For the actress, see Jean Simmons
. Jean Merilyn Simmons OBE (born January 31 1929 is an Oscar -nominated English actress
For the rockabilly singer, see Jumpin' Gene Simmons
. Jumpin' Gene Simmons ( July 10 1933, Tupelo Mississippi - August 29 2006, Tupelo Mississippi) was an American
Gene Simmons during Comic-Con International
2007 in San Diego, California
. Comic-Con International San Diego, commonly known as Comic-Con or the San Diego Comic-Con, is an annual multigenre Fan convention founded as the Golden
|Birth name||Chaim Witz|
|Born||August 25, 1949 |
|Genre(s)||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Record producer, Actor, Entrepreneur, Marketer|
|Instrument(s)||Bass, Guitar, Vocals, Piano and Drums|
|Website||Official Gene Simmons Website|
Gene Simmons (born Chaim Witz on August 25, 1949) is an Israeli-born American hard rock bass guitarist and vocalist. Events 1248 - The Dutch city of Ommen receives city rights and fortification rights from Otto III the Year 1949 ( MCMXLIX) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Haifa (חֵיפָה; حَيْفَا) is the largest City in Northern Israel, and the third-largest city in the country with For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Israel topics. A music genre is a categorical and typological construct that identifies musical sounds as belonging to a particular category and type of music that can be distinguished from other Hard rock (also referred to as heavy rock) is a variation of Rock music which has its earliest roots in mid-1960s garage and Psychedelic rock A musician is a person who plays or writes Music. Musicians can be classified by their roles in creating or performing music An instrumentalist plays a A songwriter is someone who writes the Lyrics to songs the Musical composition (chords or Melody to songs or both In the Music industry, a record producer or music producer has many roles among them controlling the recording sessions coaching and guiding the musicians organizing An actor, actress, player or thespian (see terminology) is a person who Acts in a Dramatic production and who works An entrepreneur is a person who has possession over a company enterprise, or Venture, and assumes significant accountability for the inherent risks and the outcome In popular usage "marketing" is the promotion of products especially Advertising and Branding However in professional usage the term has a wider meaning of A musical instrument is a device constructed or modified for the purpose of making Music. The electric bass guitar (also called electric bass, or simply bass; ˈbeɪs as in "base" is a Stringed instrument played primarily with the The guitar is a Musical instrument with ancient roots that is used in a wide variety of musical styles The piano is a Musical instrument played by means of a keyboard that produces sound by striking steel strings with Felt covered hammers A drum kit (also drum set or trap set) is a collection of Drums Cymbals and sometimes other Percussion instruments such as cowbells Events Charles Wuorinen, aged 32 becomes the youngest composer ever to win the Pulitzer Prize for Music. Kiss (also typeset as KISS) is an American rock band formed in New York City in December 1972 Wicked Lester was a New York -based Rock and roll group The group was formed (as Rainbow in 1970 and its most notable early members were Bassist Events 1248 - The Dutch city of Ommen receives city rights and fortification rights from Otto III the Year 1949 ( MCMXLIX) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the Hard rock (also referred to as heavy rock) is a variation of Rock music which has its earliest roots in mid-1960s garage and Psychedelic rock The electric bass guitar (also called electric bass, or simply bass; ˈbeɪs as in "base" is a Stringed instrument played primarily with the He is best known as "The Demon", his blood-spitting, fire-breathing, and tongue-wagging persona in the hard rock band Kiss, an act he co-founded in the early 1970s. The tongue is the large bundle of Skeletal muscles on the floor of the Mouth that manipulates Food for chewing and swallowing (deglutition Kiss (also typeset as KISS) is an American rock band formed in New York City in December 1972 Simmons also contends that he has "never been high, drunk, or smoked in [his] life". 
Simmons was born in Haifa, Israel, and immigrated to New York City at the age of eight, with his mother Florence Klein—a Jewish Hungarian immigrant and the only member of her family to survive the Holocaust. Haifa (חֵיפָה; حَيْفَا) is the largest City in Northern Israel, and the third-largest city in the country with For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Israel topics. The City of New York PLEASE TAKE NOTE************ Hungary (Magyarország 'mɔɟɔrorsaːg) officially in English the Republic of Hungary ( Magyar Köztársaság, literally Magyar (Hungarian Republic The Holocaust (from the Greek el ''ὁλόκαυστον'' (el-Latn holókauston holos, "completely" and kaustos, "burnt" also known as His father Feri Witz, also Jewish, had abandoned his family years earlier. When Simmons was young, his mother's long absences while working two jobs in order to make ends meet left emotional scars which gave him a strong desire for wealth. After arriving in the U. S. , he took the name Eugene Klein (later Gene Klein), Klein being his mother's maiden name. In the late-1960s, he changed his name again, to Gene Simmons.
Simmons became involved with his first band, Lynx, then renamed The Missing Links, when he was a teenager. Eventually he disbanded The Missing Links to form the Long Island Sounds. While he played in these bands, he kept up odd jobs on the side to make more money, including making fanzines and buying used comic books. A fanzine (see also Zine) is a nonprofessional publication produced by fans of a particular cultural phenomenon (such as a literary or musical genre for the pleasure A comic book (often shortened to simply comic and sometimes called a comic paper or comic magazine) is a Magazine or Book of narrative Simmons then attended Sullivan County Community College in Loch Sheldrake, New York. Sullivan County Community College is a two-year public community college sponsored by the State University of New York SUNY and Sullivan County New York. Loch Sheldrake is a hamlet in the Town of Fallsburg New York in Sullivan County New York. New York ( is a state in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern regions of the United States and is the nation's third most populous He then joined a new band, Bullfrog Bheer, and the band made a demo, "Leeta"; this song was eventually released on the Kiss box set in demo form. A demo version or demo of a song (shortened from the word "demonstration" is one recorded for reference rather than for release A box set (sometimes referred to as a boxed set) is a compilation of various musical recordings Films Television programs or other collection
Simmons formed the rock band Wicked Lester in the early 1970s with Stanley Harvey Eisen (now known as Paul Stanley) and recorded one album, which was never released. Wicked Lester was a New York -based Rock and roll group The group was formed (as Rainbow in 1970 and its most notable early members were Bassist Stanley Harvey Eisen (born January 20, 1952, Queens New York) known by his stage name Paul Stanley, is an American Hard rock Dissatisfied with Wicked Lester's sound and look, Simmons and Stanley attempted to fire their band members; they were met with resistance, and they quit Wicked Lester, walking away from their record deal with Epic Records. Epic Records is an American Record label. It is owned and operated by Sony Music Entertainment. They decided to form the ultimate rock band, and started looking for a drummer. Simmons and Stanley found an ad placed by Peter Criscuola, who was playing clubs in Brooklyn at the time; they joined and started out as a trio. George Peter John Criscuola (born December 20, 1945) better known as Peter Criss, is an American Musician best known as Paul Frehley responded to an ad they put in the Village Voice for a lead guitar player, and soon joined them. Paul Daniel "Ace" Frehley (born April 27 1951 is an American Guitarist best known as an original member and lead guitarist for the rock Kiss released its self-titled debut album in February 1974. Kiss (also typeset as KISS) is an American rock band formed in New York City in December 1972 Stanley quickly took on the role of lead performer on stage, while Simmons became the driving force behind what became an extensive Kiss merchandising franchise. The rock band Kiss is known not only for its makeup (and its removal in the 80s pyrotechnic stage act and large success in the 1970's but also for its relentless licensing
In 1983, while Kiss's fame was waning, the members took off their trademark make-up and enjoyed a resurgence in popularity that continued into the 1990s. The 1990s collectively refers to the years between and including 1990 and 1999 The band hosted their own fan conventions throughout 1995, and fan feedback about the original Kiss members reunion influenced the highly successful 1996-1997 Alive Worldwide reunion tour. In 1998, the band released Psycho Circus, its first album in almost 20 years by the original line-up. Since then, the original line-up has once again dissolved, with Tommy Thayer replacing Ace Frehley on lead guitar and Eric Singer (who performed with Kiss from 1992 up through 1996) replacing Peter Criss on drums.
Film and television work
Simmons has been the creative force behind such television projects such as:
- My Dad the Rock Star, a cartoon by the Canadian animation company Nelvana, about the mild mannered son of a Gene Simmons-like rock star. My Dad the Rock Star is an Animated television series created by KISS member Gene Simmons, and produced by Canadian company Nelvana Country to "Dominion of Canada" or "Canadian Federation" or anything else please read the Talk Page British spellings. Thank you --> Nelvana Limited is a Canadian entertainment
- Mr. Romance, a show created and hosted by Simmons on the Oxygen cable television channel. Mr Romance was a 2005 US Tongue-in-cheek Reality television show which aired on Oxygen. History The privately held company Oxygen Media was founded in 1998 by Geraldine Laybourne, talk show host Oprah Winfrey and producers Marcy
- Rock School, a reality show in which Gene tries to make a rock band out of a group of children trained in classical music in the first season, and in the second, a group of kids from a 'tough' comprehensive school. For the documentary about an actual school of rock music see Rock School (film. A comprehensive school is a Secondary school and State school for children from the age of 11 to at least 16 that does not select children on the basis of academic Rock School was aired on Channel 4 in the UK, Channel Ten in Australia, TVNZ's TV2 in New Zealand, VH-1 in the United States and Latin America,Nelonen in Finland, TV4 in Sweden and Much Music in Canada.
- Gene Simmons Family Jewels, another reality show for A&E which debuted on August 7, 2006. Gene Simmons Family Jewels is an American Reality television series that premiered on A&E on August 7, 2006. A&E is a cable and Satellite television network with headquarters in Manhattan and offices in Stamford, Atlanta, Events 322 BC - Battle of Crannon between Athens and Macedon following the death of Alexander the Great. Year 2006 ( MMVI) was a Common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar. The premise is basically the same as The Osbournes, with cameras following Simmons and his family around to document their home life. The Osbournes was an Emmy Award -winning American Reality television program broadcast by MTV in the U It has been released on DVD in two editions.
- Simmons was a contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice in 2008. The Celebrity Apprentice (also known as The Apprentice 7) is the seventh installment of the United States version of the Reality television His charity was the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation and he was fired in the third episode, which aired on January 17, 2008. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation was founded in 1988 by Elizabeth Glaser, Susan DeLaurentis and Susie Zeegen Events 38 BC - Octavian marries Livia Drusilla. 1287 - King Alfonso III of Aragon invades Minorca 2008 ( MMVIII) is the current year in accordance with the Gregorian calendar, a Leap year that started on Tuesday of the Common
- Simmons co-starred with other bandmates in the 1978 TV movie Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park. Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park is a 1978 Television movie, starring American hard rock band Kiss.
- Simmons co-starred as evil electronics genius Dr. Charles Luther in the 1984 movie Runaway opposite Tom Selleck, Cynthia Rhodes and Kirstie Alley. Events The Walt Disney Company founds Touchstone Pictures to release movies with subject matter deemed inappropriate for the Disney name Runaway is a 1984 Science fiction Action film starring Tom Selleck, Gene Simmons and Cynthia Rhodes. Thomas William Selleck (born January 29 1945 in Detroit, Michigan) is an American Actor, Screenwriter and Cynthia Rhodes (born November 21, 1956) is an American Actress, Singer and Dancer. Kirsten Louise "Kirstie" Alley (born January 12 1951 is an American Actress known for her role in the TV show Cheers, in which
- Simmons had a small part in the 1986 horror film Trick or Treat, where he played a radio DJ named Nuke. Trick or Treat is a 1986 horror film by DeLaurentiis Entertainment Group, starring Marc Price (of “ Family Ties ” Tony Fields (Ozzy Osbourne also appeared in the film as a televangelist decrying the evils of heavy metal music. John Michael "Ozzy" Osbourne (born December 3 1948) is a British singer )
- Simmons played the part of a villainous drag queen named Velvet Von Ragner in the 1986 film "Never too Young to Die"
- Simmons also co-starred as the Islamic terrorist Malak Al Rahim in the 1987 Rutger Hauer movie Wanted: Dead or Alive. Rutger Oelsen Hauer (rʏtxər ulsən hʌuər born January 23, 1944) is a Golden Globe -winning Dutch Film Actor. Wanted Dead or Alive is a 1987 film directed by Gary Sherman and starring Rutger Hauer (in a rare outing as a hero as Nick Randall the descendant
- Simmons will appear with a the upcoming Japanese movie, Detroit Metal City, staring Kenichi Matsuyama (of the Death Note movies), and will make an appearance as the Demon God of Rock and Roll.
Television guest appearances
- Simmons and KISS made their first national talk-show appearance on the Mike Douglas Show on June 11, 1974, and Simmons was interviewed solo by Douglas. The Mike Douglas Show was an American daytime Television Talk show hosted by Mike Douglas that ran from 1961 to 1982 Events 1184 BC - Trojan War: Troy is sacked and burned according to the calculations of Eratosthenes. Year 1974 ( MCMLXXIV) was a Common year starting on Tuesday (link will display full calendar of the 1974 Gregorian calendar. Simmons came out in full makeup and sat down next to comedienne Totie Fields, who rolled her eyes at Gene's appearance. Totie Fields ( May 7, 1930 &ndash August 2, 1978) was an American comedian who was not afraid to poke fun at her own weight problems "Your audience looks appetizing," Simmons cracked, referring to himself as "evil incarnate". Cannibalism (from Spanish es ''caníbal'' in connection with cannibalism among the Antillean Caribs, also called anthropophagy (from Greek ἄνθρωπος "Wouldn't it be funny," Fields said, "if underneath all this (makeup) he was just a nice Jewish boy?" Simmons, who is indeed Jewish, replied, "You should only know. PLEASE TAKE NOTE************ " "I do," said Fields, "you can't hide the hook!", referring to Simmons' nose.  In a taped segment, Kiss played the song "Firehouse".
- Simmons and the rest of Kiss appeared in an episode of Action League Now as toy versions of themselves performing the song "Rock and Roll All Nite". Kiss (also typeset as KISS) is an American rock band formed in New York City in December 1972 Action League Now! is a Stop motion children's Television series that was originally part of All That and KaBlam!
- Simmons has appeared on three episodes of Family Guy as himself. Family Guy is an animated American television sitcom created by Seth MacFarlane that airs on Fox and regularly on other In one episode, Peter Griffin takes his wife Lois to a Kiss concert gala, and it is revealed that Simmons had a previous sexual relationship with Lois (known then as "Loose Lois") when he was still known as Chaim Witz (to which Peter proudly proclaims "My wife did Kiss!"). Peter Griffin is a Fictional character and the Protagonist of the animated television series Lois Griffin (née Pewterschmidt) is a Fictional character from the animated series Family Guy. In another episode, Simmons is shown starring with the other members of Kiss in a Christmas special called Kiss Saves Santa. "A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas" is the 16th episode of Season 3 of Family Guy, guest starring the members of Kiss ( Gene Simmons In yet another episode, Simmons performs oral sex (off-camera) on Lois while standing just inside the Griffin's garage, an exaggeration of his trademark tongue length (several feet long in the episode) and his highly sexual persona. "Don’t Make Me Over" is the fourth episode of season four of Family Guy. Oral sex refers to sexual activities involving the use of the Mouth, and may include use of the Tongue, Teeth, and Throat, in order
- Simmons voiced the Sea Monster in the episode "20,000 Patties Under the Sea" of the Nickelodeon animated series SpongeBob SquarePants. The fifth season of SpongeBob SquarePants premiered on April 13, 2007, with the episodes "Friend or Foe SpongeBob SquarePants is an American animated television series and Media franchise.
- Simmons voiced the character of Jessie in a 2003 episode of King of the Hill, entitled "Reborn to Be Wild. King of the Hill is an American animated series created by Mike Judge and Greg Daniels for the Fox Broadcasting Company "
- Simmons appeared on Ugly Betty in 2008 as himself (and Amanda's potential father). Ugly Betty is an American television Comedy-drama series starring America Ferrera in the title role along with Eric Mabius Amanda Tanen (née Sommers and referred to as Simmons) is a Fictional character in the American dramedy series Ugly Betty.
