Palazzo Brera entrance: Napoleon Bonaparte
, Antonio Canova
's bronze statue. Napoleon Bonaparte (15 August 1769 – 5 May 1821 was a French military and political leader who had a significant impact on the History of Europe.
The Academy of Fine Arts of Brera, (Italian: Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera) also known as Brera Academy (Italian: Accademia di Brera) is a public academic institution located in the city center of Milan - Italy, in via Brera 28. Italian ( or lingua italiana) is a Romance language spoken by about 63 million people as a First language, primarily in Italy. Milan (Milano Milan (listen) is one of the largest cities in Italy, located in the plains of Lombardy. Italy (Italia officially the Italian Republic, (Repubblica Italiana is located on the Italian Peninsula in Southern Europe, and on the two largest It was founded in 1776 by HIM Maria Theresa of Austria. Year 1776 ( MDCCLXXVI) was a Leap year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Maria Theresa (Maria Theresia see also names in other languages; May 13, 1717 November 29 1780) was the Archduchess regnant
The main objective is to teach and research within the creative art, (painting, sculpting, graphics, photo, video etc. ) and cultural historical disciplines.
Under the current italian regulations (MIUR Ministry of Education, University and Research), the Brera Academy is included in the university program in the field of the Artistic and Musical Training issuing academic diplomas level of 1° (equivalent to degree) and academic diplomas level of 2° (equivalent to graduated teacher). A degree is any of a wide range of status levels conferred by institutions of Higher education, such as universities, normally as the result of successfully completing
In Italy is the academic institution with the highest rate of internationalization (greater than 24%), has about 3,500 students including over 850 foreigners (mostly already graduated in the origin countries) from 49 nations.
The Brera Academy maintains links and exchanges students and teachers, through the ERASMUS programme, with many European countries. The ERASMUS programme, also known as European Region Action Scheme for the Mobility of University Students, was established in 1987 and forms a major part of the Since 2006 has been invited to entertain relations with countries outside Europe, such as Japan, China, Mexico and Australia. Year 2006 ( MMVI) was a Common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar. For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Japan topics. China ( Wade-Giles ( Mandarin) Chung¹kuo² is a cultural region, an ancient Civilization, and depending on perspective a National The United Mexican States ( or commonly Mexico (ˈmɛksɪkoʊ () is a federal constitutional Republic in North America. For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Australia topics.
In 2005 the teaching of the academy has been classified by UNESCO as "A5" the same as Bocconi University. Year 2005 ( MMV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link displays full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization ( UNESCO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations established on November 16 Bocconi University (full official name in Italian Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi) is a private university located near the city center of Milan It is also regarded as one of the world's leading academic institutions.
The current Director of the Academy (2008) is Professor Fernando De Filippi. 2008 ( MMVIII) is the current year in accordance with the Gregorian calendar, a Leap year that started on Tuesday of the Common
- 1572: ownership Palazzo Brera, built on the ruins of a convent of the Humiliati went to Jesuits. The Humiliati were an Italian religious order created probably in the 12th century. The Society of Jesus ( Latin: Societas Iesu, SJ and SI or SJ, SI) is a Catholic religious order
- The name "Brera" derives from the German term "braida" which indicates a large grassy clearing, similar to the place where it is built namesake building that still houses the headquarters of the Academy.
- 1627-1628: the restructuring of the building was given to Francesco Maria Richini.
- 1772: is suppressed the Society of Jesus and the Palazzo Brera receives a new institutional framework, including the Brera Astronomical Observatory and the National Braidense Library (formerly founded by the Jesuits). Year 1772 ( MDCCLXXII) was a Leap year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a
- 1774: ill be added to the Brera Botanical Garden. Year 1774 ( MDCCLXXIV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a The Orto Botanico di Brera (5000 m² is a Botanical garden located behind the Pinacoteca di Brera at Via Brera 28 in the center of Milan, Lombardy
Piero della Francesca
: Pala Brera
or Madonna and Child with Saints
. Piero della Francesca (c 1412 &ndash October 12, 1492) was an Italian artist of the Early Renaissance.
's most sophisticated altarpiece: The Wedding of the Virgin
. Raphael Sanzio, usually known by his first name alone (in Italian Raffaello) (April 6 or March 28 1483 – April 6 1520 was an Italian painter and
- 1776: the Brera Academy is based by HIM Maria Theresa of Austria whose main purpose is "Depriving the teaching of Fine Arts to craftsmen and private artists , subject to public supervision and public opinion". Year 1776 ( MDCCLXXVI) was a Leap year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Maria Theresa (Maria Theresia see also names in other languages; May 13, 1717 November 29 1780) was the Archduchess regnant The project was entrusted to architect Giuseppe Piermarini it receives, the same year the first chair of Architecture. Giuseppe Piermarini ( 18 July 1734 — 18 February 1808) was an Italian architect who trained with Luigi Vanvitelli at Rome and designed Also in 1776 was founded, educational purposes, the Brera Art Gallery (Italian: Pinacoteca di Brera): a collection of exemplary works for the training of students, you can copy the real paintings and plaster casts. This article concerns the Milanese art gallery For the automobile see Alfa Romeo Brera.
- The Brera Art Gallery museum of international standing, collects the most important collection in Milan today. It houses, among others, masterpieces from Bellini, Boccioni, Botticelli, Caravaggio, Hayez, Leonardo da Vinci, Mantegna, Modigliani, Picasso, Piero della Francesca, Raphael, Rembrandt, Rubens, Tiepolo, Tintoretto, Titian and Veronese. Umberto Boccioni ( October 19 1882 &ndash August 17 1916) was a painter and a sculptor. Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio, usually just known as Caravaggio, (28 September 1571 – 18 July 1610 was an Italian Artist active in Rome Francesco Hayez ( February 10, 1791 - December 21, 1882) was an Italian painter the leading artist of Romanticism Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci ( April 15 1452 – May 2 1519 was an Italian Polymath, having been a scientist Mathematician, Engineer Andrea Mantegna (c 1431 &ndash September 13, 1506) was an Italian Renaissance artist a student of Roman Archeology, and son in law of Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Martyr Patricio Clito Ruíz y Picasso (October 25 1881 &ndash April 8 1973 Piero della Francesca (c 1412 &ndash October 12, 1492) was an Italian artist of the Early Renaissance. Raphael Sanzio, usually known by his first name alone (in Italian Raffaello) (April 6 or March 28 1483 – April 6 1520 was an Italian painter and Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn (July 15 1606 &ndash October 4 1669 was a Dutch painter and etcher. See also Giovanni Domenico Tiepolo (or Giandomenico Tiepolo) or Lorenzo Baldissera Tiepolo, both sons of Giovanni Battista Tintoretto (real name Jacopo Comin; September 29, 1518 - May 31, 1594) was one of the greatest painters of the Venetian school and Tiziano Vecelli or Tiziano Vecellio (c 1485 &ndash August 27 1576 better known as Titian, was the leading painter of the 16th-century Venetian
- 1797: Napoleon Bonaparte transforms The Brera Art Gallery is a veritable museum where exhibit paintings from the territories conquered by French armed and make up the Lombard Institute of Science and Letters. Year 1797 ( MDCCXCVII) was a Common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common Napoleon Bonaparte (15 August 1769 – 5 May 1821 was a French military and political leader who had a significant impact on the History of Europe.
- 1803: format is the Academic Council, made up of 30 members, which expands and defines teaching subjects: Architecture, Painting, Sculpture, Ornato, Engraving, Perspective, Anatomy and Artistic elements Figure. 1803 ( MDCCCIII) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a The Ornato Commission begins to play a control over public monuments similar to that of modern Superintendent of Public Works (Italian: Sopraintendenze alle Belle Arti). Italian ( or lingua italiana) is a Romance language spoken by about 63 million people as a First language, primarily in Italy.
- 1805: launch of the annual exhibitions, which are the most important manifestation of contemporary art in Italy throughout the nineteenth century. Year 1805 ( MDCCCV) was a Common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or The event provides an overview of the work of students of both works by artists in Italy and Europe. The awards made competition help to make known the name of Brera Academy of Fine Arts at European level.
- 1809: to adapt the architectural complex of Palazzo Brera to its new function is demolished the fourteenth-century facade of the Church of Santa Maria di Brera, attributed to Giovanni di Balduccio from Pisa. Year 1809 ( MDCCCIX) was a Common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common year The church dedicated to the Virgin dates back to the founding of the convent of Humiliati dated around 1229-1230.
- Despite the negative opinion issued two years earlier by the Commissione of Ornato, the new Braidense Commission together with Pietro Moscati (General Director of Education) and Eugene Beauharnais (Viceroy Napoleon) accept the plan proposed by Piero Gilardoni. Eugène Rose de Beauharnais Prince Français Prince of Venice, Viceroy of the Kingdom of Italy, Hereditary Grand Duke of Frankfurt, 1st Duke of Leuchtenberg The common will tend to provide a wider and easier headquarters to Academy Schools of Painting and Sculpture and to enlarge the exhibition halls of the gallery above.
- After scrapping the bas-reliefs and sculptures and fragments of the facade of the portal of the Church of Santa Maria di Brera is transferred to the Museo d'Arte Antica of the Sforza Castle in Milan (where are still visible). Castello Sforzesco ( English: Sforza Castle is a castle in Milan, Italy that now houses several of the city's museum and art gallery collections Some fragments and three windows are incorporated in the facade of Cascina San Fedele Park of Monza. Other fragments are found in the villa Antona-Traversi of Desio.
- The works (paintings and frescoes then detached) that decorated the inside of the church, signed by Bernardo Luini, Bernardo Senale, Bartolomeo Suardi said Bramantino and Vincenzo Foppa, are now visible to the Brera Art Gallery and to the Museum of Science and Technology in Milan. Other parts of frescos attributed to the Giusto de' Menabuoi, bases of columns, capitals and wall decorations are still visible in the spaces (external and internal) to the classrooms used by the Design Department of Design and Applied Arts. Giusto de' Menabuoi (c1320 &ndash 1391 was an Italian painter of the early Renaissance
- 1859 : after the Napoleon III’s visit, the bronze statue Napoleon I as a peacemaker Mars is placed at the center of the Palazzo Brera court, on the marble pedestal designed by Luigi Bisi. Year 1859 ( MDCCCLIX) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common Napoléon III, also known as Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte (full name Charles Louis Napoléon Bonaparte) (20 April 1808 9 January 1873 was the first President The statue was commissioned by Eugene Beauharnais in 1807, previously merged in Rome around years 1811 - 1812 from the Antonio Canova’s model. Eugène Rose de Beauharnais Prince Français Prince of Venice, Viceroy of the Kingdom of Italy, Hereditary Grand Duke of Frankfurt, 1st Duke of Leuchtenberg Year 1807 ( MDCCCVII) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common Rome ( Roma ˈroma Roma is the capital city of Italy and Lazio, and is Italy's largest and most populous city with more than 2 Year 1811 ( MDCCCXI) was a Common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common year Year 1812 ( MDCCCXII) a leap year started on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Leap year
- 1861: after the Unification of Italy, the Academy is going through a period of crisis due to the advent of photography and general refusal to copy the works of the past. Year 1861 ( MDCCCLXI) was a Common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common
- 1863: the Archaeological Museum is posted. Year 1863 ( MDCCCLXIII) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common
- 1882: management Brera Art Gallery is made autonomous. Year 1882 ( MDCCCLXXXII) was a Common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common
- 1891: exposures become three-year, while the architectural culture makes its teaching self founding the School of Architecture
- 1897-1914: Camillo Boito is president of the academy and has among its students Luca Beltrami. Year 1891 ( MDCCCXCI) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common Year 1897 ( MDCCCXCVII) was a Common year starting on Friday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian Calendar (or a Common Year 1914 ( MCMXIV) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common year Camillo Boito ( October 30 1836 - June 28 1914) was an Italian architect and engineer and a noted art critic art historian and novelist Luca Beltrami ( November 13, 1854 — August 8, 1933) was an Italian architect and architectural historian known particularly for restoration
- 1900: Brera Art Gallery acquires the administration of the collection of modern painting. Year 1900 ( MCM) was an exceptional Common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar
- 1923: with the reform of the school promoted by Giovanni Gentile, is set up at the next Art School. Year 1923 ( MCMXXIII) was a Common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. In the same period the School of Sculpture is held by Adolfo Wildt (followed Francesco Messina and Marino Marini), which has among its students two of the highest artistic renewal of Milan in the years to follow: Lucio Fontana and Fausto Melotti, while Achille Funi the chair will be set up to Fresco. Lucio Fontana ( 19 February 1899  &ndash  7 September 1968) was a painter and sculptor born in Rosario
- 1931: the School of Architecture is moved to the Politecnico di Milano. Year 1931 ( MCMXXXI) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display full 1931 calendar of the Gregorian calendar. The Politecnico di Milano University is the largest technical University in Italy, with about 40000 students
- 1946: in the Second World War, the Academy opens with the direction of Aldo Carpi, with Guido Ballo as a professor of Art History, in addition to the masters of sculpture Alik Cavaliere and Andrea Cascella, painting professors Mauro Reggiani, Domenico Cantatore, Pompeo Borra and Domenico Purificato. Year 1946 ( MCMXLVI) was a Common year starting on Tuesday (link will display full 1946 calendar of the Gregorian calendar.
Palazzo Brera court.
Brera Academy has risen from 4 traditional addresses to 11 triennial courses level of 1°, 19 two-year courses level of 2°, 1 advanced and 3 master. It also enabled 6 courses enabling biennial teaching in secondary schools (COBASLID), in 6 classes of competition that relate to the specific visual arts.
Brera has four 'traditional' departments:
and, since 1997-98, four 'experimental' ones with yearly intake limited to 20 students:
- Contemporary Sacred Art
- Restauration of Contemporary Art
- Communication and Education applied to Art
- Multimedia Communication
It is allowed to extend the course duration with one year, bringing the maximum overall course duration to five years. Painting (pān'tīng in Art, is the practice of applying Color to a Surface (support base such as e Design is used both as a Noun and a Verb. The term is often tied to the various Applied arts and Engineering (See design disciplines
Attendance of classes is compulsory. If attendance is irregular, a student's name may be cancelled from the institution registers. Serious motives justifying absence from classes should be stated officially by the 15th of March of the academic year concerned. Otherwise one runs the risk of being excluded from exams, which may occasion the loss of one year study time.
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN CITIZENS
Foreign citizens wishing to enrol as students at the Brera Academy should present their application to the Italian Consulate in their country not later than 15 March of the year in which they intend to begin their studies at Brera.
Together with their application they should submit an educational curriculum (complete with relevant diplomas), and an indication of the course of their choice. The consular authorities will verify the equivalence of study titles and will send the translated documentation to the secretariat of the Academy.
Upon completion of this procedure, the candidate will be invited to participate in the entry examinations, which consist in a test of artistic ability pertinent to the course chosen, and a test of general cultural awareness. Foreign citizens will also have to pass a written Italian language test.
It's today heritage of Brera Academy:
- The Collection of Sculptures and Gypsum Copies
- The Historical Archive
- The Historical Fund
- The Cabinet of Drawings and Prints
- The Picture Gallery
- The Photographic Archives
- The Contemporary Art Library of the Brera Academy
1ST CYCLE DEGREE COURSES (Three-year courses)
Department of Visual Arts:
Department of Design and Applied Arts:
- Theatre Design
- Artistic Design for the Enterprises
- New Technologies for the Arts
Department of Communication and Art Teaching:
- Branches of Development of Cultural Heritage
- Communication and Education applied to Art
2ND CYCLE DEGREE COURSES (Two-year courses)
Department of Visual Arts:
- Anthropology and Contemporary Sacred Art
Department of Design and Applied Arts:
- Theatre Design
- Costume Design
- Stage Design for Film and Television
- Restoration of Contemporary Art
- Product Design
- Fashion Design
- Multimedia Interactive and Performative Arts
- Multimedia Arts Film and Video
Department of Communication and Art Teaching:
- Creative Communication for Cultural Heritage
- Communication and Organization for Contemporary Art
SPECIALIZATION SCHOOL (Two-year course)
In agreement with Psychiatry Faculty of the University of Pavia:
- Theory and Practice of Art Therapeutics
Notable students and professors
in chronological order of birth
- Giuseppe Piermarini (architect)
- Jacques-Louis David (painter)
- Ennio Quirino Visconti (archaeologist and political)
- Antonio Canova (sculptor)
- Bertel Thorvaldsen (sculptor)
- Vincenzo Camuccini (painter)
- Giuseppe Bossi (painter, draftsman, poet and writer)
- Francesco Hayez (painter)
- Carlo Ferrari (set designer)
- Raffaele Casnedi (painter)
- Cherubino Cornienti (painter)
- Camillo Boito (architect and writer)
- Emilio Magistretti (painter)
- Luca Beltrami (architect, art historian and restorer)
- Giovanni Segantini (painter)
- Medardo Rosso (sculptor)
- Giuseppe Pellizza da Volpedo (painter)
- Adolfo Wildt (sculptor)
- Carlo Carrà (painter)
- Aldo Carpi (painter and writer)
- Antonio Sant'Elia (architect)
- Achille Funi (painter)
- Mauro Reggiani (painter)
- Pompeo Borra (painter)
- Lucio Fontana (painter, sculptor and ceramist)
- Marino Marini (sculptor)
- Fausto Melotti (sculptor)
- Gianfilippo Usellini (painter)
- Domenico Cantatore (painter and illustrator)
- Bruno Munari (painter, sculptor, designer and engraver)
- Piero Fornasetti (painter, sculptor, designer and engraver)
- Guido Ballo (art historian)
- Domenico Purificato (painter)
- Giovanni Madonini (painter)
- Andrea Cascella (sculptor, painter and ceramist)
- Oreste Carpi (painter)
- Enrico Baj (painter and sculptor)
- Arnaldo Pomodoro (sculptor)
- Alik Cavaliere (sculptor)
- Dario Fo (playwright, director, set designer, actor and Nobel Prize for Literature 1997)
- Roberto Sanesi (art historian, poet and essayist)
- Piero Manzoni (painter and sculptor)
- Vincenzo Ferrari (painter)
- Miltos Manetas (painter, multimedia artist)
- Vanessa Beecroft (painter, photographer and performer)
- Luciano Fabro (sculptor)
- Luisa Spinatelli (set and costume designer)
- Giusepe Gabellone (sculptor)
- Tito Varisco (set designer)
- Tommaso Trini (art critic)
- Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera - Via Brera 28 20121 Milano Italia
Palazzo Brera Institutions (in Italian) The University of Pavia ( Italian: Università degli Studi di Pavia, UNIPV is a university located in Pavia, Lombardy, Italy. Giuseppe Piermarini ( 18 July 1734 — 18 February 1808) was an Italian architect who trained with Luigi Vanvitelli at Rome and designed Jacques-Louis David (August 30 1748 &ndash December 29 1825 was a highly influential French painter in the Neoclassical style considered to be Ennio Quirino Visconti ( November 1, 1751 - February 7, 1818) was an Italian Antiquarian and Art historian, papal Prefect (Albert Bertel Thorvaldsen ( November 19, 1770 – March 24, 1844) was a Danish / Icelandic sculptor Vincenzo Camuccini ( February 22 1771 - September 2 1844) was an Italian painter of Neoclassic histories and religious Giuseppe Bossi ( Busto Arsizio, August 11, 1777 - Milano, 9 November 1815) was an Italian painter Francesco Hayez ( February 10, 1791 - December 21, 1882) was an Italian painter the leading artist of Romanticism Camillo Boito ( October 30 1836 - June 28 1914) was an Italian architect and engineer and a noted art critic art historian and novelist Giovanni Segantini ( January 15, 1858 - September 28, 1899) was an Italian painter. Medardo Rosso (born 21 June 1858, Turin, Italy - died 31 March 1928, Milan) was an Italian sculptor Carlo Carrà ( February 11 1881 &mdash April 13 1966) was an Italian painter, a leading figure of the Futurist Aldo Carpi (1886-1973 was an Italian artist painter and writer author of a collection of memoirs concerning his imprisonment in the infamous Mauthausen-Gusen concentration Antonio Sant'Elia ( April 30, 1888 - October 10, 1916) was an Italian Architect. Lucio Fontana ( 19 February 1899  &ndash  7 September 1968) was a painter and sculptor born in Rosario Marino Marini ( February 27, 1901 - August 6, 1980) was an Italian sculptor. Bruno Munari ( October 24, 1907 &ndash September 30, 1998) was an Italian artist and designer who contributed fundamentals in many Piero Fornasetti ( November 10, 1913 -1988 was an Italian painter, sculptor, Interior decorator and Engraver. Oreste Carpi (3 November 1921&ndash11 March 2008 was an Italian Deaf Artist famous as painter, Engraver and Ceramist. Enrico Baj (Milan (Italy octobre 31 1924 - Vergiate (Italy june 2003 was an Italian Artist and Art writer. Arnaldo Pomodoro is an Italian Sculptor. He was born on 23 June 1926, in Morciano, Romagna, Italy Dario Fo (born March 24, 1926) is an Italian satirist, Playwright, Theater director, Actor, and Composer The Nobel Prize (Nobelpriset (Nobelprisen is a Swedish prize established in the 1895 will of Swedish chemist Alfred Nobel; it was first awarded in Peace, Literature Piero Manzoni ( July 13 1933 - February 6, 1963) was an Italian artist best known for his ironic Conceptual art in direct Miltos Manetas (1964- is a Greek-born painter and Multimedia artist who currently lives and works in North London Vanessa Beecroft ( Genoa, Italy, 1969) is an Italian Contemporary artist living in Los Angeles. This article concerns the Milanese art gallery For the automobile see Alfa Romeo Brera. Fully accredited independent professional art and design colleges offering BFA degrees Academy of Art University Art Academy of Cincinnati
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |