Coordinates: 68°21′31.20″N 133°42′55.88″W / 68.3586667, -133.7155222
Not to be confused with Aurora University
, formerly known as Aurora College. A geographic coordinate system enables every location on the Earth to be specified in three coordinates using mainly a spherical coordinate system. Aurora University in Aurora Illinois, USA is a private Liberal arts college that admits both male and female students to four-year undergraduate master's and doctoral
disambiguation - Aurora College (Invercargill)
|Established:||1981 (as Thebacha College) 1984 (as Arctic College) 1995 (as Aurora College)|
|Type:||public college of arts and technology|
|President:||Maurice Evans, B. Aurora College is a secondary school in Invercargill, New Zealand. The date of establishment or date of founding of an Institution is the date on which that institution chooses to claim as its starting point University president is the title of the highest ranking officer within a University, within university systems that prefer that appellation over other variations such as A. , M. Ed. |
|Location:||Box 1290, 199 McDougal Road Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Canada X0E 0P0|
|Campus:||small, remote communities|
|Colours:||blue and white|
|Affiliations:||AUCC, IAU,CIS, UArctic, ACU|
Aurora College, formerly Arctic College, is a college in the Northwest Territories, Canada with campuses in Inuvik, Fort Smith and Yellowknife. A faculty is a division within a University. The concept of a university with different faculties for different subjects dates back to Al-Azhar University, which had Employment is a Contract between two parties, one being the employer and the other being the employee. Inuvik, (place of man is a town in the Northwest Territories of Canada and is the administrative centre for the Inuvik Region. The Northwest Territories (ˌnɔrθˌwɛstˈtɛrɨtɔriz ( NWT or NT; French, les Territoires du Nord-Ouest) is a territory Country to "Dominion of Canada" or "Canadian Federation" or anything else please read the Talk Page School colors are the Colors chosen by a School to represent it on uniforms and other items of identification The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC is an organisation that groups Canada's universities The International Association of Universities (IAU is a group that lists universities of the world recognized by national authorities around the world Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS is the national Governing body of University sport in Canada, comprised of the majority of degree granting universities The University of the Arctic (UArctic is an international cooperative network based in the circumpolar region consisting of Universities, Colleges and other organizations The Association of Commonwealth Universities represents over 480 universities from Commonwealth countries A website (alternatively web site or Web site, a back-construction from the Proper noun World Wide Web) is a collection of Web pages College ( Latin collegium) is a term most often used today to denote an Educational Institution. The Northwest Territories (ˌnɔrθˌwɛstˈtɛrɨtɔriz ( NWT or NT; French, les Territoires du Nord-Ouest) is a territory Country to "Dominion of Canada" or "Canadian Federation" or anything else please read the Talk Page A campus is traditionally the land on which a College or University and related institutional buildings are situated Inuvik, (place of man is a town in the Northwest Territories of Canada and is the administrative centre for the Inuvik Region. Fort Smith ( Slavey language: Thebacha "beside the rapids" is a Town in the South Slave Region of the Northwest Territories Yellowknife (ˈjɛloʊnaɪf ( 2006 population 18700) is the capital of Canada 's Northwest Territories (NWT They have learning centres in many communities in the NWT.
- Aurora College is dedicated to excellence, leadership and innovation in Northern education and research. Aurora College focuses on Student Success and supports the development of our Northern society through excellence in education, training and research. Aurora College aims to be culturally sensitive and responsive to the people the institution serves.
- Aurora College delivers programs at three Campuses, 31 Community Learning Centres and other community sites in the North West Territories. Aurora university delivers community-centred post-secondary programs that accurately reflect Northern culture and the needs of the Northern labour market. Aurora offers several certificate and diploma programs as well as the Bachelor of Education Degree Program and the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program.
- Office Administration Certificate
- Management Studies Access
- Management Studies
- Nursing Access Program
- Bachelor in the Science of Nursing
- Practical Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Community Health Worker
- Social Work Access
- Health & Human Services Access
- Social Work
- Recreation Leaders
School of Education
- Teacher Education Access
- Bachelor of Education
- Aboriginal Language and Cultural Instructor
- Early Childhood Development
- Certificate in Adult Education
- Technology Access
- Natural Resources Technology
Trades and Technology
- Trades Access
- Computing & Information Systems
- Diamond Cutting & Polishing
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Pre-employment Carpentry; Heavy Duty Mechanics; Welding
- Camp Cook 100
- Apprenticeship Programs
Fine Arts and Crafts
- Aurora College provides intramural sports, such as basketball, volleyball, soccer, badminton and hockey and recreational programs. The Aurora College Campus gymnasium in Inuvik is the largest in the Northwest Territories.
- Aurora College provides a limited supply of accommodation for single students and for those with families.
Aurora College Community Learning Centres
- The Aurora College administers Community Learning Centres in other communities depending on demand and funding. Affiliated with the Aurora Campus, Community Learning Centres are located in Aklavik, Deline, Fort Good Hope, Fort McPherson, Holman, Inuvik, Norman Wells, Paulatuk, Sachs Harbour, Tulita, Tuktoyaktuk, Tsiigehtchic, and Colville Lake. Affiliated with the Thebacha Campus, Community Learning Centres are located in Fort Providence, Fort Resolution, Fort Simpson, Hay River, Lutsel K’e, Fort Liard and Hay River Reserve. Affiliated with the Yellowknife campus, Community Learning Centres are located in Behcho Ko, Wha Ti, Gameti, Wekweti, and Dettah/N’Dilo.
- Aurora programs prepare students for further education through university partners.
- Aurora College was created on January 1, 1995 in the Western Arctic from Arctic College. The Science Institute of the Northwest Territories was amalgamated with Aurora College in January, 1995. The portion which is a division of Aurora College is called the Aurora Research Institute. In 1984, Arctic college was established with campuses in Fort Smith and Iqaluit. The College grew to include campuses in each region of the Northwest Territories. The mandate was to deliver adult and post-secondary education. In 1981, the Adult Vocational Training Centre (AVTC) was declared a college and renamed Thebacha College. In the 1970s, the Adult Vocational Training Centre (AVTC) was established.
- The Aurora Research Institute (ARI), a division of Aurora College, has three Research Centres since science must be accessible to people and relevant to their everyday lives. ARI is dedicated to the advancement of traditional knowledge and the joining of traditional knowledge with western science. The ARI offers licensing and research assistance in the western North West Territories. The Northwest Territories (ˌnɔrθˌwɛstˈtɛrɨtɔriz ( NWT or NT; French, les Territoires du Nord-Ouest) is a territory The institute provides laboratory and office space for visiting researchers and promotes science in northern schools. The Aurora Research Institute Head Office is located in Inuvik. The Aurora Research Institute Head Office is Box 1450, Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0. The Inuvik Research Centre is Box 1430, Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0. The South Slave research Centre is Box 45, Fort Smith, NT X0E 0P0.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |