A film producer creates the conditions for making movies. The producer initiates, coordinates, supervises and controls matters such as fundraising, hiring key personnel, and arranging for distributors. The producer is involved throughout all phases of the filmmaking process from development to completion of a project. Filmmaking is the process of making a Film, from an initial story idea or commission through scriptwriting shooting editing and finally distribution to an audience
In the first half of the 20th century, the producer also tended to wield ultimate creative control on a film project. With the demise of Hollywood's studio system in the 1950s, creative control began to shift into the hands of the director. The studio system was a means of film production and distribution dominant in Hollywood from the early 1920s through the early 1950s A film director, or filmmaker, is a person who directs the making of a Film.
Changes in movie distribution and marketing in the 1970s and '80s gave rise to the modern-day phenomenon of the Hollywood blockbuster, which tended to bring power back into the hands of the producer. A film distributor is an independent company a Subsidiary company or occasionally an individual which acts as the final agent between a film production company In popular usage "marketing" is the promotion of products especially Advertising and Branding However in professional usage the term has a wider meaning of This article refers to the theatrical slang term for other uses see Blockbuster (disambiguation. While marketing and advertising for films accentuates the role of the director, apart from a few well-known film makers it is usually the producer who has the greatest degree of control in the American film industry.
Traditionally, the producer is considered the chief of staff while the director is in charge of the line. This "staff and line" organization mirrors that of most large corporations and the military. Under this arrangement, the producer has overall control of the project and can terminate the director, but the director actually makes the film. The "line producer" is thus a producer who assists with day-to-day financial and production concerns "on the line" as the film is being made. A line producer is a key member of the production team for a Motion picture.
- Executive Producer: In major productions, usually a representative or CEO of the film studio, although the title may be given as an honorarium to a major investor. Motion Pictures An executive producer of a Motion picture is typically a producer who is sometimes involved in creative or technical aspects of production A chief executive officer ( CEO) or chief executive is typically the highest-ranking corporate officer ( executive) or administrator A movie studio (aka film studio) is in the established sense of the term a company that distributes films. Often oversees the financial, administrative, and creative aspects of production, though not technical aspects. In smaller companies or independent projects, may be synonymous with creator/writer.
- Producer: the "classic" definition of producer who typically has the greatest involvement and oversight among a film's various producers. In smaller companies or independent projects, may be the equivalent of the Executive Producer.
- Co-Producer: A producer who generally reports to the (Executive) Producer and is more involved in the day-to-day production. He or she is the provider of money to finance a project. In independent projects, the title connotes an involvement in the inception of the production.
- Associate Producer: Usually acts as a representative of the Producer, who may share financial, creative, or administrative responsibilities, delegated from that producer. Often, a title granted as a courtesy or to one who made a major financial or creative contribution to the production.
- Assistant Producer: Usually works under the direction of the Associate Producer.
- Production director: A representative of the film company assigned to the set and given the authority to act in behalf of the senior production team members.
- Line Producer: Oversees a film's budget and day-to-day activities
- Production supervisor : Usually performs managerial duties on one aspect of the production. A line producer is a key member of the production team for a Motion picture. Perceived as a "real producer. "
- Production Manager
- Administrative Producer: Reports to the Board of Directors. Theatrical production management is a sub-division of Stagecraft. Freelancers are employed by the Administrative Producer for specific tasks such as press and publicity activities, design, production management, etc.
Some notable film and television producers
- Austin Newman - Til' Death Do Us Part(film)2008, Acrimony(film)2007
- Charles (Chuck) Gordon - Field of Dreams, Waterworld, Die Hard, Die Hard II (film)
- J.J. Abrams - Lost, Cloverfield, Alias, Mission Impossible III (film), Star Trek XI (film)
- Moustapha Akkad - the Halloween film series
- Judd Apatow -The Cable Guy, Anchorman, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad, Freaks and Geeks
- Avi Arad, The Spider-Man film series, X-Men film series, Blade films. Field of Dreams is a 1989 American fantasy / Drama film, directed and adapted by Phil Alden Robinson from the novel Waterworld is a 1995 post-apocalyptic science fiction film The film stars Kevin Costner who also produced it Die Hard is an Academy Award nominated 1988 American Action film. Die Hard 2, promotionally known as Die Hard 2 Die Harder, is a 1990 Action film, and the first Sequel in the Jeffrey Jacob "JJ" Abrams (born in 1966 is an American Emmy Award -winning film and Television producer, writer actor composer director Lost is an Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning American serial drama television series. Cloverfield is a 2008 monster / Horror film directed by Matt Reeves, produced by J Alias is an American " Spy-fi " television series created by J Mission Impossible III (abbreviated MiIII) is the third 2006 Action film based on the spy-themed television series Mission Star Trek is a Science fiction film directed by J J Abrams and written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman. Moustapha Akkad (مصطفى العقاد ( July 1 1930 &ndash November 11, 2005) was a Syrian American Film producer Halloween is a 1978 American independent Horror film set in the fictional midwestern town of Haddonfield, Judd Apatow (born December 6, 1967) is an American Film producer, director, and Screenwriter. The Cable Guy is a 1996 black comedy film directed by Ben Stiller and starring Jim Carrey and Matthew Broderick. Anchorman The Legend of Ron Burgundy is a Comedy film which was released on July 9, 2004. The 40-Year-Old Virgin is a 2005 Comedy film written and directed by Judd Apatow and co-written by the film's lead Knocked Up is a 2007 American Comedy film, written co-produced and directed by Judd Apatow. Superbad is a 2007 American Comedy film directed by Greg Mottola and starring Jonah Hill and Michael Cera Freaks and Geeks is an American Television series, created by Paul Feig and produced by Judd Apatow, that aired on Avi Arad (אבי ארד is an Israeli American Businessman. He became the CEO of the company Toy Biz in the 1990s and Spider-Man is a Fictional character appearing in Comic books published by Marvel Comics. Spider-Man is a 2002 American Superhero film based on the fictional Marvel Comics character Spider-Man. The X-Men Film series consists of three Superhero films based on the fictional Marvel Comics team of the same name The Blade films are based on the fictional Marvel Comics character of the same name, portrayed by Wesley Snipes which begins Since the first Blade film, Avi Arad has produced every Marvel film
- Drew Barrymore - Never Been Kissed, Duplex, Music and Lyrics, Charlie's Angels film series. Blade is a 1998 vampire Action film starring Wesley Snipes and Stephen Dorff, loosely based on the published stories Marvel Studios is an American Television and Motion picture studio based in Beverly Hills California. Drew Blyth Barrymore (born February 22 1975 is an American actress and Film producer. Never Been Kissed is a 1999 comedy directed by Raja Gosnell and starring Scream 's Drew Barrymore and David Arquette Duplex is a 2003 dark Comedy film directed by Danny DeVito, and starring Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore. Music and Lyrics is a romantic comedy Film released by Warner Bros This article is about the original 2000 film For the 2003 sequel see Charlie's Angels Full Throttle Charlie's Angels is a 2000
- Lawrence Bender - Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, An Inconvenient Truth, Reservoir Dogs
- Albert R. Broccoli, Michael G. Wilson, and Barbara Broccoli - The James Bond series
- Mel Brooks - The Elephant Man (film), The Fly (1986 film), Frances, 84 Charing Cross Road
- Jerry Bruckheimer - Top Gun, Crimson Tide, The Rock, Con Air, National Treasure, Pirates of the Caribbean films
- Tim Burton - The Nightmare Before Christmas, Cabin Boy, James and the Giant Peach (film), 9 (2008 film)
- Ethan Coen - Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Barton Fink, Fargo (film), No Country for Old Men
- Tom Cruise - The Mission: Impossible films, Vanilla Sky, Narc, The Others, Minority Report, War Of The Worlds, The Last Samurai, Shattered Glass, etc. Lawrence Bender (born October 17) is an American Film producer. Kill Bill is the fourth film by Writer - director Quentin Tarantino. An Inconvenient Truth is an American Documentary film about Global warming, presented by former United States Vice President Reservoir Dogs is the 1992 debut Film of director and writer Quentin Tarantino. Albert Romolo Broccoli, CBE (Hon ( April 5 1909 &ndash June 27 1996) nicknamed "Cubby" was an American Michael Gregg Wilson OBE (born 1942) is producer and screenwriter of James Bond movies. Barbara Dana Broccoli OBE (born June 18, 1960 in Los Angeles, California) is the daughter of the famous James Bond producer James Bond 007 is a Fictional character created in 1953 by writer Ian Fleming, who featured him in twelve Novels and two Short story Mel Brooks (born Melvin Kaminsky; June 28, 1926) is an American director, Writer, Composer, Lyricist The Elephant Man is a 1980 Biopic loosely based on the story of the 19th century British deformed celebrity Joseph Merrick (called John The Fly is a 1986 Science fiction / Horror film produced by Brooksfilms and 20th Century Fox, directed by David Cronenberg Frances is a 1982 Universal Drama film starring Jessica Lange, Kim Stanley, Sam Shepard. For the article about the film adaptation of this book see 84 Charing Cross Road 84 Charing Cross Road is a 1970 book by Helene Jerome Leon Bruckheimer (born September 21, 1945) better known by his professional name Jerry Bruckheimer, is an American film Top Gun is a 1986 American Film directed by Tony Scott and produced by Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer in association with Crimson Tide is a 1995 Hollywood Submarine film starring Denzel Washington and Gene Hackman, produced by Don Simpson The Rock is a 1996 Academy Award -nominated Action film that primarily takes place on Alcatraz Island, and the San Francisco Bay Con Air is a 1997 American action / thriller Film by Touchstone Pictures that stars Nicolas Cage, National Treasure is the first movie in the National Treasure franchise and is a 2004 Adventure film from Walt Disney Pictures written Pirates of the Caribbean is a trilogy of Adventure films directed by Gore Verbinski, written by Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio and produced Timothy "Tim" William Burton (born August 25 1958 is an American Film director, Screenwriter and Set designer, notable for the quirky The Nightmare Before Christmas (also known as Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas) is a 1993 stop-motion Fantasy A Cabin boy or ship's boy is a Boy (in the sense of low-ranking male employee not always a minor who waits on the officers and passengers of a Ship, especially James and the Giant Peach is a 1996 Fantasy film directed by Henry Selick, based on the Roald Dahl book of the same name 9 is an upcoming animated feature-length adaptation of Shane Acker 's short film of the same name. Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, known together professionally as the Coen brothers, are four-time Academy Award winning American filmmakers Blood Simple is a 1985 Neo-noir Crime film. It was the directorial debut of Joel and Ethan Coen, and the first major film of Raising Arizona is a 1987 Coen Brothers Comedy film starring Nicolas Cage, Holly Hunter, William Forsythe Barton Fink is a 1991 Film by Joel and Ethan Coen. It tells the story of Barton Fink ( John Turturro) a young intense and rather awkward writer Fargo is a 1996 American Film produced directed and written by brothers Ethan and Joel Coen. No Country for Old Men is a 2007 crime [[thriller (genre| thriller film]] adapted for the screen and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen, starring Thomas Cruise Mapother IV ( born July 3 1962 better known by his screen name Tom Cruise, is an American Actor and Film producer The Mission Impossible feature films, based on the TV series of the same name, have spawned three films with a fourth one currently in pre-production Vanilla Sky is a 2001 American Psychological thriller Film, which has been variously characterized by published film critics as "an odd The War of the Worlds (1898 by H G Wells, is an early Science fiction Novel which describes an invasion of England by The Last Samurai is a 2003 Drama film / War film directed and co-produced by Edward Zwick, who also co-wrote the Screenplay based on Shattered Glass is a 2003 American Film about the fast rise and steep fall of Stephen Glass 's journalistic career at the The New
- Frank Daniel Czech writer, director, teacher, and producer most notable for developing the sequence paradigm of screenwriting. Frank (František Daniel ( 14 April 1926 – March 29, 1996) was a Film director, producer and Scriptwriter
- Dean Devlin - Independence Day, Godzilla, The Patriot
- Eric Eisner - produced Risky Business and Beetlejuice while at the Geffen Company; produced Hamlet 2 as head of L+E Productions. Dean Devlin (born August 27, 1962) is an American former actor and current Screenwriter and producer. Independence Day (also known by its promotional abbreviation ID4) is a 1996 Science fiction film about a hostile Alien invasion Godzilla is a 1998 American Science fiction film directed by Roland Emmerich and starring Matthew Broderick, The Patriot is a 2000 War film directed by Roland Emmerich, written by Robert Rodat, and starring Mel Gibson. Eric Eisner is the son of Disney magnate Michael Eisner and a producer. Risky Business is a 1983 Comedy film written by Paul Brickman in his directorial debut Beetlejuice is a 1988 comedy horror film directed by Tim Burton. Hamlet 2 is a Comedy film directed by Andy Fleming, written by Fleming and Pam Brady, and starring Steve Coogan, Catherine
- Nora Ephron - Michael, You've Got Mail, Bewitched
- Robert Evans - Love Story, The Godfather, Chinatown, The Saint
- Peter Fonda - Easy Rider
- Richard N. Gladstein - Finding Neverland, The Bourne Identity, Pulp Fiction, and The Cider House Rules. Nora Ephron (born May 19 1941) is an American Film director, producer, Screenwriter, Novelist, and Michael is the title of an American fantasy motion picture released in 1996. You've Got Mail is an American romantic comedy released in 1998 by Warner Brothers. Bewitched is a 2005 family comedy - fantasy produced by Columbia Pictures and inspired by the classic television series of Robert Evans (born Robert J Shapera June 29, 1930 in New York New York) is an American Film producer best known Love Story is a 1970 Romantic drama film written by Erich Segal coordinated with his 1970 best-selling novel. The Godfather is a 1972 Crime drama film based on the 1969 novel of the same name by Mario Puzo and directed Chinatown is a American Neo-noir film directed by Roman Polanski. The Saint is a 1997 film based on the character of Simon Templar created by Leslie Charteris in 1928 for a series of books published as "The Saint Peter Henry Fonda (born February 23[[ 940]] is an American actor Easy Rider, a 1969 American Road movie written by Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper and Terry Southern. Richard N Gladstein is a two-time Academy Award nominated Film producer based in Los Angeles Finding Neverland is a 2004 British / American semi- Biographical film directed by Marc Forster. The Bourne Identity is a 2002 Spy film loosely based on Robert Ludlum 's novel of the same name. The Cider House Rules is a 1999 Drama film directed by Lasse Hallström, based on The Cider House Rules, a 1985
- Brian Grazer - Splash, Parenthood, Apollo 13, The Grinch, A Beautiful Mind, The Da Vinci Code
- Matt Groening - The Simpsons, Futurama, The Simpsons Movie
- Howard Kazanjian - Raiders of the Lost Ark, Return of the Jedi, Demolition Man
- Yash Chopra and Aditya Chopra - Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Veer Zaara, Dhoom 2, etc. Brian Grazer (born July 12, 1951, in Los Angeles, California) is an Oscar and Emmy Award -winning American Splash is a 1984 Fantasy film and Romantic comedy film directed by Ron Howard and written by Lowell Ganz and Parenthood is a 1989 film starring Steve Martin, Dianne Wiest, Dennis Dugan, Mary Steenburgen, Jason Robards Dr Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (also known as The Grinch) is a 2000 Academy Award winning live-action film from A Beautiful Mind is a 2001 American Biographical film about John Forbes Nash, the Nobel Laureate in Economics. The Da Vinci Code is a 2006 Feature film, which is based on the bestselling 2003 novel The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown Matthew Abram Groening (ˈɡreɪnɪŋ GRAY-ning) (born February 15 1954 is an American Cartoonist, television producer and writer from Portland Futurama is an Emmy Award -winning animated American sitcom created by Matt Groening, and developed by Groening and The Simpsons Movie is a 2007 American animated Comedy film based on the animated television series The Simpsons Howard G Kazanjian (born 1942 is an American film producer and a published non-fiction Author. Raiders of the Lost Ark (also known as Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark) is a 1981 Adventure film directed by Steven Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi is a 1983 Space opera Film directed by Richard Marquand and written by George Lucas Yash Raj Chopra ( Hindi: यश चोपड़ा born 27 September 1932) is a writer director and producer of Bollywood movies in India Aditya Yash Chopra or commonly known as Aditya Chopra ( 21 May 1971) is an Indian Film director, Scriptwriter and producer Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (दिलवाले दुल्हनिया ले जाएँगे Urdu دلوالے دلہانیہ لے جائنگے also known Veer-Zaara ( Hindi: वीर-ज़ारा Urdu: ویر زارا) is a 2004 Indian Hindi film directed Dhoom 2 ( Hindi: धूम २ Urdu: ٢ ﺩﻬﻭﻡ Telugu: ధూమ్ 2 Tamil: தூம் 2 is a 2006
- Kathleen Kennedy - The Sixth Sense, Always, Munich, Jurassic Park I, III, and IV, . Kathleen Kennedy (b 5 June 1953 in Berkeley California) is a five-time Academy Award nominated American movie industry executive The Sixth Sense is a 1999 Psychological horror film written and directed by M Munich is a 2005 semi-fictionalized film about the Israeli government's secret retaliation after the 1972 Munich massacre of Israeli Olympic athletes Jurassic Park is a 1993 Science fiction film directed by Steven Spielberg and based on the novel of the same name by Michael
- Alexander Korda - Things to Come, The Four Feathers (1939), The Thief of Bagdad (1940)
- Gary Kurtz - the original Star Wars trilogy
- Mark Lamarr - Never Mind the Buzzcocks
- George Lucas - Star Wars & Indiana Jones anthologies. Sir Alexander Korda (September 16 1893 - January 23 1956 was a Hungarian-born Film director and producer. Things to Come ( 1936) is a British Science fiction film, produced by Alexander Korda and directed by William Cameron Menzies The Four Feathers is a 1902 Adventure novel by British writer A The Thief of Bagdad is a British 1940 fantasy film directed by Ludwig Berger, Michael Powell and Tim Whelan, with uncredited contributions by Gary Kurtz (born July 27 1940 in Los Angeles California) is a two time Academy Award nominated Film producer whose list of credits Star Wars is an epic Space opera franchise initially conceived by George Lucas during the 1970s and significantly expanded Mark Lamarr (born Mark Jones on 7 January 1967 in Swindon, Wiltshire) is an English Never Mind the Buzzcocks is a Comedy Panel game show with a pop and Rock music theme currently presented by Simon Amstell George Walton Lucas Jr (born May 14, 1944) is an Academy Award -winning American Film director, producer, Screenwriter Star Wars is an epic Space opera franchise initially conceived by George Lucas during the 1970s and significantly expanded Dr (also Col Henry Walton Jones Jr, better known as Indiana Jones or Indy after his pet dog is a fictional Adventurer, Soldier
- Branko Lustig - Schindler's List, Gladiator
- Eric Manes - Voices of Iraq
- Frank Marshall - The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, Back to the Future trilogy, Jurassic Park I to IV, The Sixth Sense. Branko Lustig (born June 10 1932 is a prominent Film producer. Schindler's List is a Biographical film directed by Steven Spielberg and written by Steven Zaillian. Gladiators (gladiatores "swordsmen" or "one who uses a sword" from la ''gladius'' "sword" were professional fighters in Ancient Rome who fought Eric Manes is a Writer and producer in the Film and Television industry Voices of Iraq is a ground breaking 2004 documentary about Iraq, created by distributing cameras to the subjects of a film thus enabling subjects Frank Wilson Marshall (born September 13, 1946) is a four-time Academy Award -nominated American movie producer and The Bourne Identity is a 2002 Spy film loosely based on Robert Ludlum 's novel of the same name. The Bourne Supremacy is the second Jason Bourne Novel written by Robert Ludlum, first published in 1986 The Bourne Ultimatum is a 2007 Spy film directed by Paul Greengrass and loosely based on the Robert Ludlum novel of the same name. The Back to the Future trilogy is a comedic Science fiction Film Trilogy written by Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis Jurassic Park is a 1993 Science fiction film directed by Steven Spielberg and based on the novel of the same name by Michael The Jurassic Park franchise is a series of Books, Films and Video games centering on a disastrous attempt to create a Theme park The Sixth Sense is a 1999 Psychological horror film written and directed by M
- Sandeep Marwah - producer of 1000 short films
- Rick McCallum - the Star Wars prequel trilogy
- Walter Mirisch - West Side Story, The Sound of Music
- Hayao Miyazaki - Whisper of the Heart
- Scott Mosier - Clerks,Mallrats,Chasing Amy
- Tyler Perry - Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Madea's Family Reunion
- Jon Peters
- Julia Phillips- The Sting, Taxi Driver, Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Hal Roach - the Our Gang series
- Scott Rudin - No Country for Old Men, School of Rock, The Royal Tenenbaums, Clueless
- Harry Saltzman - The James Bond series, Battle of Britain, The IPCRESS File
- Adam Sandler - The Waterboy, Big Daddy, Little Nicky, The Animal, Mr. Deeds, Eight Crazy Nights, The Hot Chick, Anger Management, 50 First Dates, The Longest Yard, Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, Click, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry. Sandeep Marwah is a well known stage film and Television personality Richard McCallum (born 1952 is a Film producer most famous for his work on the Star Wars Prequel trilogy and special editions as well as Star Wars is an epic Space opera franchise initially conceived by George Lucas during the 1970s and significantly expanded Star Wars is an epic Space opera franchise initially conceived by George Lucas during the 1970s and significantly expanded Walter Mortimer Mirisch (born November 8, 1921 in New York City, New York) is an American Academy Award -winning West Side Story is a 1961 film directed by Robert Wise and Jerome Robbins. Rodgers and Hammerstein 's The Sound of Music is a Musical film directed by Robert Wise and starring Julie Andrews in the lead role is a Whisper of the Heart, known in Japan as is a Japanese Manga series written and illustrated by Aoi Hiiragi. Scott A Mosier (born March 5, 1971) is a Film producer, editor, and cameo actor who has done work in Kevin Smith's View Askewniverse Clerks is a 1994 film written and directed by Kevin Smith, who also appears in the film in a minor role Mallrats is a 1995 film written and directed by Kevin Smith. It is the second to be set in Smith's " View Askewniverse " series Chasing Amy is a 1997 Romantic comedy - Drama written and directed by Kevin Smith about two Comic book artists Holden Tyler Perry (born September 13, 1969,is an American Playwright, Screenwriter, Actor and Director and Producer Diary of a Mad Black Woman is a romantic - dramedy film written by Tyler Perry, which was inspired by the play of the same name Madea's Family Reunion is a Film adaptation of the acclaimed stage production written by Tyler Perry and Sequel to For other uses see John Peters. Jon Pagano Peters (born on 2 June 1945 in Van Nuys California to Jack Peters Julia Phillips ( April 7 1944 – January 1 2002) was an Academy Award -winning Film producer and Author. The Sting is a 1973 Caper film set in September 1936 and revolving around a complicated plot by two professional grifters ( Paul Taxi Driver is a film directed by Martin Scorsese and written by Paul Schrader. Close Encounters of the Third Kind is a 1977 Science fiction film directed and written by Steven Spielberg. Harold Eugene "Hal" Roach Sr ( January 14, 1892 – November 2, 1992) was an American film and "The Little Rascals" redirects here For other uses see The Little Rascals (disambiguation. Scott Rudin (born July 14, 1958) is an Academy Award -winning American Film producer and a Tony Award -winning No Country for Old Men is a 2007 crime [[thriller (genre| thriller film]] adapted for the screen and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen, starring School of Rock is a 2003 American Comedy film from Paramount Pictures, starring Jack Black. The Royal Tenenbaums is a 2001 dramatic Dark comedy directed by Wes Anderson about three Gifted siblings who experience Clueless is a 1995 Comedy film based on Emma by Jane Austen and set in a Beverly Hills high school Harry Saltzman ( October 27 1915 - September 28 1994) was a theatre and Film producer best known for his mega-gamble which resulted James Bond 007 is a Fictional character created in 1953 by writer Ian Fleming, who featured him in twelve Novels and two Short story WikipediaWikiProject Aircraft. Please see WikipediaWikiProject Aircraft/page content for recommended layout The Ipcress File is a 1965 film adaptation of Len Deighton 's 1962 novel The IPCRESS File. Adam Richard Sandler (born September 9 1966 is an American Comedian, The Waterboy is a movie starring Adam Sandler, released in 1998 Big Daddy is a 1999 American Comedy film directed by Dennis Dugan and starring Adam Sandler. Little Nicky ( 2000) is a Comedy film written produced by and starring Adam Sandler. The Animal is a 2001 Comedy film, directed by Luke Greenfield. Mr Deeds is a 2002 Comedy film starring Adam Sandler and Winona Ryder, and is a remake of Mr Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights is a 2002 animated musical comedy movie with Adam Sandler about the magic of the The Hot Chick is a 2002 Comedy film starring Rob Schneider as the title character &mdash a Criminal who mysteriously switches bodies with Anger Management is a 2003 Comedy film which starred Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson, was directed by Peter Segal 50 First Dates is a 2004 Romantic comedy starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore and directed by Peter Segal. The Longest Yard can refer to ''The Longest Yard'' (1974 film, starring Burt Reynolds Mean Machine, a 2001 football Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo ( 2005) is the sequel to the 1999 film Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo. Click is an Academy Award-nominated 2006 comedy/drama / Science fiction / fantasy Film directed by Frank I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (aka Chuck and Larry) is a 2007 Comedy film directed by Dennis Dugan and starring
- David O. Selznick - King Kong, Gone with the Wind
- Run Run Shaw - Come Drink with Me, Five Deadly Venoms, The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Blade Runner
- Joel Silver - The Matrix series, Lethal Weapon series, Predator, Veronica Mars, V for Vendetta
- Sam Spiegel - The African Queen, Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia
- Steven Spielberg - The Goonies, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Poltergeist, Transformers (executive)
- Irving Thalberg - Mutiny on the Bounty, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Grand Hotel, A Night at the Opera
- Fran Walsh - The Lord of the Rings film trilogy, King Kong, The Lovely Bones (film), Halo (film)
- Hal B. Wallis - The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, Elvis Presley films
- Robert Watts - Return of the Jedi, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, You Only Live Twice
- Harvey Weinstein
- Ralph Winter - Star Trek V, Star Trek VI, X-Men, Fantastic Four, X2: X-Men United
- Andrew G. Vajna - Rambo series, Die Hard: With a Vengeance, and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. David O Selznick, born David Selznick ( May 10, 1902 &ndash June 22, 1965) was one of the iconic Hollywood producers King Kong is a landmark Black-and-white Adventure film about a gigantic Gorilla named " Kong " and how he is captured from Gone with the Wind is a 1939 American dramatic - romantic - War film adapted from Margaret Mitchell 's 1936 Sir Run Run Shaw CBE, GBM ( October 4, 1907) Come Drink with Me ( literally Big Drunken Hero) is a 1966 martial arts - action film directed by King Hu. Five Deadly Venoms ( Cantonese:五毒 Mm Dook) is a cult 1978 Hong Kong martial arts film directed by Chang Cheh, about The 36th Chamber of Shaolin (少林三十六房 Shào Lín sān shí liù fáng) also known as The Master Killer and Shaolin Master Killer Blade Runner is a 1982 American Science fiction Film, directed by Ridley Scott. Joel Silver (born July 14, 1952) is an American Hollywood Film producer and inventor of the sport of Ultimate. Lethal Weapon is a 1987 Action film, the first in a series of American Films that were released in 1987 1989 Predator is a 1987 science fiction, action and Horror film directed by John McTiernan, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger Veronica Mars is an American television series created by Rob Thomas. V for Vendetta is a 2006 action - thriller Film directed by James McTeigue and produced by Joel Silver For contemporary French actor Sam Spiegel see Sam Spiegel ( Sam Herve Spiegel) french actor Sam Spiegel ( 11 November 1901 – The African Queen is a Drama film directed by John Huston and produced by Sam Spiegel (billed as "S The Bridge on the River Kwai is a 1957 World War II film based on the novel The Bridge over the River Kwai by French writer Lawrence of Arabia is a 1962 Epic film based on the life of T Steven Allan Spielberg, KBE (Hon (born December 18 1946 is an American Film director, Screenwriter and producer. "Goonies" redirects here For other uses see Goonies (disambiguation. This article is about the 1982 film For the term "ET" which redirects here see ET. Poltergeist is the first and most successful Poltergeist Film, released on June 4, 1982 and nominated for three Transformers is a 2007 Live-action Film adaptation of the ''Transformers'' franchise, directed by Michael Bay and Irving Grant Thalberg ( May 30, 1899 – September 14, 1936) was an Academy Award -winning American Film producer Mutiny on the Bounty is a 1935 film starring Charles Laughton and Clark Gable based on the Charles Nordhoff and James Norman The 1923 film version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, starring Lon Chaney as Quasimodo and Patsy Ruth Miller as Esmeralda Grand Hotel is a 1932 MGM Pre-Code Art Deco Film that won the Best Picture Oscar. A Night at the Opera is a 1935 Comedy film starring Groucho Marx, Chico Marx, Harpo Marx, Kitty Carlisle, Frances Walsh, MNZM, (born January 10, 1959) is a Grammy and Academy Award -winning Screenwriter, Film producer The Lord of the Rings film trilogy consists of three Live action Fantasy Epic films The Fellowship of the Ring ( 2001 King Kong is a 2005 Remake of the 1933 film of the same name about a fictional giant ape called Kong. The Lovely Bones is a Film adaptation of the novel of the same name by Alice Sebold, intended for release between September and November 2009 Halo is a Science fiction Video game franchise created by Bungie and owned and published by Microsoft Game Studios. Hal B Wallis, CBE ( September 14, 1899 &ndash October 5, 1986) was an Academy Award -winning American The Maltese Falcon is a 1941 Warner Bros film written and directed by John Huston, based on the novel of the same name Casablanca ( is an American Romantic drama film directed by Michael Curtiz, starring Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman and Robert Watts is a British Film producer who is best known for his involvement with the Star Wars and Indiana Jones film series Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi is a 1983 Space opera Film directed by Richard Marquand and written by George Lucas Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is a 1984 period Adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is a 1989 Adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg from a story co-written by Executive producer You Only Live Twice (1967 is the fifth Spy film of the British James Bond series and stars Sean Connery as the Harvey Weinstein, CBE (Hon (born March 19, 1952) is an American Film producer and movie studio chairman Ralph Winter is a Hollywood Film producer who has produced blockbuster movies such as the X-Men and Fantastic Four Star Trek V The Final Frontier ( Paramount Pictures, 1989) is the fifth feature Film based on the Star Trek Science Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country is the sixth feature film based on the Star Trek Science fiction Television series. X-Men is a 2000 Superhero film based on the fictional Marvel Comics characters of the same name. Fantastic Four is a 2005 Superhero film based on the Marvel Comics comic Fantastic Four. X2 (also known in promotional materials as X2 X-Men United, X-Men 2 X-Men United, and X-Men 2) is a Andrew George Vajna (born Vajna András György on August 1, 1944 in Budapest, Hungary) is a film Producer who has done "RAMBO" can refer to RAMBO Brooklyn, a neighborhood in New York City Robust Associations of Massive Baryonic Objects, a theoretical Die Hard with a Vengeance is a 1995 Action film, and the second Sequel in the ''Die Hard'' series. Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines, commonly abbreviated as T3, is a 2003 Science fiction / action Film directed
- Saul Zaentz - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Amadeus, The English Patient
- Robert Zemeckis - The Frighteners, Matchstick Men, Monster House
- Darryl F. Zanuck - many Shirley Temple movies, The Grapes of Wrath, All About Eve, The Longest Day
- The Producer's Business Handbook by John J. Saul Zaentz (ˈzænts born February 28, 1921) is an American Film producer and former record company executive One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is a 1975 Comedy-drama film directed by Miloš Forman. Amadeus is a 1984 drama directed by Miloš Forman. Based on Peter Shaffer 's stage play Amadeus, the film The English Patient is a 1996 film adaptation of the novel by the same name by Michael Ondaatje. Robert Lee "Bob" Zemeckis (born May 14, 1952) is an Academy Award - and Golden Globe -winning American Film director, The Frighteners is a 1996 Comedy / Horror film directed by Peter Jackson about a Psychic Private detective who Monster House is an American 2006 computer animated horror film released on July 21, 2006. Darryl Francis Zanuck ( September 5, 1902 &ndash December 22, 1979) was an Academy Award -winning producer, Writer Shirley Jane Temple (born April 23, 1928) is an Academy Award -winning Actress and Tap dancer, most famous for being an iconic The Grapes of Wrath ( 1940) is a American Drama film directed by John Ford. All About Eve is a Drama film, written and directed by Joseph L The Longest Day is a 3-hour-long War film with a very large cast based on the 1959 history The Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan This is a list of Film production companies. The "Big Six" major film studios Fox Entertainment Group This is a list of Film -related topics National cinemas | glossary | Lists Producers Guild of America ( PGA) is a Trade organization representing television producers film producers and New Media producers in the United States The primary role of a television producer is to control all aspects of production ranging from show idea development and cast hiring to shoot supervision and fact-checking A film director, or filmmaker, is a person who directs the making of a Film. Filmmaking is the process of making a Film, from an initial story idea or commission through scriptwriting shooting editing and finally distribution to an audience Filmmaking is the process of making a Film, from an initial story idea or commission through scriptwriting shooting editing and finally distribution to an audience Lee, Jr. , Focal Press (2000)
- From Reel to Deal by Dov S-S Simens, Warner Books (2003)
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |