Belt can refer to the following objects:
- A belt (clothing) is an article of clothing worn around the waist to hold trousers up or as a fashion accessory. A belt is a flexible band typically made of Leather or heavy Cloth, and worn around the Waist.
- A belt (mechanical) is a looped, flexible connection, used for power transmission; it is called conveyor belt when part of a conveyance system. A Belt is a looped strip of flexible material used to mechanically link two or more rotating shafts A belt conveyor consists of two or more Pulleys with a continuous loop of material - the conveyor belt - that rotates about them
- A Belt (firearm) is a single row of cartridges which are held together with cloth or metal links, for use in a (typically automatic) firearm. A belt is a device that holds cartridges adjacent to each other in a single row for feeding into a Firearm, typically a Machine gun. A cartridge (also known as a "round" packages the Bullet, Gunpowder and primer into a single metallic case precisely made to fit the A firearm is a Tool that projects either single or multiple Projectiles at high velocity through a controlled explosion
- A leather belt as attribute of certain Confraternities of the Cord and/or as penitential device. Confraternities of the Cord are pious associations of the faithful the members of which wear a cord or cincture in honour of a saint to keep in mind some special grace or favour which A penitential is a book or set of church rules concerning the Christian Sacrament of Penance, a "new manner of reconciliation with God" that was
- A championship in combat sports such as boxing, mixed martial arts and professional wrestling, which is used as the equivalent of a trophy and awarded to the winner of a championship in a sport. A championship belt is used primarily in combat sports such as Boxing, mixed Martial arts and Professional wrestling to signify the champions of the Boxing (sometimes also known as English boxing or pugilism) is a Combat sport in which two participants generally of similar weight, Mixed martial arts (MMA is a full contact Combat sport that allows a wide variety of fighting techniques from a mixture of Martial arts traditions and Professional wrestling, or pro wrestling, is a non-competitive professional Sport, where all matches are scripted by the promotion's booking staff ----A trophy is a reward for a specific achievement and usually afterwards serves as proof of merit
- Dance belt, an undergarment worn by male dancers. A dance belt is a functional name for a Thong jock, an undergarment which is often worn by male Ballet dancers because various choreographic moves would otherwise
- Belt track, the common term for Kégresse track, a kind of track drive that uses reinforced flexible belts instead of linked belts for traction. A Kégresse track is an unusual kind of Rubber tracks which uses a flexible belt rather than interlocking metal segments A Kégresse track is an unusual kind of Rubber tracks which uses a flexible belt rather than interlocking metal segments
- Vocal belting, a singing technique. Belting (or vocal belting) refers to a specific technique of Singing by which a singer uses a high-intensity sound to convey heightened emotional states Singing is the act of producing musical sounds with the voice, which is often contrasted with Speech.
- Police duty belt, A belt for police officers, which holds all the equipment they need to conduct their duties. A police duty belt (sometimes referred to as a gun belt) is a belt, typically constructed of Nylon or Leather designed for police
- Belt (recording artist)
- Chastity belt
- In automobiles:
- A safety or seat belt. A chastity belt is a locking item of clothing designed to prevent Sexual intercourse and possibly Masturbation. A seat belt, sometimes called a safety belt, is a Safety harness designed to secure the occupant of a Vehicle against harmful movement that may result from
- A fan belt. A mechanical fan is an electrically powered device used to produce an airflow for the purpose of creature comfort (particularly in the heat ventilation, exhaust
- An engine timing belt. An engine is a mechanical device that produces some form of output from a given input A timing belt, timing chain or cam belt is a part of an Internal combustion engine that controls the timing of the engine's valves.
- In astronomy:
- An asteroid belt or "main belt is a cluster of asteroids orbiting a star. Astronomy (from the Greek words astron (ἄστρον "star" and nomos (νόμος "law" is the scientific study The asteroid belt is the region of the Solar System located roughly between the orbits of the Planets Mars and Jupiter. There is one in this solar system, located between Mars and Jupiter.
- The Kuiper belt is an area of the solar system extending from within the orbit of Neptune. The Kuiper belt (ˈkaɪpɚ to rhyme with "viper" sometimes called the Edgeworth-Kuiper belt, is a region of the Solar System beyond the planets extending Objects within the Kuiper Belt are referred to as trans-Neptunian objects (a type of minor planet) or asteroids
- The Oort Belt or Oort cloud is located outside the orbit scattered disc and Pluto's orbit where comets are presumed to be formed
- In geology and geography, a belt is a region with a roughly elongated form, or sometimes a sequence of roughly parallel forms, as in
As a geographical name it also refers to the following places:
- The Belts are the straits of the Baltic Sea between Germany, Denmark and Sweden. Asteroids, sometimes called Minor planets or planetoids', are bodies—primarily of the inner Solar System —that are smaller than planets but The Oort cloud ( ort alternatively the Öpik-Oort Cloud) is a hypothetical spherical cloud of Comets believed to lie roughly 50 000 AU, The scattered disc (or scattered disk) is a distant region of the Solar System that is sparsely populated by icy Minor planets known as scattered Geology (from Greek γη gê, "earth" and λόγος Logos, "speech" lit Geography (from Greek γεωγραφία - geografia) is the study of the Earth and its lands features inhabitants and phenomena The article is about the geographic sense of the term For other uses including Regions and Regional, see Region (disambiguation. The Belts are two straits in the Danish archipelago, Little Belt and Great Belt. The Baltic Sea is a Brackish inland sea located in Northern Europe, from 53°N to 66°N Latitude and from 20°E to 26°E Longitude. Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany ( ˈbʊndəsʁepuˌbliːk ˈdɔʏtʃlant is a Country in Central Europe. The Kingdom of Denmark ( ˈd̥ænmɑɡ̊ (archaic ˈd̥anmɑːɡ̊ commonly known as Denmark, is a country in the Scandinavian region of northern Europe "Sverige" redirects here For other uses see Sweden (disambiguation and Sverige (disambiguation. In particular the little Belt is referenced in the first stanza of Das Lied der Deutschen, a German national anthem (the first stanza is no longer used). The Little Belt (Lillebælt is a Strait between the Danish island of Funen and the Jutland Peninsula. Das Deutschlandlied ("The Song of Germany" also known as Das Lied der Deutschen, "The Song of the Germans" has been used wholly or partially as the Das Deutschlandlied ("The Song of Germany" also known as Das Lied der Deutschen, "The Song of the Germans" has been used wholly or partially as the
- Belt, Montana is a small city in Cascade County, Montana, U.S.
- Belt (Netherlands), a small village on the former island of Wieringen, in the Dutch province of North Holland
In fast food, a B. Belt is a town in Cascade County, Montana, United States. The population was 633 at the 2000 census. Cascade County is a County located in the state of Montana, United States. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the Belt or De Belt is a hamlet in the Dutch province of North Holland. Wieringen is a municipality in the Netherlands, in the province of North Holland. North Holland ( Dutch: Noord-Holland,, West Frisian: Noôrd-Holland) is a province situated on the North Sea in the Fast food is the term given to food that can be prepared and served very quickly E. L. T. (Bacon, Egg, Lettuce, Tomato) is a sandwich available at Tim Hortons restaurants. Tim Hortons Inc is a Coffee -and- Doughnut Fast food restaurant chain
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- See also: Balteus
network: | |