousa Pereira, known as Ney Matogrosso, (born August 1, 1941, in Bela Vista, Mato Grosso do Sul) is a Brazilian Singer Cássia Rejane Eller ( December 10, 1962 - December 29, 2001) was a Brazilian Musician. Zélia Cristina Duncan, simply know as Zélia Duncan ( Niterói, October 28 de 1964 is a Brazilian singer Os Mutantes (uz muˈtɐ̃tʃis The Mutants are an influential Brazilian Psychedelic rock band that were linked with the Tropicália movement Raimundos is one band often categorized as Hardcore sometimes as Forrocore which plays brazilian Hardcore punk. Raimundos is one band often categorized as Hardcore sometimes as Forrocore which plays brazilian Hardcore punk. Renato Russo, born Renato Manfredini Jr ( March 27, 1960 - October 11, 1996) was the formal founder and leader of the Brazilian Legião Urbana is one of the most successful rock bands in Brazil 's history
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |