"Got to Be Real" is a song by Cheryl Lynn from her self-titled album released in 1978. Cheryl Lynn (born Lynda Cheryl Smith, 11 March 1957, Los Angeles, California) is a Disco, R&B and soul The song, which was Lynn's debut single, was penned by David Paich, David Foster, and Lynn, and has since been called one of the defining moments in disco. David Paich (born David Frank Paich on June 25 1954 in Los Angeles California) is a session musician from the 1970s 1980s and 1990s keyboard David Walter Foster, OC, OBC, LLD (born November 1, 1949 in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada Disco is a Genre of dance-oriented music whose origins are hard to define For the recording, David Paich played keyboards and Ray Parker Jr. was the session guitarist. The song peaked at number twelve on the pop singles chart and number one on the R&B chart. Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, is a chart released weekly by Billboard in the United States. On September 19, 2005, "Got to Be Real" was inducted into the Dance Music Hall of Fame. Events 335 - Dalmatius is raised to the rank of Caesar by his uncle Constantine I. Year 2005 ( MMV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link displays full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. The Dance Music Hall of Fame was created in 2003 when music industry veteran John Parker ( Robbins Entertainment) thought that something needed to be done to honor This song was also heavily sampled for a remix of Beyonce's Irreplaceable, released in 2006. " Irreplaceable " is a song by American R&B singer Beyoncé Knowles.
The song was prominently featured in the 1990 documentary Paris Is Burning. Paris Is Burning is a 1990 Documentary film directed by Jennie Livingston. The song was also included as a playable song in the North American Home Version of Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA 2. Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA 2 is an arcade game in the Dance Dance Revolution series of Music video games It was produced by Konami In the 3rd episode of Will and Grace 'Head Case', Will sings this song in the bathroom while he shaves, to which Grace responds "We're just like fifty men and a mirrored ball away from being a gay disco". Will & Grace is a popular Emmy Award -winning American television sitcom that was originally broadcast on NBC from 1998 to 2006
- Father MC sampled the song for his song "I'll Do 4 U" on his 1990 album Father's Day. Father MC (born Timothy Brown was a popular African American Rapper for the Uptown Records label in the early 1990s
- Lisa Lougheed covered the song on her 1993 album Peace & Harmony. Peace & Harmony is the third Album by Canadian singer Lisa Lougheed.
- C+C Music Factory sampled this song in "Do You Wanna Get Funky" from the 1994 album Anything Goes!. For other David Cole's see David Cole (disambiguation C+C Music Factory was a dance music production group (led by Robert Clivillés and Anything Goes! is the second album by the US dancegroup C+C Music Factory.
- Mariah Carey and Patti LaBelle performed the song for a TV special honouring LaBelle in 1998. Patricia Louise Holte (born May 24 1944) best known as her stage name Patti Labelle, is an American R&B and soul
- Mary J. Blige and Will Smith covered the song for the soundtrack to the 2004 animated film Shark Tale. Mary Jane Blige (surname pronounced /blaɪʒ/) (born January 11, 1971) is an American Singer-songwriter, Rapper Shark Tale is a 2004 CGI comedy produced by DreamWorks Animation.
- Young Divas included a cover version on their second album New Attitude (album). Young Divas are a multi-platinum selling Australian Girl group currently consisting of Australian Idol Season 3 winner Kate DeAraugo New Attitude is the second album by the Young Divas and the first to feature Jessica Mauboy who replaced Ricki-Lee Coulter after she left to
- Dynamic Duo Sampled the song
- Nettai Tropical Jazz Big Band covered the song on their 2000 album My Favorite. Dynamic Duo (다이나믹 듀오 is a Korean hip hop duo made up of members Choiza and Gaeko (former members of the trio CBMass)
References " Le Freak " is a 1978 hit Disco song by Chic. It was the band's third single and first Billboard Hot 100 number-one song Chic ( pron. ˈʃiːk ("sheek" sometimes fully capitalized as CHIC is an American Disco and R&B band that was formed in 1976 Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, is a chart released weekly by Billboard in the United States. Listed here are Billboard magazine's number-one Rhythm and blues hits from 1942&ndash1959 Events 1066 - Harold Godwinson is crowned King of England. 1205 - Philip of Swabia becomes King Year 1979 ( MCMLXXIX) was a Common year starting on Monday (link displays the 1979 Gregorian calendar) " September " (sometimes called " Dancing in September " is a song written by Maurice White, Al McKay and Allee Willis, Earth Wind & Fire is an African - American Funk band led by Maurice White that achieved worldwide success in the 1970s These are the Billboard magazine R&B singles chart number one hits of 1979: See also 1979 in music, List of number-one R&B hits (United
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |