Dominican may refer to:
The Dominican Republic ( Spanish: República Dominicana;) is a nation located in the Caribbean region and shares the island of Hispaniola with The Commonwealth of Dominica, commonly known as Dominica, is an Island nation in the Caribbean Sea. The Order of Preachers ( Latin: Ordo Praedicatorum) after the 15th century more commonly known as the Dominican Order or Dominicans, is Dominican University ( DU) is a Coeducational comprehensive Catholic institution of Higher education and Research in For other colleges with the same name see Dominican College Dominican University of California is an independent university of There are several current and former institutions of higher learning named Dominican College. The Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology (often abbreviated DSPT) is a Roman Catholic college seminary and graduate school in Berkeley,
- a citizen of or something pertaining to the Dominican Republic, a country on Hispaniola in the Greater Antilles (stressed on the second syllable, pronounced /də'mɪnəkən/)
- a citizen of or something pertaining to Dominica, an island nation in the Lesser Antilles (stressed as on the third syllable, pronounced /domə'ni:kən/, third syllable rhyming with "seek")
- Dominican Order, a Catholic religious order
- Dominican University (Illinois), River Forest, Illinois, United States
- Dominican University of California, San Rafael, California, United States
- Dominican College, numerous colleges throughout the world
- Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology, Berkeley, California, United States
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- (proper noun) A person from Dominica or of its descent.
- (proper noun) A person from the Dominican Republic or of its descent.
- (proper noun) A member of the religious order founded by St. Dominic.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Dominica, or its people.
- Of, from, or pertaining to the Dominican Republic, or its people.
- Of or belonging to the Dominican religious order.
network: | |