Notable events of 1994 in comics. Year 1994 ( MCMXCIV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display full 1994 Gregorian calendar) Events January February March April Adventures of Superman 500 is released and the Reign of the Supermen Events January After Xavier The Age of Apocalypse is launched See also List of years in comics. This page indexes the individual year in Comics pages Each year is annotated with significant events as reference points
- Avengers West Coast reaches its last issue at number 102.
- Captain America 425 is the debut of the 12-part storyline The Fighting Chance
- She-Hulk vol. 2 is cancelled with issue 60. The caption on the cover reads: “O. K. , kids, we had a deal…now hand over those X-Men comics!”
- The Incredible Hulk issue 417 features Rick Jones’ infamous stag party in which Marvel heroes discover that Jones’ fiancée was an adult film star.
- Conan the Barbarian returns to comics with two titles: Conan the Adventurer and Conan Classic (reprinting the early stories from the 1970’s)
- The Incredible Hulk issue #418 is Rick & Marlo's Wedding issue with an appearance by DC Comics’ character Death. Written by Peter David art by Gary Frank & Cam Smith.
- Thor (Marvel Comics) reaches issue 475 and re-introduces Dr. Don Blake, Thor's first secret identity, and romantic insterest Jane Foster. Thor also gets a new armor and costume.
- The Spider-Man clone saga begins
- DC Comics launches the Zero Month promotion.
- X-Men 41 is the prologue to the Age of Apocalypse with Legion murdering Professor X. The "Age of Apocalypse" is a popular X-Men Story arc.
Exhibitions and shows
- 1994 Chicago Comic Book Convention
First issues by title
- Force Works
- Release: Summer 1994 by Marvel Comics. Milestone Media is a company best known for creating the Milestone Comics Imprint (that was published through DC Comics) and the Static Shock Superman: The Feral Man of Steel ( Superman Annual #6 is a DC Comics Elseworlds special published in 1994. Milestone Media is a company best known for creating the Milestone Comics Imprint (that was published through DC Comics) and the Static Shock Milestone Media is a company best known for creating the Milestone Comics Imprint (that was published through DC Comics) and the Static Shock Marvel Comics is an American comic book company owned by Marvel Publishing Inc Writer: Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. Art by: Tom Tenney and inked by Rey Garcia. Summary: The West Coast Avengers are reborn as Force Works. Financed by Iron Man, the group welcomes a new member called Legacy.
- Generation X
- Release: Fall 1994 by Marvel Comics. Marvel Comics is an American comic book company owned by Marvel Publishing Inc Writer: Scott Lobdell. Art by: Chris Bachalo and inked by Mark Buckingham. Summary: Banshee and Emma Frost bring new, young mutants to Xavier's School for Higher Learning. Veteran but young X-Men member Jubilee is part of the group along with fresh faces: Gateway, M, Skin, Husk, Chamber, Synch, and Penance.
Independent titles The Biologic Show is a Comic book series written and drawn by Al Columbia and published by Fantagraphics Books.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |