Bernhard I of Saxe-Meiningen.
Bernhard I, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (b. Gotha, 10 September 1649 - d. Gotha is a town in Thuringia, within the central core of Germany. Events 506 - The Bishops of Visigothic Gaul meet in the Council of Agde. Meiningen, 27 April 1706) was a duke of Saxe-Meiningen. Meiningen is a town in Germany - located in the Southern part of the state of Thuringia and the district seat of Schmalkalden-Meiningen. Events 1124 - David I becomes King of Scotland. 1296 - Battle of Dunbar: The Scots are defeated Year 1706 ( MDCCVI) was a Common year starting on Friday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a The Duchy of Saxe-Meiningen was one of the Saxon Duchies held by the Ernestine line of the Wettin Dynasty
He was the sixth but third surviving son of Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Altenburg and Elisabeth Sophie of Saxe-Altenburg. Ernst I Duke of Saxe-Gotha and Altenburg, called "the Pious" (b Elisabeth Sophie of Saxe-Altenburg (b Halle, 10 October 1619 - d
After the death of his father, in 1675, the duchy was governed by him and his brothers under co-ruling; but the duchy was divided five years later (in 1680); for this divisionary treaty, Bernhard received Meiningen, Wasungen, Salzungen, Untermassfeld, Frauenbreitungen and Ichtershausen. Meiningen is a town in Germany - located in the Southern part of the state of Thuringia and the district seat of Schmalkalden-Meiningen. Wasungen is a town in the Schmalkalden-Meiningen district in Thuringia, Germany. Untermaßfeld is a municipality in the district Schmalkalden-Meiningen, in Thuringia, Germany. Ichtershausen is a municipality in the district Ilm-Kreis, in Thuringia, Germany. Bernhard became the founder of the Saxe-Meiningen line.
The building of an official residence in Meiningen began immediately. The residence was finished in 1692 and was called Schloss Elisabethenburg, in honor of Bernhard's second wife. Like his brother Ernst, Bernhard's financial stability in his duchy was remarkable. The sales of chamber goods and the additional charge of taxes to the population were the result.
Bernhard ordered by will the indivisibility of the duchy, but a Primogenitur did not give it. For this, Bernhard's sons governed the duchy jointly after his death.
He married in Schloß Friedenstein, Gotha, on 20 November 1671 with Marie Hedwig of Hesse-Darmstadt. Ernst I Duke of Saxe-Gotha and Altenburg, called "the Pious" (b Johann II Duke of Saxe-Weimar ( Johann Maria Wilhelm) (b Weimar, 22 May 1570 - d Johann Wilhelm Duke of Saxe-Weimar (b Torgau, 11 March 1530 d Dorothea Maria of Anhalt (b Dessau, 2 July 1574 - d Weimar, 18 July 1617) was by birth member of the House of Ascania Joachim Ernst Duke of Anhalt ( 11 January 1901 - 18 February 1947) was the last ruler of the Duchy of Anhalt. Elisabeth Sophie of Saxe-Altenburg (b Halle, 10 October 1619 - d John Philip Duke of Saxe-Altenburg (b Torgau, 25 January 1597 - d Frederick Wilhelm I Duke of Saxe-Weimar (b Weimar, 25 April 1562 - d Gotha is a town in Thuringia, within the central core of Germany. Events 284 - Diocletian was chosen as Roman Emperor. 762 - Bögü Khan of the Uyghurs, They had seven children:
- Ernst Ludwig I, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (b. Ernst Ludwig I Duke of Saxe-Meiningen ( 7 October 1672 - 24 November 1724) was a duke of Saxe-Meiningen Gotha, 7 October 1672 - d. Events 3761 BC - The epoch (origin of the modern Hebrew calendar ( Proleptic Julian calendar) Meiningen, 24 November 1724). Events 380 - Theodosius I makes his adventus, or formal Year 1724 ( MDCCXXIV) was a Leap year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a
- Bernhard (b. Gotha, 28 October 1673 - d. Events 306 - Maxentius is proclaimed Roman Emperor. 312 - Battle of Milvian Bridge: Constantine Brussels, 25 October 1694). Events 1147 - The Portuguese, under Afonso I, and Crusaders from England and Flanders conquer Lisbon after a
- Johann Ernst (b. Gotha, 29 December 1674 - d. Events 1170 - Thomas Becket: Thomas Becket Archbishop of Canterbury is assassinated inside Canterbury Cathedral by followers of King Henry II Gotha, 8 February 1675). Events 421 - Constantius III becomes co- Emperor of the Western Roman Empire.
- Marie Elisabeth (b. Ichtershausen, 11 August 1676 - d. Events 2492 BC - Traditional date of the defeat of Bel by Hayk, progenitor and founder of the Armenian nation Ichtershausen, 22 December 1676). Events 1790 - The Turkish fortress of Izmail is stormed and captured by Suvorov and his Russian armies
- Johann Georg (b. Ichtershausen, 3 October 1677 - d. Events 42 BC - First Battle of Philippi: Triumvirs Mark Antony and Octavian fight an indecisive battle with Caesar's Ichtershausen, 10 October 1678). Events 680 - Battle of Karbala: Shia Imam Husayn bin Ali, the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad, is decapitated
- Frederick Wilhelm, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (b. Frederick Wilhelm Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (b Ichtershausen, 16 February 1679 - d Ichtershausen, 16 February 1679 - d. Events 1249 - Andrew of Longjumeau is dispatched by Louis IX of France as his ambassador to meet with the Khan of the Mongols Meiningen, 10 March 1746). Events 241 BC - First Punic War: Battle of the Aegates Islands - The Romans sink the Carthaginian fleet bringing Year 1746 ( MDCCXLVI) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a
- Georg Ernst (b. Ichtershausen, 26 March 1680 - d. Events 1026 - Pope John XIX crowns Conrad II as Holy Roman Emperor. of smallpox, Meiningen, 1 January 1699). New Year See also New Year The Ancient Romans began their consular year on January 1st since 153 BC
He married secondly in Schningen on 25 January 1681 with Elisabeth Eleonore of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel. Events 41 - After a night of negotiation Claudius is accepted as Roman Emperor by the Senate Anthony Ulrich (German Anton Ulrich; 4 October 1633, Hitzacker &ndash 27 March 1714, Salzdahlum) was duke They had five children:
- Elisabeth Ernestine (b. Meiningen, 3 December 1681 - d. Events 1800 - War of the Second Coalition: Battle of Hohenlinden, French Gandersheim, 24 December 1766), Abbess of Gandersheim (1713-1766). Events 563 - The Byzantine church Hagia Sophia in Constantinople is dedicated for the second time after being destroyed by Earthquakes Year 1766 ( MDCCLXVI) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Bad Gandersheim is a city in southern Lower Saxony, Germany, located in the district of Northeim. Year 1713 ( MDCCXIII) was a Common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Year 1766 ( MDCCLXVI) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a
- Eleonore Frederika (b. Meiningen, 2 March 1683 - d. Events 986 - Louis V becomes King of the Franks. 1127 - Assassination of Charles the Good Meiningen, 13 May 1739), a nun at Gandersheim. Events 1497 - Pope Alexander VI excommunicates Girolamo Savonarola. Year 1739 ( MDCCXXXIX) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a
- Anton August (b. Meiningen, 20 June 1684 - d. Events 451 - Battle of Chalons: Flavius Aetius ' defeats Attila the Hun. Meiningen, 7 December 1684). Events 43 BC - Marcus Tullius Cicero assassinated 1696 - Connecticut Route 108, one of the oldest highways
- Wilhelmine Luise (b. Meiningen, 19 January 1686 - d. Events 1419 - Hundred Years' War: Rouen surrenders to Henry V of England completing his reconquest of Normandy. Bernstadt, 5 October 1753), married on 20 December 1703 to Karl, Duke of Württemberg-Bernstadt. Events 869 - The Fourth Council of Constantinople is convened to decide about what to do about Patriarch Photius of Constantinople Year 1753 ( MDCCLIII) was a Common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common year Events 69 - Vespasian, formerly a general under Nero, enters Rome to claim the title of Emperor. Year 1703 ( MDCCIII) was a Common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common year
- Anton Ulrich, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (b. Anton Ulrich Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (b Meiningen, 22 October 1687 - d Meiningen, 22 October 1687 - d. Events 202 BC - Hannibal Barca, leader of the Carthaginians, is defeated by the Roman legions under Scipio Africanus Frankfurt, 27 January 1763). Events 98 - Trajan becomes Roman Emperor after the death of Nerva. Year 1763 ( MDCCLXIII) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a
The House of Wettin was a dynasty of German Counts Dukes prince-electors (Kurfürsten and kings that ruled the area of today's The Duchy of Saxe-Meiningen was one of the Saxon Duchies held by the Ernestine line of the Wettin Dynasty Ernst Ludwig I Duke of Saxe-Meiningen ( 7 October 1672 - 24 November 1724) was a duke of Saxe-Meiningen
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |