Indigo is a color between blue and violet. Indigo is the Color on the Electromagnetic spectrum between about 420 and 450 nm in Wavelength, placing it between Blue and violet
Indigo may also mean:
- Plants and animals
- Film and television
- Indigo, a 2003 film
- Indigo (actress), star in the Showtime series Weeds, and the seventh season of Buffy the Vampire Season
- Indigo, one of the Color Kids in the Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer movie, Rainbow Brite toy line and TV series
- Captain Indigo, a character in 1960s Supermarionation television series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. Indigo dye is Dye with a distinctive blue color (see Indigo) The chemical compound that constitutes the indigo dye is called indigotin Indigofera is a large genus of about 700 species of Flowering plants belonging to the family Fabaceae. The Indigo Bunting, Passerina cyanea, is a small Seed -eating Bird in the family Cardinalidae The Genus Drymarchon of Colubrid snakes includes the Indigo snakes and various other relatives including the Cribo snakes Indigo is a novel written by Alice Hoffman, published by Scholastic in 2002 Alice Hoffman (born March 16, 1952) is an American Novelist and young-adult and children's writer, best known for her Indigo is a novel written by Marina Warner, published by Simon & Schuster in 1992 (ISBN 0-671-70156-8 Marina Sarah Warner, CBE, FBA (born 9 November 1946, London, England) is a British writer Graham Joyce (born 1954 is an English writer of speculative fiction and the recipient of numerous awards for both his novels and short stories Indigo Books & Music Inc ( is a retail chain in Canada. It was created in 1996 and their first store called Indigo Books Music & More was opened in Burlington the Indigo is a Japanese band composed of on vocals and on composition and arrangement Indigo Girls are an American Folk rock duo consisting of Amy Ray and Emily Saliers. Moloko (məˈloʊkoʊ were an Anglo-Irish electronic / pop duo consisting of Róisín Murphy from Wicklow, Republic of Ireland Indigo was the third Album by British pop / jazz / soul / dance band Matt Bianco, released Matt Bianco is a UK band that was formed in 1983 and continues to exist to date Indigo (b Alyssa Ashley Nichols, 1984 in Los Angeles, California) is a black American television actress Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer is an Animated film released on November 15, 1985 by Warner Bros Captain Indigo (real name unspecified is one of the characters in the 1960s Supermarionation Television series Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons The 1960s decade refers to the years from the beginning of 1960 to the end of 1969 Supermarionation (a Blend of "super" "marionette" and "animation" is a puppetry technique devised in the 1960s by British production A television program (US television programme (UK or television show (U Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, often referred to as simply Captain Scarlet, is a Science fiction Television series produced
- Indigo (comics) is the name of a DC comic book character
- Fahrenheit (video game) is known as "Indigo Prophecy" in North America
- Shire of Indigo is a Local Government Area in Victoria, Australia. Indigo is a Superhero in DC Comics, who later transforms into a Supervillain. Fahrenheit (known as Indigo Prophecy in the United States and Canada) is a Video game that was released in September The Shire of Indigo is a Local Government Area in Victoria Australia. Local Government Area (abbreviated LGA) is a term used in Australia (and especially by the Australian Bureau of Statistics) to refer to areas controlled
- Indigo children, who are claimed to possess distinctive auras and psychic powers. In the New Age movement, Indigo children are children who are believed to represent a higher state of Human evolution.
- Information Technology
- In the UK, CODE INDIGO means a radio request for backup - usually shortened to INDIGO and then the location, for example INDIGO - CITY CENTRE. The Tata Indigo is a Subcompact car manufactured by Indian Automaker Tata Motors. The Ford Indigo is a Concept car developed by Ford for the 1996 Auto show circuit The Indigo 3000 was the only car manufactured by Jösse Cars before it folded The SGI Indigo, also known as the SGI IRIS Indigo, was a line of Computer workstations manufactured by SGI beginning in 1990 Windows Communication Foundation, or just WCF, is a programming framework used to build applications that inter-communicate Indigo Internet was established in 1995 as an Internet service provider, and was one of the largest ISPs in Ireland until it was later acquired by Indigo is the name given to a series of Digital Offset Printing Presses made by the Hewlett-Packard Company in Israel. Indigo is a freeware unbiased render engine capable of highly realistic renders Indigo Airlines is generally regarded as the world's first Business jet Airline.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |