Information and communication technology spending in 2005
Information Technology (IT), as defined by the Information Technology Association of America (ITAA), is "the study, design, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware. The Information Technology Association of America ( ITAA) is a leading Industry trade group for Information technology companies The term information system (IS sometimes refers to a System of persons Data records and activities that process the data and Information in an organization " IT deals with the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit, and securely retrieve information. A computer is a Machine that manipulates data according to a list of instructions. Data conversion is the conversion of one form of computer data to another--the changing of Bits from being in one format to a different one usually for the purpose Computer data storage, often called storage or memory, refers to Computer components devices and recording media that retain digital Data security is the means of ensuring that Data is kept safe from corruption and that access to it is suitably controlled Data transmission is the transfer of Data from point-to-point often represented as an Electro-magnetic Signal over a physical point-to-point or point-to-multipoint Information retrieval ( IR) is the science of searching for documents for Information within documents and for metadata about documents as well as that
Today, the term information technology has ballooned to encompass many aspects of computing and technology, and the term is more recognizable than ever before. Computing is usually defined like the activity of using and developing Computer technology Computer hardware and software. Technology is a broad concept that deals with a Species ' usage and knowledge of Tools and Crafts and how it affects a species' ability to control and adapt The information technology umbrella can be quite large, covering many fields. IT professionals perform a variety of duties that range from installing applications to designing complex computer networks and information databases. This article is about people called professionals For the Movie, see The Professional or Leon. A few of the duties that IT professionals perform may include data management, networking, engineering computer hardware, database and software design, as well as the management and administration of entire systems. Data management comprises all the disciplines related to managing Data as a valuable resource Computer networking is the Engineering Discipline concerned with communication between Computer systems or devices Networking routers Computer engineering (or Computer Systems Engineering) encompasses broad areas of both Electrical engineering and Computer science. Software design is a process of problem-solving and planning for a Software solution Systems management refers to enterprise-wide administration of distributed computer systems. A system administrator, systems administrator, or sysadmin, is a person employed to maintain and operate a Computer system and/or network. When computer and communications technologies are combined, the result is information technology, or "infotech". Information Technology (IT) is a general term that describes any technology that helps to produce, manipulate, store, communicate, and/or disseminate information. Presumably, when speaking of Information Technology (IT) as a whole, it is noted that the use of computers and information are associated.
- AITech-Assinform is an Italian association of information & communication technology companies and an affiliate of Confindustria. Italy (Italia officially the Italian Republic, (Repubblica Italiana is located on the Italian Peninsula in Southern Europe, and on the two largest Confindustria is the Italian Employers' federation, founded in 1910
- The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) was founded in 1947 as the world's first scientific and educational computing society. The Association for Computing Machinery, or ACM, was founded in 1947 as the world's first scientific and educational Computing society Year 1947 ( MCMXLVII) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (link will display full 1947 calendar of the Gregorian calendar. 
- The Australian Computer Society (ACS) is an association for information & communications technology (ICT) professionals in Australia. The Australian Computer Society (ACS is an association for information and communications technology professionals For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Australia topics.
- The Australian Information Industry Association is the national organisation representing ICT companies in Australia. The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA is the peak body representing the Information and communications technology (ICT industry in Australia 
- The British Computer Society (BCS) is the largest UK-based professional body representing those working in IT. The British Computer Society ( BCS) is a professional body that represents those working in Information Technology. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK or Britain,is a Sovereign state located
- The Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS) is the largest professional body for computing in Canada. The Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS is the Information Technology professional society in Canada. Country to "Dominion of Canada" or "Canadian Federation" or anything else please read the Talk Page
- The Computer Manufacturers, Distributors, and Dealers Association of the Philippines (COMDDAP) is an association of leading information technology businesses in the Philippines. The Philippines ( Filipino: Pilipinas, officially known as the Republic of the Philippines (fil ''Republika ng Pilipinas'' RP
- The Computer Society of India (CSI) is the national body representing computer professionals in India. The Computer Society of India is the first and the largest body of Computer professionals in India. India, officially the Republic of India (भारत गणराज्य inc-Latn Bhārat Gaṇarājya; see also other Indian languages) is a country
- The Council of European Professional Informatics Societies (CEPIS) is a non-profit organisation that promotes high standards among informatics professionals across Europe. The Council of European Professional Informatics Societies ( CEPIS) is a non-profit organisation seeking to improve and promote high standards among Informatics Professionals in 
- The Information Technology Association of America (ITAA) is an industry trade group for most of the world's major ICT companies. The Information Technology Association of America ( ITAA) is a leading Industry trade group for Information technology companies An industry trade group, also known as a trade association, is an organization founded and funded by Businesses that operate in a specific Industry.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is an association of Indian IT companies. The National Association of Software and Services Companies ( NASSCOM) the Indian Chamber of commerce is a consortium that serves as an interface to the
- The Philippine Software Industry Association (PSIA) is an association of Philippine IT companies. Philippine Software Industry Association was first established in 1988.
- The Union of Information Technology Enterprises (UITE) of Armenia is Armenia's first and largest IT association. Armenia (Հայաստան transliterated: Hayastan,) officially the Republic of Armenia (Հայաստանի Հանրապետություն Hayastani 
- Adelman, C. Information and Communications Technology - or technologies ( ICT) is an umbrella term that includes all technologies for the manipulation and communication of Information Informative modelling is an interdisciplinary methodological approach linking Information technologies with architectural analysis and modelling (at various scales Information Technology Governance, IT Governance or ICT (Information & Communications Technology Governance is a subset discipline of Corporate Governance focused on Information Information technology management (or IT management) is a combination of two branches of study Information technology and Management. Knowledge Management System (KM System refers to a (generally IT based system for managing knowledge in organizations supporting creation capture storage Technical support (also tech support) is a range of services providing assistance with technology products such as mobile phones televisions Computers (2000). A Parallel Postsecondary Universe: The Certification System in Information Technology. Washington, D. C. : U. S. Department of Education.
- Allen, T. , and M. S. Morton, eds. 1994. Information Technology and the Corporation of the 1990s. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Shelly, Gary, Cashman, Thomas, Vermaat, Misty, and Walker, Tim. (1999). Discovering Computers 2000: Concepts for a Connected World. Cambridge, Massachusetts: Course Technology.
- Webster, Frank, and Robins, Kevin. (1986). Information Technology—A Luddite Analysis. Norwood, NJ: Ablex.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |