Île-de-France is one of the ancient provinces of France, and the one that has been the centre of power during most of French history. The Kingdom of France was organised into Provinces until March 4, 1790, when the establishment of the département The History of France has been divided into a series of separate historical articles navigable through the list to the right It is centred on Paris. Paris (ˈpærɨs in English; in French) is the Capital of France and the country's largest city Today, the territory of the province of Île-de-France is divided between the Île-de-France région and the Picardie région. Île-de-France ( pronounced /il d̪ə fʁɑ̃s/ literally "Island of France" is one of the twenty-six administrative regions of France. France is divided into 26 regions or régions (in French of which 21 are in continental Metropolitan France, one is the island of Corsica, Picardie ( English: Picardy is one of the 26 regions of France.
The name first appears in 1387, replacing the older "Pays de France" when the word pays began to refer to a nation, rather than to a region or area. A nation is a Human Cultural and Social Community. In as much as most members never meet each other yet feel a common bond it may be considered The name "Île-de-France" (literally "Island of France") comes from the rivers Seine, Marne, Oise, and Beuvronne by which the area is surrounded like an island.
The area around Paris was the original personal domain of the king of France, as opposed to areas ruled by feudal lords of whom he was the suzerain. List of Queens and Empresses of France Wikipedia_talkFeatured_lists#Proposed_change_to_all_featured_lists for an explanation of this and other inclusion tags below Suzerainty (ˈsjuːzərənti RP or /ˈsjuːzəreɪnti/ RP) (/ˈsuːzərənti/ GA) is a situation in which a Region or people is a This is reflected by divisions such as the Véxin Français and the Véxin Normand, the former being within the King of France's domain, the latter being within the Duke of Normandy's fief. The Vexin is a former region in France, divided since the 10th century between the Norman Vexin ( Vexin normand) and the French Vexin ( Vexin français The Vexin is a former region in France, divided since the 10th century between the Norman Vexin ( Vexin normand) and the French Vexin ( Vexin français Duke of Normandy is a Title held or claimed by various Norman, French, English and British rulers from the 10th century until the
In 1181 King Philip II cancelled 80 percent of all debts owed to Jews; the remaining 20 percent was to be paid directly to the king. In 1182 King Philip II expelled the Jews from the Île-de-France.