- Simmons has made guest appearances on TV shows such as Miami Vice, Mind of Mencia, Third Watch, American Idol, and others. Miami Vice is an American Television series produced by Michael Mann for NBC. Mind of Mencia is an American Television Comedy series on the cable channel Comedy Central. This article is about the television show For information about naval watches see Watch system. American Idol, with the full title American Idol The Search for a Superstar for the first season only is an American reality-competition
In 2007, he appeared alongside other celebrities, as well as regular people, in the music video for "Rockstar" by Nickelback. " Rockstar " is the fifth US single (although later re-released by the Canadian rock band Nickelback from their 2005 fifth studio album All the Right Nickelback is a Canadian rock band formed in Hanna Alberta by Chad Kroeger, Mike Kroeger, Ryan Peake and then-drummer
- Gene Simmons (1978)
- Sex Money Kiss (audiobook CD), 2003)
- Asshole (2004)
- Speaking in Tongues (spoken word CD, 2004)
- Gene Simmons "Monster" Box Set (TBD)
- KEEL - The 1980s albums The Right to Rock and The Final Frontier by the hard rock band fronted by Ron Keel
- Wendy O. Williams - Simmons produced her W. Gene Simmons is a 1978 solo Album from the bass player and singer of American Hard rock band Kiss. Asshole is the second solo album release by KISS member Gene Simmons. Keel was a Glam metal, heavy metal band founded in 1983 in Los Angeles. The Right to Rock is the second studio album by Heavy metal band Keel. This article is about the album For the Star Trek film see Star Trek V. Ron Keel (born 1961 is a Heavy metal Vocalist and Guitarist for a number of bands from from the 1980s to the modern day Wendy Orlean Williams ( May 28, 1949 &ndash April 6, 1998) better known as Wendy O O. W. album in 1984, and enlisted fellow Kiss members Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley, Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent to perform on it as well. Paul Charles Caravello ( July 12 1950 - November 24 1991) better known as Eric Carr, was an American musician best known as Vincent John Cusano (born August 6, 1952, in Bridgeport Connecticut) better known as Vinnie Vincent, is a guitarist and songwriter most
- Black 'n Blue - He produced their albums Nasty Nasty (1986) and In Heat (1988) featuring future Kiss guitarist Tommy Thayer. Black 'n Blue is a Glam metal band currently featuring singer Jaime St Nasty Nasty is Black 'N Blue 's third album It was produced by Kiss bassist Gene Simmons. In Heat is Black 'N Blue 's fourth album It was produced by Kiss bassist Gene Simmons. Tommy Thayer (born November 7, 1960 in Portland Oregon) is an American Musician and the current lead guitarist of the rock group
- EZO - A Japanese band which achieved fame in Japan as Flatbacker. was a Japanese heavy metal band originally formed and known as Flatbacker in Sapporo, Japan Simmons brought them to North American show business, changing their name to "EZO". He produced their first and self titled album as EZO, in 1988.
- Silent Rage - Produced Don't Touch Me There (1989) with Paul Sabu; released on Simmons' own Simmons Records. Paul Sabu (born January 2, 1960) has been credited with production/mixing on fourteen platinum and eleven gold records
- House of Lords - Executive producer of their 1990 CD Sahara; their self-titled debut and Sahara were released on Simmons Records. House of Lords is a Hard rock band from Los Angeles and is the final incarnation of Giuffria, managed by Gene Simmons History
- Doro Pesch - Her album Doro in 1991. Doro Pesch (full name Dorothee Pesch born 3 June, 1964, Düsseldorf, Germany) is a female vocalist formerly of the German heavy
In 2002, Simmons launched Gene Simmons' Tongue, a men's lifestyle magazine.  The magazine lasted five issues before being discontinued. 
Simmons, who has never been married, currently lives in Beverly Hills, California with longtime partner and former Playboy Playmate Shannon Tweed. California ( is a US state on the West Coast of the United States, along the Pacific Ocean. Shannon Lee Tweed (born 10 March 1957 is a Canadian actress and model They have two children: a son, Nicholas (born 22 January 1989), and a daughter, Sophie (born 7 July 1992). Nicholas Adams Tweed Simmons (born January 22, 1989 in Los Angeles California) is an American Actor, Musician, and Events 565 - Eutychius is deposed as Patriarch of Constantinople by John Scholasticus. Year 1989 ( MCMLXXXIX) was a Common year starting on Sunday (link displays 1989 Gregorian calendar) Gene Simmons Family Jewels is an American Reality television series that premiered on A&E on August 7, 2006. Events 1456 - A retrial verdict acquits Joan of Arc of heresy 25 years after her death Year 1992 ( MCMXCII) was a Leap year starting on Wednesday (link will display full 1992 Gregorian calendar) He has formerly lived in relationships with Cher and Diana Ross. Cher ( IPA: /ʃɛr/ born Cherilyn Sarkisian, May 20 1946 Diana Ross (born March 261944 is an American twelve-time Grammy and Oscar -nominated singer Record producer and actress whose musical repertoire 
Simmons speaks four languages – English, Hungarian, Hebrew and German – and is currently learning Japanese and Mandarin. English is a West Germanic language originating in England and is the First language for most people in the United Kingdom, the United States Hungarian ( magyar nyelv) is a Uralic language (more specifically a Ugric language) unrelated to most other languages in Europe. The German language (de ''Deutsch'') is a West Germanic language and one of the world's major languages. is a language spoken by over 130 million people in Japan and in Japanese emigrant communities 
A self-described liberal on social policy issues, Simmons has described himself as a supporter of the foreign policy of the George W. Bush administration. Liberalism in the United States is a broad political and philosophical mindset favoring individual Liberty, and opposing restrictions on liberty whether they come from Social policy relates to guidelines for the changing maintenance or creation of living conditions that are conducive to human welfare. See also Foreign policy of the United States During his campaign for election as President of the United States '''George W George Walker Bush ( born July 6 1946 is the forty-third and current President of the United States.  He supported the 2003 invasion of Iraq, writing on his website: "I'm ashamed to be surrounded by people calling themselves Liberal who are, in my opinion, spitting on the graves of brave American soldiers who gave their life to fight a war that wasn't theirs. The 2003 invasion of Iraq, from March 20 to May 1 2003 was spearheaded by the United States, backed by British forces and smaller contingents from Australia . . in a country they've never been to. . . simply to liberate the people therein".  In a follow-up, Simmons explained his position and wrote about his love and support for the United States: "I wasn't born here. But, I have a love for this country and its people that knows no bounds. I will forever be grateful to America for going into World War II, when it had nothing to gain, in a country that was far away. World War II, or the Second World War, (often abbreviated WWII) was a global military conflict which involved a majority of the world's nations, including . . and rescued my Mother from the Nazi German Concentration Camps. See also List of Nazi-German concentration camps, Extermination camp Prior to and during World War II, Nazi Germany under Hitler maintained She is alive and I am alive because of America. And, if you have a problem with America, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME". 
During the 2006 Lebanon War between Israel and Hezbollah, Simmons sent a televised message of support (in both English and Hebrew) to an Israeli soldier seriously wounded in fighting in Lebanon, calling him his "hero". Background See also Israel-Lebanon conflict The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO had engaged in cross-border attacks from Southern Lebanon For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Israel topics. Hezbollah (حزب الله, literally " party of God " is a Shi'a Islamic political and Paramilitary organisation English is a West Germanic language originating in England and is the First language for most people in the United Kingdom, the United States 
- In a February 4, 2002 interview on the NPR radio show Fresh Air with Terry Gross, Simmons said to Gross regarding his claim to have bedded more than a thousand women: "If you want to welcome me with open arms, I'm afraid you're also going to have to welcome me with open legs" (paraphrasing The Who's hit song "You Better You Bet"). Events 211 - Roman Emperor Septimius Severus dies leaving the Roman Empire in the hands of his two quarrelsome sons See also 2002 (disambiguation Year 2002 ( MMII) was a Common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar. Fresh Air is a Radio talk show hosted by Terry Gross, broadcast on National Public Radio stations across the United States Terry Gross (born 1951 is the host and co-executive producer of Fresh Air, an interview format Radio show produced by WHYY-FM in Philadelphia The Who are an English rock band formed in 1964. The primary lineup consisted of guitarist Pete Townshend " You Better You Bet " is a song written by Pete Townshend of The Who for their 1981 album Face Dances. To this Gross replied, "That's a really obnoxious thing to say. " Simmons refused to grant permission to NPR to make the interview available online on the station's website. However, the interview appears in print in Gross's book All I Did Was Ask (ISBN 1401300103), and some unauthorized transcripts are also available.  A part of the interview was re-broadcast on Fresh Air on Aug 31, 2007. 
- In a later Fresh Air interview, satirist Al Franken related to Terry Gross his own encounter with Gene Simmons. Alan Stuart "Al" Franken (born May 21 1951 is an Emmy Award –winning American Comedian, Writer, progressive According to Franken, he was awaiting a racquetball partner at a club when Simmons, whom Franken had not recognized, challenged him to a match, stating "I'll kick your ass," only to suffer an embarrassing loss to Franken. Simmons responded by calling for another match, and when Franken indicated that since his racquetball partner had arrived, he couldn't play Simmons again, Simmons responded by making loud "bock, bock, bock" chicken sounds. Franken then offered to play Simmons with $500 at stake, at which Simmons walked away.  Franken told Gross not to blame herself for her experience with Simmons, and that Simmons' behavior at the racquetball club made him "the most awful person I've ever met. "
- Simmons' tongue has always been an issue of both admiration and questioning. His unusually large tongue, however, is a natural trait (as he states in his autobiography), and not the effect of plastic surgery or any kind of transplant, as alluded to in several web sites.
- In 2004, during an interview in Melbourne, Australia, Simmons described Islam as a "vile culture" wherein women had fewer rights than dogs. Melbourne ( is the second most populous city in Australia, with a Metropolitan area population of approximately 3 For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Australia topics. For other meanings including people named 'Islam' see Islam (disambiguation. He described Islam as a threat, claiming that they wanted to leave the Middle East and supplant non-Muslims in other parts of the world by force. The Middle East is a Subcontinent with no clear boundaries often used as a synonym to Near East, in opposition to Far East. The Muslim community took offense, with Australian Muslim of the year Susan Carland asserting that Simmons' stereotyping of Muslims was inaccurate and that she never walked behind her husband as Simmons stated all Muslim women were required to do. He later said on his website that he was talking specifically about extremist Muslims. 
- In 2005, Simmons was sued by a former lover, Georgeann Walsh Ward, who alleged that she had been "defamed" in the VH1 documentary When Kiss Ruled the World, which she claimed portrayed her as an "unchaste woman" and implied that she had been merely a band groupie rather than a committed girlfriend of Simmons. VH1 (known as VH-1 Video Hits One from 1985 to 1994 and VH1 Music First until 2003) is an American Cable television A groupie is a person who seeks sexual and/or emotional Intimacy with a Celebrity. This allegation was not unusual, as Gene Simmons defines his very identity by the degree of his flagrant promiscuity. Ward insisted that she had been involved in an "exclusive monogamous relationship" with Simmons since before Kiss was formed.  The suit was settled as of June 29, 2006. Events 512 - A Solar eclipse is recorded by a monastic chronicler in Ireland. Year 2006 ( MMVI) was a Common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar. 
- Kiss and Make-Up, Gene Simmons (ISBN 0-609-81002-2)
- Sex Money Kiss, Gene Simmons (ISBN 1-893224-86-4)
- Kiss: The Early Years, Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley (ISBN 0-609-81028-6)
External links Events 211 - Roman Emperor Septimius Severus dies leaving the Roman Empire in the hands of his two quarrelsome sons See also 2002 (disambiguation Year 2002 ( MMII) was a Common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar. The Hour is a Canadian television Newsmagazine broadcast on CBC Television. George Mark Paul Stroumboulopoulos (born August 16, 1972 in Malton, Ontario) is a Canadian television and radio personality known
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |