Fried chicken with french fries
. French fries ( North American English; sometimes not capitalized chips ( British English) fries or French-fried potatoes (formal
Fried chicken (also referred to as Southern Fried chicken in the United States) is the meat of chicken which is dipped in a breading mixture and then deep fried, pan fried or pressure fried. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the Chicken is the Meat derived from the Chicken. It is the most common type of Poultry in the world and is frequently prepared as Food Breading is a dry Grain -derived coating for a piece of food such as meat vegetable poultry fish Shellfish, Crustacean, seitan, or Deep frying is a Cooking method in which food is submerged in hot oil or Fat. Frying is the Cooking of food in Oil or Fat, a technique that originated in ancient Egypt around 2500BC In Cooking, pressure frying is a variation on Pressure cooking where Meat and Cooking oil are brought to high temperatures while pressure is The breading seals in the juices but also absorbs the fat of the fryer, which may be seen as unhealthy. Breading is a dry Grain -derived coating for a piece of food such as meat vegetable poultry fish Shellfish, Crustacean, seitan, or The chicken itself may be chicken pieces on the bone with skin, or boneless and skinless pieces, usually breast meat, as in chicken fingers. Chicken Fingers (also called "chicken tenders" or "chicken strips" or "chicken toes") which first became popular around 1986 are a style of Fried chicken
It is most often made using a pressure frier, as this is the quickest and some would say, 'tastiest', method of preparation. The water inside the chicken becomes steam and escapes through the oil in a sealed chamber, increasing the pressure and lowering the cooking temperature needed. The steam also cooks the chicken through, but still allows the piece to be moist and soft inside the crispy batter.
Southern fried chicken is historically an African-American dish. African Americans or Black Americans are citizens or residents of the United States who have origins in any of the black populations of Africa The preparation of fowl using frying was relatively unknown among Europeans and the European setters of the United States, but was common in Western Africa. Most or all Birds collectively referred to as fowl belong to one of two orders namely the gamefowl or landfowl ( Galliformes) and the waterfowl Africans who were enslaved and brought to the Americas brought this method of food preparation with them.
- Chicken fingers - also known as chicken strips or chicken tenders, this is one of the most common forms of fried chicken, generally pieces of breast (sometimes with rib meat) cut into long strips, breaded or batter-dipped, and deep fried. Chicken Fingers (also called "chicken tenders" or "chicken strips" or "chicken toes") which first became popular around 1986 are a style of Fried chicken Chicken Fingers (also called "chicken tenders" or "chicken strips" or "chicken toes") which first became popular around 1986 are a style of Fried chicken In Vertebrate Anatomy, ribs ( Latin costae) are the long curved Bones which form the ribcage. Breading is a dry Grain -derived coating for a piece of food such as meat vegetable poultry fish Shellfish, Crustacean, seitan, or Batter is a liquid mixture usually based on one or more Flours combined with liquids such as Water, Milk or Beer. Deep frying is a Cooking method in which food is submerged in hot oil or Fat.
- Chicken nuggets
- Buffalo wings, or the boneless buffalo fingers. A Chicken nugget is either whole or composed from a paste of finely minced chicken and sometimes purposefully added chicken skin which is then coated in batter or Buffalo wings, chicken wings, hot wings or wings are Chicken wing sections (called Wings or "flats" and drummettes Eponymous to Buffalo, New York. Buffalo (ˈbʌfəloʊ is the second largest city in New York State.
- Popcorn chicken - occasionally known as chicken bites or other similar terms, small morsels of boneless chicken, battered and fried, resulting in little nuggets that resemble popcorn. Popcorn or popping corn is a type of corn which explodes from the kernel and puffs up when heated
- Chicken patties - breaded, fried patties of chicken meat used in sandwiches.
- Chicken Fries - chicken nuggets in the shape of french fries, popularized by the fast-food restaurants Burger King and KFC. Chicken fries are Chicken nuggets shaped like French fries. Some different brands of chicken fries include KFC, Canada – Introduced A Chicken nugget is either whole or composed from a paste of finely minced chicken and sometimes purposefully added chicken skin which is then coated in batter or French fries ( North American English; sometimes not capitalized chips ( British English) fries or French-fried potatoes (formal Fast food is the term given to food that can be prepared and served very quickly Burger King ( often abbreviated to Kentucky Fried Chicken, usually known as KFC, is a chain of Fast food restaurants based in Louisville Kentucky.
- Chicken Chipees - chicken meat chopped and shaped into chips coated with potato crumbs. The potato is a Starchy Tuberous crop Vegetable from the perennial Solanum tuberosum of the Solanaceae Popular in Australia
- Chicken Karaage
- Chicken Katsu - Panko breaded chicken one to two centimeters thick and sliced to bite sized pieces, served with cabbage. For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Australia topics. is Japanese-style fried meat most often soy-flavored Chicken. is a variety of Breadcrumb from Japanese cuisine and French cuisine used to create a crunchy coating for fried foods such as Tonkatsu A centimetre ( American spelling: centimeter, symbol cm) is a unit of Length in the Metric system, equal to one hundredth The cabbage ( Brassica oleracea var capitata) is a leafy garden plant of the Family Brassicaceae (or Cruciferae used as a A variant of tonkatsu, used in the Hawaiian plate lunch. Tonkatsu (豚カツ とんかつ or トンカツ pork cutlet invented in the late 19th century is a popular dish in Japan. Modern cuisine of Hawaii is a fusion of many cuisines brought by multi- Ethnic Immigrants to the islands, particularly of American, Chinese Plate Lunch ( Hawaiian: pa mea 'ai) is a Syncretic menu item that is part of local Cuisine of Hawaii.
- Country fried chicken - chicken meat that has been coated with flour or breaded, fried and served topped with country cream gravy. Chicken fried steak (also known as country fried steak) is a piece of Beef Steak (tenderized Cube steak) coated with seasoned flour and
- Dominican Pollo Frito - chicken meat is seasoned with adobo and vinegar, but fried without batter. See also Adobo sauce. Adobo is the Spanish word for Seasoning or Marinade.
A variant of fried chicken known as prawn paste chicken or shrimp paste chicken ("蝦醬雞", or "har cheong kai" in Cantonese) can be found in Hongkong-style restaurants in Singapore and Malaysia. Hong Kong ( officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is a territory located on China 's south coast on the Pearl River Delta, and borders Singapore For the biogeographical region see Malesia Malaysia (məˈleɪʒə or /məˈleɪziə/ is a country that consists of thirteen states and This variety is not dissimilar to the common deep-fried version, except that the breading mixture includes puréed shrimp and ginger juice, giving it a distinctive aroma and flavor. Purée and (more rarely mash are general terms for food usually Vegetables or Legumes that have been ground pressed and/or strained to the True shrimp are swimming decapod Crustaceans classified in the Infraorder Caridea, found widely around the world in both fresh Ginger is commonly used as a cooking spice throughout the world The origin of prawn paste chicken is unknown, but various sources name it as Macau or Shandong. For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Macau topics. ( is a coastal province of eastern People's Republic of China.
- ^ Doña Maria's Kitchen: Pollo Frito Dominicano. Austin Leslie ( July 2 1934 &ndash September 29 2005) was an internationally famous New Orleans Chef whose work defined Bojangles' Famous Chicken n' Biscuits is a regional chain of Fast food restaurants based in Charlotte North Carolina, specializing in spicy "Cajun" Chick-fil-A (pronounced) is a Restaurant chain headquartered in Atlanta Georgia, that specializes in chicken Entrees It is the second-biggest Church's Chicken is a US chain of Fast food Restaurants specializing in Fried chicken. Harold's Chicken Shack (also referred to as The Fried Chicken King, Harold's Chicken, or simply Harold's) is a chain of Fried chicken restaurants Kentucky Fried Chicken, usually known as KFC, is a chain of Fast food restaurants based in Louisville Kentucky. Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits (often referred to as Popeyes) is a chain of Fried chicken Fast food restaurants owned since 1993 by the Atlanta Roy Rogers Restaurants is a Northeastern United States chain of Fast food Restaurants founded by the Marriott Corporation in 1968 in Chicken fried steak (also known as country fried steak) is a piece of Beef Steak (tenderized Cube steak) coated with seasoned flour and Crispy fried chicken is a standard dish in the Cantonese cuisine of southern China. John T Edge is a food writer and commentator and the director of the Southern Foodways Alliance an institute of the Center for the Study of Southern Culture at the University
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |