Casper or Caspar may mean:
- Casper (name), information on name and alternate forms
- Caspar Badrutt, Swiss businessman who virtually invented and popularized winter alpine resorts and consequently several winter sports
- Caspar del Bufalo, priest, founder of a religious order, and saint
- Casper Van Dien, an American actor, notable for appearing in the film version of Starship Troopers
- Caspar Weinberger, United States Secretary of Defense under President Ronald Reagan
- DJ Casper, an American disk jockey who released the UK #1 single "Cha Cha Slide"
- Caspar, one of the Three Biblical Magi (or Three Wise Men) derived from the Persian for treasurer, who presents a gift of gold
- A king of the Mayan city of Palenque
- Drew Casper, an award-winning Professor of Critical Studies in the School of Cinematic Arts at the University of Southern California
- One of three parts of the biocomputer located in NERV's First Branch in the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion — see Neon Genesis Evangelion glossary
- CASPAR digital preservation project, a project about digital preservation, full name "Cultural, Artistic and Scientific knowledge for Preservation, Access and Retrieval"
- A software package that allows initramfs-based Linux systems to boot from read-only media
- A tool created by researchers at the University of Oxford to automate the verification of security protocols. The name Casper along with Kasper and Jasper is a modification of Gaspar which in turn is derived from an ancient Chaldean word"Gizbar" which according Swissman Caspar Badrutt (1848-1904 may have near singlehandedly invented the way we we now look at winter activities &mdash a time for fun and frolic on the picturesque but cold slopes Casper Robert Van Dien Jr (born December 18 1968) is an American Actor, best known for his role as Johnny Rico in Caspar Willard "Cap" Weinberger ( August 18, 1917 &ndash March 28, 2006) was an American politician and Secretary DJ Casper (real name Willie Perry) Casper was born in Chicago, IL "Three Kings" or "Three Wise Men" redirects here Palenque ( Bàak' in Modern Maya) is a Maya archeological site near the Usumacinta River in the Mexican state of Chiapas Joseph Andrew "Drew" Casper is a Professor of Critical Studies in the School of Cinematic Arts at the University of Southern California and considered This is a glossary of terms from the Anime and Manga series Neon Genesis Evangelion. CASPAR - Cultural Artistic and Scientific knowledge for Preservation Access and Retrieval - is a digital preservation project funded in part by the European Union. Sysfs is a Virtual file system provided by Linux 26 Sysfs exports information about devices and drivers from the kernel device model to userspace and is also used Linux (commonly pronounced ˈlɪnəks The University of Oxford (informally "Oxford University" or simply "Oxford" located in the city of Oxford, Oxfordshire, England is the A security protocol ( cryptographic protocol or encryption protocol) is an abstract or concrete protocol that performs a security -related function 
Places in the United States
See also Casper is the only City in and the County seat of Natrona County, Wyoming, United States, although the county is home to a number Caspar is an Unincorporated town located in coastal Mendocino County California. Casper the Friendly Ghost is the Protagonist of the Famous Studios theatrical animated cartoon series of the same name Casper is a 1995 Live-action Feature film based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoons and comic strips There have been different versions of video games based on the film Casper. Casper is a freestyle Skateboarding trick that was invented by Bobby "Casper" Boyden in the late 1970s The University of California Berkeley (also referred to as Cal, Berkeley and UC Berkeley) is a major research university located in Berkeley
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- A male given name, an occasional variant of Caspar.
network: | |