Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (born September 15, 1942) is a professional writer. Events 668 - Eastern Roman Emperor Constans II is assassinated in his bath at Syracuse Italy. Year 1942 ( MCMXLII) was a Common year starting on Thursday (the link will display the full 1942 calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Writing for over 35 years, Yarbro has worked in a wide variety of genres, from science fiction to westerns, from young adult adventure to historical horror. Horror fiction is broadly Fiction in any medium intended to scare unsettle or horrify the audience She is the author of over 70 novels and numerous short stories. She is probably best known for her series of historical horror novels about the vampire Count Saint-Germain. The Count Saint-Germain is a fictional character from a series of novels written by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro. She also has published numerous volumes in a popular series of Channeled wisdom from the entity Michael in the Messages from Michael series
On average, Yarbro writes three to four books a year, and one or two short stories and/or essays. Wisdom is a concept of personal gaining of Knowledge, Understanding, Experience, discretion and intuitive understanding, along with a capacity She writes six hours per day, six days per week except when traveling. Five days a week she spends three to four hours doing research.
- Quinn Fawcett with her writing projects with Bill Fawcett
- Trystam Kith [2-volume nasty vampires]
- Terry Nelson Bonner [vol. Quinn Fawcett is the penname of a pair of authors Chelsea Quinn Yarbro and Bill Fawcett, who also write separately Bill Fawcett (born 1947 is a mystery and science-fiction author and editor writing under both his own name and the shared pseudonym of Quinn Fawcett. 5 in The Making of Australia series]
- T. C. F. Hopkins [non-fiction history]
- Vanessa Pryor [romance; 1 title "Taste of Wine"]
She was born in Berkeley, California. Berkeley is a city on the east shore of San Francisco Bay in Northern California, in the United States. She attended Berkeley schools through high school followed by three years at San Francisco State College (now University). San Francisco State University (informally referred to as San Francisco State, SF State, State and SFSU) is a public University
In November 1969 she married Donald Simpson and divorced in February 1982. She has no children.
Aside from writing, she has worked as a cartographer, has read tarot cards and palms, and has composed music, all of which she continues to do. The tarot (also known as tarocchi, tarock or similar names is typically a set of seventy-eight cards comprised of twenty-one trump cards, one Over the years she has studied seven different instruments, voice, and musical theory: composition, voice, and piano have continued to be active interests for her. The newsletter, Yclept Yarbro, about her and her writings has been published since 1995 by Lindig Hall Harris. There is also a Yahoo group to discuss her works.
The Michael novels
- Messages from Michael on the nature of the evolution of the human soul, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, 1979, ISBN 0-872235-26-2
- More Messages from Michael, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, March 1986, ISBN 0-425-08662-3
- Michael for the Millennium, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, ISBN 0-425-15074-7
- Michael's People, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, July 1988, ISBN 0-425-10932-1
The Saint-Germain novels
- Hôtel Transylvania (1978) is coincident with the historical Count Saint-Germain, set in the France of Louis XV, and involves his interaction with a cult of Satan-worshippers who threaten various men and women of his acquaintance. The Count of St Germain ( fl 1710–1784 has been variously described as a Courtier, Adventurer, Charlatan, Inventor, Louis XV (15 February 1710 &ndash 10 May 1774 ruled as King of France and of Navarre from 1 September 1715 until his death in 1774 Theistic Satanism also known as Traditional Satanism, is the belief that Satan is an actual Deity or force worthy of reverence or worship
- The Palace (1978) is set in Florence in the time of Lorenzo de Medici and Botticelli, who appear as characters. Florence ( Italian: Firenze Florentia and Fiorenza) is the Capital City of the Italian region of Tuscany Lorenzo de' Medici (January 1 1449 &ndash 9 April 1492 was an Italian statesman and de facto ruler of the Florentine Republic during the Italian Renaissance
- Blood Games (1980) is set in Nero's Rome.
- Ariosto (1980) is a Romance for an alternate Renaissance. A romance novel is a literary Genre developed in Western culture, mainly in English-speaking countries The Renaissance (from French Renaissance, meaning "rebirth" Italian: Rinascimento, from re- "again" and nascere
- Path of the Eclipse (1981) involves St. Germain's escape from Genghis Khan through Tibet and India. Genghis Khan ( or;, Chinggis Khaan, ʧiŋgɪs χaːŋ Činggis Qaɣan; 1162–1227 born (meaning "ironworker" was the Mongol founder Definitions of Tibet See also Definitions of Tibet Name In English The English word Tibet, like the word for Tibet in most European India, officially the Republic of India (भारत गणराज्य inc-Latn Bhārat Gaṇarājya; see also other Indian languages) is a country
- Tempting Fate (1982) is set in Europe after World War I and chronicles the rise of the Nazi party in Germany. World War I (abbreviated WWI; also known as the First World War, the Great War, and the War to End All Nazism, which was a short name for National Socialism (Nationalsozialismus refers primarily to the Ideology and practices of the National Socialist German
- The Saint-Germain Chronicles (a short story collection) (1983) In five stories set in the 19th and 20th century, St. Germain explores various parts of his life. The final story, "Cabin 33", is the latest story in the canon, set at a dude ranch in the American West owned by St. The Western United States &mdashcommonly referred to as the American West or simply the West &mdashtraditionally refers to the region comprising the westernmost Germain and Roger, and concludes with St. Germain and de Montalia deciding to see if they can break with vampire tradition and live together as husband and wife.
- Out of the House of Life (1990) principally concerns the adventures of de Montalia on an 1810 archaeological expedition to Egypt, punctuated with long letters from St. Archaeology, archeology, or archæology (from Greek grc ἀρχαιολογία archaiologia – grc ἀρχαῖος archaīos Germain which contain information she uses to find artifacts left behind from his "life" there. However, St. Germain only appears as a character directly for a short period at the end of the novel.
- Darker Jewels (1993) is set in the Russia of Ivan the Terrible.
- Better In The Dark (1993) is set in Germany in the 10th century.
- Mansions of Darkness (1996) features St. Germain in Spanish America in the 17th century.
- Writ in Blood (1997) features St. Germain as a secret agent of Russian Tsar Nicholas II, attempting to patch the ties of blood between the European royal families and prevent the outbreak of World War I. Tsar csar and tzar redirect here For other uses see Tsar (disambiguation. A royal family is the extended family of a monarch. Generally the head of a royal family is a king or queen regnant World War I (abbreviated WWI; also known as the First World War, the Great War, and the War to End All
- Blood Roses (1998) is set at various locations in France during the Plague years. The Black Death, or the Black Plague, was one of the deadliest Pandemics in human history widely thought to have been caused by a bacterium named Yersinia
- Communion Blood (1999) is set in Rome in the late 17th century.
- Come Twilight (2000) is set in Moorish Spain.
- A Feast in Exile (2001) is set in India at the time of Tamurlane's invasion. Timur also written Emir Timur or Amir Temur ( Chagatai: تیمور - Tēmōr " Iron " (1336 – 19 February 1405 among
- Night Blooming (2002) is set in the Frankish kingdom of Charlemagne. Charlemagne (ˈʃɑrlɨmeɪn Carolus Magnus or Karolus Magnus meaning Charles the Great) (747 – 28 January 814 was King of the Franks from 768 to his
- Midnight Harvest (2003) features St. Germain's visit to the United States following the events of Tempting Fate. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the
- Dark of the Sun (2004) is set in China in the 6th century.
- States of Grace (2005) is set in Western Europe in the 1530s.
- Roman Dusk (2006) is set during second century BCE Rome of Heliogabalus
- Borne in Blood (2007) is set in Switzerland in the 1810s
- A Dangerous Climate (scheduled 2008) is set in 18th century Russia
- Burning Shadows (scheduled 2009) is set in 5th century Hungary and Romania
The Atta Olivia Clemens novels
- A Flame in Byzantium (1987)
- Crusader's Torch (1988)
- A Candle for D'Artagnan (1989)
The Madelaine de Montalia novels
- Out of the House of Life (1990)
- In the Face of Death (2004)
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |