Charity may refer to:
- Charity (play), a play by W. Etymology The word "charity" entered the English language through the Old French word " charité " which was derived from the The definition of charitable organization, and of charity varies according to the country and in some instances the region of the country in which the charitable organization operates 501(c is a provision of the United States Internal Revenue Code ( listing 28 types of Non-profit organizations exempt from some federal A non-profit organization ( abbreviated "NPO" also "not-for-profit" is a legally constituted Organization whose objective is to support or engage Private foundations are legal entities set up by an individual a family or a group of individuals for a purpose such as Philanthropy. In Christian Theology charity, or love ( Agapē) means an unlimited loving-kindness toward all others This is a list of people and characters named Charity: Charity Brown, a film actress and singer Charity Churchmouse, a fictional mouse Charity was a Racehorse who won the 1841 Grand National at the second attempt defeating ten rivals in a time of 13 minutes 25 seconds Charity is a Purely functional experimental Programming language, developed at the University of Calgary. See also Alms or almsgiving exists in a number of religions In general it involves giving materially to another as an act of religious virtue Altruism is selfless concern for the welfare of others It is a traditional Virtue in many cultures and central to many religious traditions Charity is a small thriving township in Guyana, located in the Pomeroon-Supenaam region Charity Island may refer to Charity Island (Michigan, USA Charity Island (Tasmania, Australia Charity is a drama in four acts by W S Gilbert that opened on January 3 1874 at the Haymarket Theatre in London where Gilbert had S. Gilbert
- Charity (single), a single by Skunk Anansie
- Charity Shea, an actress in the upcoming TV series The Best Years
" Charity " is a song by Skunk Anansie, released as their third single in July 1995, and then re-released in April 1996. Charity Shea (born December 4, 1983 in Denver, Colorado) is an American Actress and Former S[[P]][[O]][[R]][[T]][[S]][[b]][[y]][[B]][[R]][[O]][[O]][[K]][[S]] In Greek mythology, a Charis (Χάρις is one of several Charites (Χάριτες Greek: " Graces " goddesses of charm beauty
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- Christian love; representing God's love of man, man's love of God, or man's love of his fellow-men.
- In general, an attitude of kindness and understanding towards others, now especially suggesting generosity.
- (uncountable) Benevolence to others less fortunate than ourselves; the providing of goods or money to those in need.
- (countable) The goods or money given to those in need.
- (countable) An organization the objects of which are to carry on a charitable purpose.
- A female given name.
network: | |